Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Spotters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Babestress wrote: »
    Would you see any MD-11s at Dublin? (or L1011 air DC-10)

MD11s are very rare in dublin, and there are no DC10s or 1011s at all.

Also, it would go a long way if you thanked people for answering your questions. You have asked a lot of questions, and thats perfectly fine, but a bit of gratefulness to the people who go out of their way to find information for you would be nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Babestress

Thanks very much.

What airline operates the largest aircraft into dublin? And what aircaft and time?

Oh and also, will someone keep me posted on when runway 16 will be in use next? doing a lot of planespotting this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Oh and also, will someone keep me posted on when runway 16 will be in use next? doing a lot of planespotting this week.

Slow down a bit man, you have asked this question in another post you set up earlier http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057477869

To which you received a number of replies.

Do you see the thumbs up symbol on the right hand side of the answers you are receiving, perhaps you might use it :)

• Advertisement

Thanks. Has anyone got the airline that operates the largest aircraft into Dublin, the 777, and what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Thanks. Has anyone got the airline that operates the largest aircraft into Dublin, the 777, and what time?

Emirates 777, one arrives around 11am and the other around 8pm, you also then have the Air France Cargo 777 every Saturday morning around 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Lockheed

You have the Air France Cargo 777s and Emirates 777s which billie pointed out,
    but also, early in the morning, about 4-5 am the Ethiopian 777s come in.

And when would you see any MD11s? They are rare so I would like to see one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Listen to people...... We don't know, they are often on short notice and if anyone knows of their arrival they will post here.

• Advertisement

Welcome to the forum Babestress and now a few questions for yourself. :)
    Are you using the Flightradar24 app or website?
    http://www.flightradar24.com
    The information listed in the app and website is a brilliant resource and is normally accurate when listing the aircraft type been used on scheduled flights.

Also this forum is a great resource and at least one of the members will post up in advance when something exotic will be coming in to DUB or elswhere in Ireland. Like all good things in life this might involve a bit of a wait, but trust me if something unusual is heading this way, here is where you'll find out first.

I am also a wee bit puzzled as you said in some earlier post that you have been plane spotting at Dublin for about 5 months where exactly have you been spotting from exactly? "There are no top 10" places to spot from, 6 or 7 at most. But if you have been out there for 5 months you'll have done the usual tour of the perimeter by car or bike and have figured them out for yourself and will have seen where the other spotters congregate / gather.

Speak with the other spotters there, they all enjoy a chat and offering tips to newbies like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

http://www.adamryanaviationphotography.com/planespotting-at-dublin-airport.html

This link was posted before, its an excellent resource for those interested in plane spotting.

Yeah I do use flightradar24 but not so often. I spot at the following locations:
    The mounds at Runway 28
    The back of the airport
    Horizon Logistics Park
    Runway 16 (if in use)

I do engage in some conversations with other spotters there.

And you mentioned above that there are 6 or 7 spots at DUB. These are the only spots I know of. So if there is any more spots you can give me I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Yeah I do use flightradar24 but not so often. I spot at the following locations:
    The mounds at Runway 28
    The back of the airport
    Horizon Logistics Park
    Runway 16 (if in use)

I do engage in some conversations with other spotters there.

And you mentioned above that there are 6 or 7 spots at DUB. These are the only spots I know of. So if there is any more spots you can give me I would be very grateful.

Thanks.
    Looks like you've got it fairly well covered.
    I would suggest that you maximise your usage of FR24, loads of information on it.
    File the odd report here, as to what you saw during your spotting sessions and if you can post up some photos, all the better.
    Listen into Litve ATC http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=eidw on your phone, PC or tablet.
    And if you get wind of a MD-11 heading this way, let us know here as I love to see one myself again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Madme

Anyone know when the USAF C-32 is leaving?

What USAFC-32?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

98-0001 C-32A US Air Force
    9H-VCI CL350 VistaJet Malta
    A6-ENN 777 Emirates
    CN-MBP EMb135 Dalia Air
    F-GZHK 737 Transavia France
    LX-VMF C560XL Luxaviation
    OK-KLM PA-46 Flying Academy c/n 4692140

Picture
    98-0001 https://flic.kr/p/wzphAp

Did 9M-MRD or 9M-MRO ever visit Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Madme wrote: »
    Anyone know when the USAF C-32 is leaving?

Any reason why she was in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

ohigg84 wrote: »
    Any reason why she was in?

A government official coming over to the US embassy.

• Advertisement

C32 on the move

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Did 9M-MRD or 9M-MRO ever visit Dublin?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

So both EY and EK are reducing to one daily flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

I saw a yellow Boeing take off from 16 at about 3:08pm today, was it Europe airport? Or was it a different airline, and where was it going?

Europe Airpost, to Halifax NS.

Runway 16 was in use today. I was there all day. Just getting ready to go home now. Checked flightradar24. Will it be in service tomorrow? Couldn't find a forecast for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The wind is forecast to be 210 degrees at 15 knots tomorrow up to 1pm. This means that the wind will be 70 degrees off the direction for RWY 28. So I would expect them to use 28.

Advertisement