Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Spotters

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Babestress

Thanks.

Just wondering, did any of the four planes involved in 9/11 ever come to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Babestress wrote: »
    Just wondering, did any of the four planes involved in 9/11 ever come to Dublin?

No, they were all from the domestic fleets of the airlines concerned.

Well I obviously didn't know I mean I have only been plane spotting for 6 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Did 9M-MRD or 9M-MRO ever visit Dublin?
    First you ask if the the 2 unfortunate Malaysian planes and now about the 9/11 planes, ever visiting Dublin.
    Are you some sort of a ghoul!

Maybe I'm getting old and Grumphy, but cop yourself on!

• Advertisement

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Seriouly man, I had my suspisions about you line of postings from the outset. Now you ask if the the 2 unfortunate Mylasian planes and now about the 9/11 planes ever visiting Dublin.
    Cop yourself on!

And what is that supposed to mean exactly I was just asking FYI.

In other words I am just asking random questions because I am fairly new to all this. I have lived in Dublin for the past 30 years but only got interested in aviation recently.

In short terms I am not a ghoul I am a plane spotter.

There is no harm in asking as they say.

In other words I am just asking random questions because I am fairly new to all this. I have lived in Dublin for the past 30 years but only got interested in aviation recently.
    Ah forget it and here was me putting you down as a kid who probably knows no better. However as you are at least over 30 years of age. I going to put it down to something else. Stupidity!

That's it, I'm now officially giving all your posts a seriously wide berth.

• Advertisement

Ah forget, it here was me putting you down as a kid who should know better. But if you over 30 years of age I going to put it down to something else. Stupidity and crassness.
    Well I still don't get how asking about the Malaysian 772s and the 9/11 planes visiting Dublin is "stupidity" because quite frankly I think that simply enquiring did the planes that were involved in these tragedies is not unacceptable. I mean come on.

When will a 747 next visit Dublin? This is driving me mad. They are rare and I have seen something about VP-BAT back there. So if there is any word on when the next 747, or even any rare aircraft (excluding the C-32) will visit Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

When will a 747 next visit Dublin? This is driving me mad. They are rare and I have seen something about VP-BAT back there. So if there is any word on when the next 747, or even any rare aircraft (excluding the C-32) will visit Dublin?

Watch the forum here, monitor FR24 and Dublin ATC for possible diversions.

You are repeating a lot of your questions which have already been answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

You could always take a day trip over to London Heathrow for a bit of spotting, more 777s, 747s, A380s etc than you could shake a stick at....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Anyone who has access, as part of their job, to knowledge of sensitive movements is not likely to share it on an open internet forum. Since there are no 747 movements scheduled or probably even planned to DUB, I would not get too exercised about same.

Does anyone know if there are any stored aircraft at Dublin now?

Does anyone know if there are any stored aircraft at Dublin now?

At the back of the airport I mean. I saw an air contractors a300 and a stobart air the other day. Any idea of any of these aircrafts regs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Ryanair 737-700 just landed in DUB

Do you know when it will be heading off or where it came from?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Heres a project for you. Find what the reg is for the only Ryanair 737-700 and Google it, you will then find where it came from and whether it has headed off yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

It will be operating DUB to STN and the return sector also, looking at around a 5pm departure

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Heres a project for you. Find what the reg is for the only Ryanair 737-700 and Google it, you will then find where it came from and whether it has headed off yet

Are you being sarcastic?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Are you being sarcastic?
    Absolutley priceless, just pricless , will now settle into comfortable armchair and watch the set too begin :D

Absolutley priceless, just pricless , will now settle into comfortable armchair and watch the set too begin :D

What the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Babestress, I appreciate your new found enthusiasm for Aviation and the more the merrier but you need to roll back on the 20 questions per hour. There's a search feature at the top of the page where you will find answers to many of your questions. There's other questions were people just won't know the answer, asking continually will only infuriate others.

Everyone else, back up on the piss taking or I'll start having to issue warnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Are you being sarcastic?

FYI I wasn't, I recommend doing some research and learning more along the way.

Right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

https://www.change.org/p/dublin-airport-build-viewing-deck

Don't know if this has been posted before but please sign.

Any rare aircraft coming into Dublin soon? (do not get annoyed at this).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

(do not get annoyed at this).
    Then stop asking!! As others have told you, if there is anything interesting, then people will talk about it if they can, otherwise, they will talk about it when it is seen on FR24.

Until then, relax!

Advertisement