Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Spotters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

EK32007 A319 Armavia arrived.
    Due out tomorrow night after the match.

EK32007
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/namcys11/6229932821/in/photostream

regards

Ken

EI-ERU A321 Ural Airlines c/n 2117 arrived at lunch time today to join its compatriots EI-ERS & EI-ERT.

regards

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Kenny2012 wrote: »
    EK32007 A319 Armavia arrived.
    Due out tomorrow night after the match.

EK32007
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/namcys11/6229932821/in/photostream

regards

Ken

I'm loving all the 707 pics in your gallery too...:eek:

C-GWLL CL604 Execaire
    EI-ERS A321 Ural Airlines
    EI-ERT A321 Ural Airlines
    EI-ERU A321 Ural Airlines
    G-FPLE Beech 200 Cobham Calibrator 392
    LN-RRJ B737 SAS
    N123FT G5 Franklin Templeton Travel Inc
    OO-TNL B737 TNT
    OY-RJG CRJ Cimber Air

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Blue Punto

SPAR27 inbound to shannon eta 10 mins

Just went overhead Portlaoise through a break in the cloud

Gulfstream 5(VC-37A)

Anyone get the serial ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭N7777G

Blue Punto wrote: »
    SPAR27 inbound to shannon eta 10 mins

Just went overhead Portlaoise through a break in the cloud

Gulfstream 5(VC-37A)

Anyone get the serial ??

01-0028

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SEKMG

Was out at the airport this Saturday, when I started to walk home a Maximus A300 fly over my head, and of course I had to break rule nr 1...Always have your camera ready! :(

Anyone know if this is a really rare visitor to DUB?

Yep, you missed a rare one:)

Kenny2012 wrote: »
    Yep, you missed a rare one:)

Darn it....well, I guess that is a part of life and you learn from your stupid mistakes....
    Hopefully I get a new chance...

I am thinking of going out again tomorrow evening or later this week, any one know something nice coming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bet there was fun and games today wit that wind.

We were driving past Tesco in Clarehall today at 12.40 and seen an Aer Lingus pulling up and going around

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

scudzilla wrote: »
    Bet there was fun and games today wit that wind.

We were driving past Tesco in Clarehall today at 12.40 and seen an Aer Lingus pulling up and going around

RTE.ie claiming 5 cancellations and 14 diversions, no mention of the go-arounds though!!!!

Another website says the EI A330 from AGP did a go-around, I wonder does it have higher thresholds than a A320/B737?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dercu

EI585 didn't go around. Took up the hold until winds calmed a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Do you guys think there will be a chance of turbulence in the morning? :D

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Do you guys think there will be a chance of turbulence in the morning? :D

Might be....according to the TAF is is going to be windy during the night...Southern winds at 25 knots with gust up to 40.
    During the morning it the wind will slow to 20 knots with gust to 32.
    Low clouds as well.

TAF EIDW 231700Z 2318/2418 15025G40KT 8000 -RA SCT010 BKN017 TEMPO
    2405/2410 5000 BKN008 BECMG 2407/2410 16020G32K

Hello

I was looking around on several websites today and I can't find any info on the arrival of AFR6807. Looking at their website, it says that the flight have been moved to Friday mornings now. And the departure to CDG still is on Saturday.

Can anyone confirm this? Is this just temporary, or the winter schedule? Are the Saturday arrival of the 74Y gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

what websites were you looking at? is there websites or phone apps that show you what planes are in the sky in real time , and where they are travelling from and to? thanks

eimear10 wrote: »
    what websites were you looking at? is there websites or phone apps that show you what planes are in the sky in real time , and where they are travelling from and to? thanks

I was first looking at FlightAware for flights between KORD and EIDW and could not find any, so that started my suspicion. So I went to AF cargo main page, here, (Serch flight between ORD and DUB, in the bottom of the page) and it says that the flight is on Fridays.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭IrishB.ie

SEKMG wrote: »
    Hello

I was looking around on several websites today and I can't find any info on the arrival of AFR6807. Looking at their website, it says that the flight have been moved to Friday mornings now. And the departure to CDG still is on Saturday.

Can anyone confirm this? Is this just temporary, or the winter schedule? Are the Saturday arrival of the 74Y gone?

Flights from the States leave the day before they arrive on this side of the pond. Nothing has changed.

IrishB.ie wrote: »
    Flights from the States leave the day before they arrive on this side of the pond. Nothing has changed.

Ohh, yeah now I see, duh :p
    Thank you.

But now I see a flight on the Air France web site that leaves ORD on Sunday 30th at 05:35 and arrive DUB 12:25, also as AFR6807 with flight time 1:50 :confused:

Ahh, well, good to know the Saturday is as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

SEKMG wrote: »
    I was first looking at FlightAware for flights between KORD and EIDW and could not find any, so that started my suspicion. So I went to AF cargo main page, here, (Serch flight between ORD and DUB, in the bottom of the page) and it says that the flight is on Fridays.

thanks sekmg , is there anywhere i can type in a registration number and see where its flying from ?

ye see i have an app on my phone that allows me to see planes in the sky in real time eg it shows me a plane flying over south dublin with EIN54Y , is there anyway i can find out what type of plane this is , what company , where its coming from and where its going ?

Thanks for you help im new to aviation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Been rumoured for a while but officially confirmed that UA will launch a DUB-IAD route in May 2012. I'm figuring it'll be a 752.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/new-flights-to-run-between-dublin-and-washington-dc-268429-Nov2011/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

lord lucan wrote: »
    Been rumoured for a while but officially confirmed that UA will launch a DUB-IAD route in May 2012. I'm figuring it'll be a 752.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/new-flights-to-run-between-dublin-and-washington-dc-268429-Nov2011/

Great news! Just shows how incompetent EI were when they were running this route. It is feasible with a bit of marketing promoting economy AND business class.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

Good news that Emirates and United planning new routes to Dublin from next year.

United own Continental now don't they? Or is it the other way around? Either way, looking forward to seeing some more new colours next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

donvito99 wrote: »
    Great news! Just shows how incompetent EI were when they were running this route.

No flexability in the EI fleet, it's either A320/321 shorthaul or A330 long haul. Nothing in between for lighter loads.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

roundymac wrote: »
    donvito99 wrote: »
    Great news! Just shows how incompetent EI were when they were running this route.

No flexability in the EI fleet, it's either A320/321 shorthaul or A330 long haul. Nothing in between for lighter loads.:(

To be fair though that not EI's fault. The next biggest Airbus after the A321 is the A332.

When you look at the aircraft currently in production to date you notice that there is a gap of some sort between the 739/a321 and 762/a332 in terms of size. I'd be curious to see if either Boeing or Airbus design something along the lines of the 757 or A310 again.

DublinKev wrote: »
    United own Continental now don't they? Or is it the other way around? Either way, looking forward to seeing some more new colours next year.

UA & CO merged. It'll still be the current livery flying next year,ie. old CO scheme and tail with UA title on the side.

There'll be no room left in the mornings for EI on Pier E at this rate. I wonder would CO look at dropping the 127 to EWR for the new route. It'll free up an existing slot and utilise a 752. In saying that,the loadings on the 127 are usually pretty good.

C-GWLL CL604 Execaire Inc
    G-CGNP EMB500 Flairjet
    G-KPEI C560XL Eurojet Aviation
    G-SYLJ Legacy 600 TAG Aviation (UK) Ltd
    N8762M Global Express University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
    VQ-BOZ A321 Ural Airlines

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

Thanks for that info Lord Lucan.

It will be good to see T2 becoming a bit busier. Any updates on Air India ar any other airlines using Dublin as an international hub?

• Advertisement

DublinKev wrote: »
    Thanks for that info Lord Lucan.

It will be good to see T2 becoming a bit busier. Any updates on Air India ar any other airlines using Dublin as an international hub?

T2 is very busy as it is,particularly during the summer season. Extra TA flights from T2 will only put more pressure on stand availability and send more EI ops over to Pier B. Air India is dead in the water though rumours abound about Air China arriving next year. Not sure where it's come from and i'll be surprised if it happens tbh.

Advertisement