Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Spotters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

KoolKid wrote: »
    Where do you look up arrivals/departures like these?

Google DAA arrivals and departures.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would know that. But does that give you the more unusual stuff.
    Like the 747 last Sunday & the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would know that. But does that give you the more unusual stuff.
    Like the 747 last Sunday & the likes.

Airport workers and handlers have notice of these things, whether they choose to share it is another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

man98 wrote: »
    Airport workers and handlers have notice of these things, whether they choose to share it is another.
    That a wee bit harsh man98 :) There was is a good community of members here on Boards A&A forum and information of unusual and non standard arrivals and departures is shared and posted up on the forum regurarly.

Great examples of this is the ongoing discussion on the possible future arrival of an EK A380 to DUB. Or whenever a Antonov might be heading in the direction of SNN. Or the current recent visit of B747-400, A9C-HAK into DUB.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    That a wee bit harsh man98 :) There was is a good community of members here on Boards A&A forum and information of unusual and non standard arrivals and departures is shared and posted up on the forum regurarly.

Great examples of this is the ongoing discussion on the possible future arrival of an EK A380 to DUB. Or whenever a Antonov might be heading in the direction of SNN. Or the current recent visit of B747-400, A9C-HAK into DUB.

Not the impression u get when you go out on the mound, it's a very clique community, there's a good few who share, there's a good few who hear these shares and share it and then there is those that won't tell others and those who hear it and won't share. I share what I can, I don't believe specials should be kept secret it should be a community but there's obviously those who don't want that and you see that on the mound if you happen to be out spitting, a few cars will turn up they get out and an aircraft arrives (you get lucky) they knew it was coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Manuel

Since I found this forum, I'm very confident that any noteworthy movements in Dublin will be flagged as soon as they're known, usually days in advance, on here. It's a great "service" and I really appreciate it and thank all those who take the trouble to share the info.

I've been completely frustrated about the lack of advance info about interesting movements in Shannon, but I guess there is a much smaller number of EINN airport workers/handlers on here compared to EIDW. Then I eventually joined the Shannon Spotters group on Facebook and now I finally seem to have that covered. And I learned about that group through this forum :) ...

So thanks to all the folks in EIDW especially that keep us all well informed, and help to bring a little bit of joy into our otherwise dull and mundane lives :) ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Not the impression u get when you go out on the mound, it's a very clique community, there's a good few who share, there's a good few who hear these shares and share it and then there is those that won't tell others and those who hear it and won't share. I share what I can, I don't believe specials should be kept secret it should be a community but there's obviously those who don't want that and you see that on the mound if you happen to be out spitting, a few cars will turn up they get out and an aircraft arrives (you get lucky) they knew it was coming.

Thanks GVHOT, I can only use this forum as a basis of my experience and I find the exchange of information here, excellent.
    Your experience on "The Mound" is disappointing, but that's reflective of life in general and not everyone on "The Mound" is an active or a passive participant on this forum.

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Thanks GVHOT, I can only use this forum as a basis of my experience and I find the exchange of information here, excellent.
    Your experience on "The Mound" is disappointing, but that's reflective of life in general and not everyone on "The Mound" is an active or a passive participant on this forum.

Yeah it's disappointing and very reflective of normal life.

Hats off to those who share and long may it last, I got jumped on for giving a weeks notice of the F16s over Croker(some never said sorry or thanks after, I wasn't doing it for thanks but if you have a pop say sorry and thanks), I saw someone get shot at for giving advance notice of the Amiri 747-400 last week because some thought it was an SP but the source knew for definite it was a -400. Sometimes you can't win and sometimes it makes you not want to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

Yeah it's disappointing and very reflective of normal life.

Hats off to those who share and long may it last, I got jumped on for giving a weeks notice of the F16s over Croker(some never said sorry or thanks after, I wasn't doing it for thanks but if you have a pop say sorry and thanks), I saw someone get shot at for giving advance notice of the Amiri 747-400 last week because some thought it was an SP but the source knew for definite it was a -400. Sometimes you can't win and sometimes it makes you not want to share.

Hopefully they'll have more f16's and joined by a shamrock bus for the next match, seen as its sponsored by EI

billie1b wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll have more f16's and joined by a shamrock bus for the next match, seen as its sponsored by EI

I'd settle for a B2, but that'll have the tree huggers in a tizzy.

• Advertisement

I'd settle for a B2, but that'll have the tree huggers in a tizzy.

Could you imagine, it would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Turkish had an A330 in today.
    Reg: TC-JNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

C-GOAB F2TH Aviation Starlink
    HB-IJS A320 Swiss
    M-BISA PC-12
    N206UW 757 American Airlines
    N510MD C510 Michel Delauzun
    N702TY GLF5 Wells Fargo Bank Northwest
    N822NW A330 Delta Air Lines

Pictures
    C-GOAB https://flic.kr/p/BiKALq
    HB-IJS https://flic.kr/p/BKVwKi
    N822NW https://flic.kr/p/BHCfFb

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Does anyone know or has anyone seen the 747 that went in for a repaint?

ohigg84 wrote: »
    Does anyone know or has anyone seen the 747 that went in for a repaint?

Still in the hangar, was only on its green jet stage on Sunday when I last seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Emirates A319 inbound tech stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Evening folks, bit of a random one here!
    Anyone spotting at DUB tomorrow morning? I have a friend, a pilot on a biz jet flying in at 0730 and he's asked me to try to find someone taking photos tomorrow morning and if he can get a decent up close photo of him in right seat on approach.
    I'll be over to take a few snaps too but I've no special camera or skills whatsoever!

He's willing to pay a few quid for a decent shot!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The light at 07.30 in December is not great

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

The light at 07.30 in December is not great

I never even thought of that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Why so fascinated with watching planes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

bilbot79 wrote: »

Because they are there and why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Why are people so fascinated with watching football? Formula One? The weather? Anything?

The ignorance of some is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

A6-CJE A319115X Emirates UAE2501 fuel stop.
    D-IMAX C525A Sylt Air
    EI-FMJ ATR-72 Stobart Air
    EI-FMS 737 Wells Fargo Bank Northwest ex N396DC
    N44ZF GLF4 Zyman Aviation
    N511DB GLF6 Skybird Aviation
    9H-VCC CL350 VistaJet Malta

Pictures
    A6-CJE https://flic.kr/p/AX9JWX
    A6-CJE https://flic.kr/p/BJYoCo
    EI-EBV https://flic.kr/p/AX7Jt6
    N44ZF https://flic.kr/p/BSd3T7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Why are people so fascinated with watching football? Formula One? The weather? Anything?

The ignorance of some is amazing.

Didn't mean to be ignorant. Personally I think planes are man's greatest achievement and because of their immense size and power they make great watching for sure, especially in sint maarten

I was just thinking out loud

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Because air travel is one of the most fascinating aspects in the world of technology, if not the most.

Some people like star wars, others read books or watch endless hours of TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Qatar A320 after taking off from Doha with no destination, could well be headed here to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Lockheed wrote: »
    Qatar A320 after taking off from Doha with no destination, could well be headed here to dublin

It is inbound, ETA before 5 am

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Lockheed wrote: »

what made you think it was Dublin!?

what made you think it was Dublin!?

It is heading to Dublin. For a repaint might be delayed getting into the hangar as the 747 isn't ready for a few days yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Kenny2012 wrote: »
    N511DB GLF6 Skybird Aviation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Bren
    Wonder what the 30th "Richest American" with an estimated net worth of $15.2 billion is doing in town ?

Advertisement