Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Spotters

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

lord lucan

what may happon is the EWR will drop to 1 daily but upgraded to a B764 or IAD will arrive at 09.25 and depart at 10.55 and the second EWR will arrive any time after 10.30 when more stands will be available on Pier E.

United are due to base most of there 764 in EWR once they are all converted to 2 class and some of CO 757 moving to ORD and IAD etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    lord lucan

what may happon is the EWR will drop to 1 daily but upgraded to a B764 or IAD will arrive at 09.25 and depart at 10.55 and the second EWR will arrive any time after 10.30 when more stands will be available on Pier E.

They'll need to do something like that,TA ops are taking up huge space on Pier E in the summer season.

The Air China thing has being around with a while but roumours are they they want to start DUB and MAN. Would be great if it happoned.

http://www.businessandfinance.ie/bf/2011/9/sept2011newssection/vitisseptember2011

When did Blue Air move to Pier B.

When did Blue Air move to Pier B.

I've only noticed it recently. Maybe with the end of summer schedules there's more room on B. During the summer EI took up virtually all of B in the mornings. Once the first wave of departures was over you had TK/AC/LH/LX etc in as well as some charters so it was pretty much in use all day.

lord lucan

United are due to base most of there 764 in EWR once they are all converted to 2 class and some of CO 757 moving to ORD and IAD etc.

Just had a look on CO's website and CO23 & 127 are both available for booking with the standard departure times of 09.00 & 10.55

• Advertisement

Just had a look on CO's website and CO23 & 127 are both available for booking with the standard departure times of 09.00 & 10.55

The DUB -IAD route is not on sale yet as it has not being officaily announced by United yet and it will take a while for EWR to change if it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SEKMG

eimear10 wrote: »
    thanks sekmg , is there anywhere i can type in a registration number and see where its flying from ?

ye see i have an app on my phone that allows me to see planes in the sky in real time eg it shows me a plane flying over south dublin with EIN54Y , is there anyway i can find out what type of plane this is , what company , where its coming from and where its going ?

Thanks for you help im new to aviation smile.gif

No problem, glad to help.

What program do you use for that?
    The only one I know of is Flight Radar 24
    It show some what more information that what you are telling about. But it also lacks at some planes where it do not have any info.

Other you can learn the call sign, like EIN is Aer Lingus, RYR is Ryan Air etc.

Air France from KORD is delayed today, it just left Chicago and is estimated to arrive in Dublin at 15:00

since the clear sky yesterday, the light was just fantastic. I be heading out this afternoon as well.

RyanAir 737-800
    Aer Lingus A320-200
    Air France 747-400F

BTW
    Since the AF6807 was over 6 hours late, do anyone know the problem?
    I was looking at this picture that I took yesterday when it arrived and you can see that reverse thrust for engine one is not in use, while you can see engine 2,4 and presumably 3 is in use. And also heavy rudder work is in progress, I noticed that during the role out, that the rudder was flapping left like crazy, I assume it is due to keep the aircraft aligned with the centre line since lack of thrust on the left side. Did it have some engine problem, anyone know?

AF6807 with no reverse on engine one

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

D-AIDK A321 Lufthansa
    D-AXLE B737 XL Airways Germany (Sunweb titles) seen on left side of Hangar 5
    F-GVYC C560XL Lyreco SAS
    N51SE GLEX Liberty Mutual Insurance Co
    N312AA B767 Air Transport International opf DHL
    N606TJ F2000EX Bank Of Utah
    N882TW G5 Qualcomm Inc
    SX-SMV A320 Viking Hellas on return to lessor

Pictures
    D-AXLE http://www.flickr.com/photos/namcys11/5747138062/
    N606TJ http://www.flickr.com/photos/namcys11/5716638216/

• Advertisement

If anyone is interested and have time:
    A charter with Komiinteravia is due to land at 12 at DUB from AGA (Agadir)

I persome it is goin to be either a TU-134A or a TU-134B.

I might say it is a rare catch of an Russian aircraft in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

I sorry to disappoint you but the flight is a Jet4you flight so it will be a 737....

Its in the flight number....
    Komiinteravia Kmv JFU8824
    ...JFU=Jet4you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

SEKMG wrote: »
    If anyone is interested and have time:
    A charter with Komiinteravia is due to land at 12 at DUB from AGA (Agadir)

I persome it is goin to be either a TU-134A or a TU-134B.

I might say it is a rare catch of an Russian aircraft in Europe.

Jet4you use Komiinteravia's IATA code (8J)- as Komiinteravia have folded. which is probably how the system got confused.

Jet4you use Komiinteravia's IATA code (8J)- as Komiinteravia have folded. which is probably how the system got confused.

Really, I went out and it did not show up. Says cancelled in the arrival list.
    At least I got Aer Lingus retro scheme :P And what you tell me it would not be that much of a deal, some other airline or a chance to get a 734. T-134 is a little more exiting :P

Talked to some guys there and they told me about the Jet4you and that is stands now in a while but never shows up.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jet4You will be back in DUB from May 2012. They stopped in DUB last May and were due to resume flights in September just gone but didn't happon. Sunway will use Aer Lingus from 24 December - 24 April when they resume flights, then Jet4You will be back.

Ahh

What routes do they have?

I noticed over the last week that a little mobile tea/coffee stall has re-opened at the mound. I remember one being there a few years back,definitely helps make a cold winters days spotting a little easier.

lord lucan wrote: »
    I noticed over the last week that a little mobile tea/coffee stall has re-opened at the mound. I remember one being there a few years back,definitely helps make a cold winters days spotting a little easier.

Yes, I saw him there today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Any of you guys spot the C130 Hercules flying over South Dublin there about five minutes ago? Looked like USAF grey but it could be RAF. Do the RAF use them for submarine HK? Would it have taken over from the Nimrod for any search and rescue missions?

It may be this

http://www.irishairpics.com/photo/1035785/M/Lockheed-L-382G-Hercules/EI-JIV/Air-Contractors---Ireland-AG--ABR/?&sid=2896880107&sp=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Bsal

Has anyone noticed Cityjet using the Air France callsign lately, are all their flights using the new callsign?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Any of you guys spot the C130 Hercules flying over South Dublin there about five minutes ago?............
    I heard it overhead......it was a USMC KC-130T leaving Baldonnell.
    Info from N7777G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭N7777G

Tenger wrote: »
    I heard it overhead......it was a USMC KC-130T leaving Baldonnell.
    Info from N7777G

Tail number is 164181 - callsign is Yanky 97" and it arrived back into Baldonnel around 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

Marine Herc still present in BAL Saturday lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Anyone know the ID of a B747-400 over mid Louth now(12:13pm)?

Its not showing on flightradar, its all white front end with yellow rear fusalage and yellow winglets?:confused:

It was N740CK of Kalitta Air (callsign CKS311)

According to this blog Qatar's A340-600 A7-AGD arrived during the night. Also that her sister AGC was here the 21st. Anyone confirm this? She still here or have she departed?

SEKMG wrote: »
    According to this blog Qatar's A340-600 A7-AGD arrived during the night. Also that her sister AGC was here the 21st. Anyone confirm this? She still here or have she departed?[/QUOTE

see the blog for 21st:-
    http://notam-ireland.blogspot.com/2011/11/21112011.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭DublinKev

Anyone know what these Qatar 340s are here for? We've had a few of them lately but they don't seem to stay long enough for any proper maintenance work? Do love to see them I must admit.

Advertisement