Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What car?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

oh a land rover, nercedes benz 4x4, but if he really wanted to flash the cash....a bentley!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

OOOOoooooooooh,

Tough one......; not that I'd ever be impressed by such a thing BUT...

Land Rover defender..... they so freakin cool....

Jaguar XK8.... phwooaaarrr...

Porsche 911..... tacky but hey....

Big mercs and beemers would do nothing for me., tho a five series 540d would be pretty impressive....

A vintage car would also be fairly impressive.

OOOOh, and an AUDI A5, they're class!!!

or an Aston Martin DB9.... miaooow!!

More practically a golf GTI is always nice; or a lovely Alfa Romeo Brera....

And of course there would be a proviso letting me drive them!!

I just happen to have an A5, Do you want to go for a ride drive in it sometime? You will have to get in line though as it seems to have an odd effect on womens clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

mickdw wrote: »
    I just happen to have an A5, Do you want to go for a ride drive in it sometime? You will have to get in line though as it seems to have an odd effect on womens clothes.

Must be an S5 then....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,351 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Must be an S5 then....

Nope, wish it was. It looks good as long as its not parked beside an S5! You seem to like cars, Do you drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thaedydal wrote: »
    A black one.....:p
    I've a black one ;)
    (It's only a little fiesta tho :()
    Zaph wrote: »
    Our CEO drives an E-Type. It's one of 3 cars that I could possibly be persuaded to lower my moral standards and try a bit of manlove in exchange for one. I'd have to get to keep it though, I'm not a total slut you know! An Aston Martin DB5 and a Frrrari 250 GTO are the other two, in case anyone cares.
    Phlann wrote: »
    I do have a soft spot for the E-Type though, tbh.
    LolaDub wrote: »
    Jag e type
    Manties wrote: »
    jag e-type
    phasers wrote: »
    Old E-type Jag...

Great to see so many people here with GREAT taste! :D It's the one car I've always loved and I'm determined to own one at some stage!!!
    Mmmmmm....
    jaguar_e-type_series_iii_v12_1970_01_m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭daraghmack

Bijoux wrote: »
    Ahhhh it's time like this that I become determined to get a license!

It's fab....and black is such a classy colour....

I HATE white cars!I just fail to see the point in them.
    Only exception to this rule is the new Golf :cool:

I have a feeling that white could be becoming the next silver, all the higher spec new models in the showrooms these days seem to be white, the Europeans are gone big into it now for some reason, I agree with you it suits certain models and not others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I saw this on the M50 yesterday and i nearly crashed.. it made a stirring in my special place!

And yes i know i have draged up and old thread but instead of starting a new one!

DB5-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

PFFFTTTtt, ya couldn't seriously go off road in an X5 anyways, that'd be both embarrassing and a terrible shame!!

Personally, if i had to choose a jeep and go for the landrover defender or discovery....something decidedly retro about them....and i like it!!!

landrover's arnt jeeps there 4%4s ;)

and as for what car...
    my anger beating stress releaving toy
    BowlerNemesis-01.jpg

merc amg black for lossing my liecance...

mercedes-benz-clk-63-amg-black-series.jpg

One of these becauise a driving god helped desighn it :cool:
    honda-nsx-r-1.jpg

and for those days where i just want to wear my exspensive watchs a nice suit and be completly tastefull

alfa-romeo-sports-cars-23.jpg

:eek::cool: pure sex sole of driving yes please :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Convertibles are about showing off.

You either don't own one, or think that cars are just a way of getting from A to B. I have rarely felt as good about life as I have when driving with my roof down on a summer's day on a mountain road, with a full view of the sun and trees above and around me, and the dulcet gentle roar of the V8 motor unimpeded by any sound-reduction materials. (A little tyre screech on some of the corners helps, too). And if there's nobody around to see me, so much the better. Why share the road with anyone else? (Also less chance of crashing into anyone if I go a little wide on the blind curve...)
    I have a feeling that white could be becoming the next silver, all the higher spec new models in the showrooms these days seem to be white, the Europeans are gone big into it now for some reason, I agree with you it suits certain models and not others.

I'm trying to figure out what colour my next purchase will be. (Probably a CTS-V). I want to move away from silver or grey, white won't really work for me. Black's always a good fallback, but a little clichéed. Maybe the red one that May drove in his Top Gear trip to Bonneville?

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

When I seen Top Gear doing a piece on Opel Vectra - and it overtaking other cars outside of it class I stated 'I want that one'
    I got one (silver 1.8) christmas week 06year
    Now I have seen the new insignia thats my next goal - in 2 yrs

Super cars are fine and dandy - but would you be able to go over any speed bums and pot holes. Hence you are going to have to move to a diff country to get quality roads e.g Germany - autoban, where you can open engine up. But if i had a pick it would be Aston Martin DBS, Vanquish or DB9 - SWQUELCH

But in the recessh of afforablility - swoon a mobiles (they must all be black and shinny)
    BMW 745i, X5 OR X3
    Opel Vectra, Insignia
    Mercedes C180

I dont like leather seats - you stick to them
    I hate 'modified' cars
    Garish colours annoy me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'm a classic car girl, with a special place in my heart for 1950s autos, so any Jag or Porsche from that time would do. My all time favorite, however, is the 1955 Chevy Corvette, top down of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

landrover's arnt jeeps there 4%4s ;)

and as for what car...
    One of these becauise a driving god helped desighn it :cool:
    honda-nsx-r-1.jpg

They are fantastic in so many ways that most people just don't understand!! But you're not a chick, are you? Thought this thread was for girls who would go for a fella because of his car - and I'm willing to bet not too many girls in this country would like an NSX-R.
    As for those who say you can't drive supercars in this country cause of speed bumps and potholes - yes you can. No problems.
    And there's no such thing as a 540d!
    I'm also surprised at the amount of girls who like interesting cars yet never visit the motors forum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Has to be a motorbike Im afraid, cars just dont do it for me:D

e_mcgrigor_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Nothing like the wonderful curves on a Beetle, esp with a passate engine put in it.

Blasphemy!! :mad:

A watercooled engine in a beetle? gerrout! :P

This also makes me happy...

aston-martin-one-77.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Also hate lambos, bleuuuggghhhhh yuk. no thanks id sooner walk.

I also dont like white cars.

But im a woman of simple taste..

BMW M3 or 5 series

or a

Toyota Celica....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The Lambo Murc...

I saw watched it in the Dark Knight, and I nearly fell off my chair:D

The Bugatti is sex on wheels, but what are the chances of that? Besides, as proven on TG, it is too heavy for proper driving, straight line, it's brilliant, but the corners, it does drag down a bit...

Quite like the look of the Mustang, good car, without trying to hard.

As for classics, I've always had a soft-spot for Jags, and I've taken quite a liking to Bentleys.

As for my dream car, I would just love to one day own a Mini Cooper. Yes, I know....ooh ambitious:rolleyes:.

I did quite like the Morgan....

Pretty much my only chance of getting a lad with any of these cars, or able to cover the price range of these cars....I will have to bag a Top Gear lad....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

The Bugatti is sex on wheels, but what are the chances of that? Besides, as proven on TG, it is too heavy for proper driving, straight line, it's brilliant, but the corners, it does drag down a bit...

It's heavy, but not too heavy for proper driving. Watch Tiff Nedel in it on 5th Gear.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Great to see so many people here with GREAT taste! :D It's the one car I've always loved and I'm determined to own one at some stage!!!
    Mmmmmm....
    jaguar_e-type_series_iii_v12_1970_01_m.jpg
    I would agree, but not the V12, the earlier one is purer looking in my humble.
    motoring-graphics-2_839583a.jpg

Oh and I almost forgot....
    ferrari_california_spyder_1_aw.jpg
    Ferrari California 250 spyder..... drooool(Ferris beuler car)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Ok I'm sure they have been mentioned, well I'd hope so!
    But if you have any of the 3 below, you can have me! :p:D

BW_Ford_GT.jpg

2006-Ford-Mustang-Eleanor-Body-Kit-Gone-in-60-Seconds-or-Less%21-A-640.jpeg

2010_chevy_camaro_tampa_3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

If there was any car that would make me want to learn how to drive it would be the Lotus 7.

2007_09_23_Lotus7.jpg

The Prisoner is my favourite TV series of all time. Seen one of these out in Skerries one day too... it was lovely.

Dord wrote: »
    Blasphemy!! :mad:

A watercooled engine in a beetle? gerrout! :P

:eek::eek:

Its like drinking salt water shouldn't happen :)

oh and ever so rude of me

golf_gti_mk1.jpg

D4C7C7275BE11F89394BFC93609A.jpg

i sooooo want one of these to allso was braught home from the hospital 2 weeks after i was born in one of these :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

<3 .....

VW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

Wibbs wrote: »

Oh and I almost forgot....
    ferrari_california_spyder_1_aw.jpg
    Ferrari California 250 spyder..... drooool(Ferris beuler car)

My OH dad has that in red! Uses it for 'sunday driving'! He's single!! (I kid I kid)

For me, it's definately the DB9! So hot!:o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

My OH dad has that in red! Uses it for 'sunday driving'! He's single!! (I kid I kid)
    :eek:Don't do that to me. I was contemplating the sex change and my wedding dress fitting!:D Though as part of the prenup I would be demanding a respray in black as above or midnight blue..

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

2010_chevy_camaro_tampa_3.jpg

You know, I've been trying to like that new Camaro, but I think I prefer the older one I have in terms of styling. (It's the V-6 model, I plan on selling it for something actually worthwhile)
    camsde2.jpg

When it comes to new pony cars, I think Dodge have it nailed, with the admittedly overpriced Challenger. It looks even better in the flesh.

moparregister-challenger-black.jpg

NTM

Every time i read this thread it makes me cry.. SOME beautiful cars,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

http://figarovillage.co.uk/Images/CarPhotos/pink_figaro_1.jpg

The prettiest car ever <3<3<3.....one day it shall be mine :p!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Jules wrote: »
    I saw this on the M50 yesterday and i nearly crashed.. it made a stirring in my special place!

And yes i know i have draged up and old thread but instead of starting a new one!

DB5-2.jpg

I really wanted to book one of these for our wedding as a surprise for the main man!

Unfortunately I had to settle for this:

Pic004.jpg

:D

Advertisement