Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Rovers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Your "awareness" is not what it once was boggles.

Sam spoke about it first, and shortly afterwards, without any question to do with Sam or Blackburn (the question was about the Everton match & wat Moyes had built there), without any prompting from the press, SAF brought that harmless question back to an attack on rafa & his comments on Everton a couple of years ago, then swiftly moved into "oh but i'll tell you cannot be excused, his dismissive actions against Sam, did you see it?"......to emphasise the point how this was planned, he actually ASKS THE JOURNALISTS if they'd seen it. On the same morning Sam spoke, despite not mentioning anything in the week previous.

You can thank me later for correcting your error ;)

So again, Sam Alldardyce, instead of focusing all his energies on saving his side from relegation, colluded with Alex Ferguson to make false allegations & attempt to unsettle a foreign manager in the PL (as he has done with his numerous outbursts against Rafa over the years)....tell me again about all the good work he does for the LMA?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,737 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Your "awareness" is not what it once was boggles.

Sam spoke about it first, and shortly afterwards, without any question to do with Sam or Blackburn (the question was about the Everton match & wat Moyes had built there), without any prompting from the press, SAF brought that harmless question back to an attack on rafa & his comments on Everton a couple of years ago, then swiftly moved into "oh but i'll tell you cannot be excused, his dismissive actions against Sam, did you see it?"......to emphasise the point how this was planned, he actually ASKS THE JOURNALISTS if they'd seen it. On the same morning Sam spoke, despite not mentioning anything in the week previous.

You can thank me later for correcting your error ;)

So again, Sam Alldardyce, instead of focusing all his energies on saving his side from relegation, colluded with Alex Ferguson to make false allegations & attempt to unsettle a foreign manager in the PL (as he has done with his numerous outbursts against Rafa over the years)....tell me again about all the good work he does for the LMA?! :rolleyes:

Watch it again Alan, the full version.

The Journalist prompts him after that by saying

"You mentioned Rafa, he has had alot to say for himself in the last number of weeks"

Ferguson calls him arrogant, etc.

You tell me how you feel about the manager of your football team having a go at successful managers, with fhacts and rants but yet has scored a hatrick of seasons with no succes, do you think Rafa should concentrate on Liverpool winning trophies then using the press to air his dislike for managers?

José was arrogant like Rafa, but at least he had the success to back it up.

I'm not getting into it with you again Boggles re:Rafa success etc etc, its been done-you'll just try & get a rise out of me talking rubbish. sorry, but it aint happening.

now onto Sam being a pawn....which is what we'er discussing. Proof the attack was planned by the two?

the journalist says here Rafa has had a lot to say over the last few weeks (after SAF already mentioned Rafa earlier in the conference), the journalist is obiviosuly refering to the comments about Utd & Ferguson over the last number of weeks...Ferguson brings Sam into it totally unprompted & actually goes out of his way to ask the journalists had they seen it and he explains to the journalists what happened & explains the gestures.

No prompting there in regards to the outburst Sam had made around the same time. In fact with Alex having to explain what happened, it would be safe to assume, they weren't yet aware.... remember both stories broke at around the same time. It was calculated by Sam & Alex, i know, you know it & everyone knows it.

Or are you going to claim that it was simply a co-incidence the two managers brought it up within very little time of each other, a week after the event in question?

If Blackburn get relegated, Rovers fans should really be asking their manager why he used their club as a vehicle for Utd to carry out a vendetta against Rafa.

It was calculated by Sam & Alex, i know, you know it & everyone knows it.

One question, Why?

For the same reason Alex & Rafa have been having pops at eachother all year. The infamous "mind games".

For the same reason Alex & Rafa have been having pops at eachother all year. The infamous "mind games".

What does Sam get out of it?

he gets to feel important & feel like he is helping his mate.

you ever see Happy Gilmore?

he gets to feel important & feel like he is helping

:D Take an hour off Alan and think about what your suggesting. Ferguson jumped on the bandwagon to have a pop at Rafa but to say he orchastrated the thing is a whole of this I'm afraid.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

maybe it was Sams idea.

There was no wagon for Fergie to jump on, when he did his conference it wasn't news....the only way he could know wat Sam had said in his press conference was if the two had already spoken about it.

There is no doubt it was orchestrated between the pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've said my bit and I'm finished discussing it. On to the more pressing issues of relegation trouble for me. Big Sam has done his best by the way, you can't blame him for all the injuries that have occurred over the season. Reid was a big loss early on, then Emerton goes down as well, RSC has only been match fit for a few games. We have problems but we should still stay up, I'd expect six points from the West Brom and Portsmouth games and hopefully we get something on Sunday even with our current injury woes.

• Advertisement

Ok EagleEye, fair enough, but most of what you said was shown to be nonsense. So don't be expecting any sympathy from me when Blackburn crash & burn :D

Ok EagleEye, fair enough, but most of what you said was shown to be nonsense. So don't be expecting any sympathy from me when Blackburn crash & burn :D
    The one weird thing is that you seem to only remember the bad things that somebody says, I have always rated Rafa but I said that I thought he needed to learn how to beat those defensive sides and to let the team loose on the pitch. He has done that recently in two big games and how entertaining were Liverpool. Could you imagine what they'd do to the Stokes and Hulls of this world playing like that?
    Anyways if you are shouting for Rovers to fail, then don't expect any sympathy from me if you lose out in any games. I think most of what I've said about Liverpool has been positive over my time in this forum.
    Also on a side note, I said I'll back Big Sam until such time as there is proof that this did not happen. Do you really expect me to take the side of a manager of another team when its not certain either way. I think you'll find that I did not back Fergie at any stage regarding his comments, and I also did not say that Rafa had defintitely signalled that way. The thing is that I have to give the benefit of any doubt to Big Sam(just like you will always do for Rafa) so I'm sticking to my view on the matter.

Now will you please take that horrible youtube off the post, I can't stomach opening the thread and seeing that head.

eagle eye wrote: »
    The one weird thing is that you seem to only remember the bad things that somebody says, I have always rated Rafa but I said that I thought he needed to learn how to beat those defensive sides and to let the team loose on the pitch. He has done that recently in two big games and how entertaining were Liverpool.

are you mad?! i'd dying for a return to 1-0 matches, my heart can't take much more of that swashbuckling football! :)
    eagle eye wrote:
    Now will you please take that horrible youtube off the post, I can't stomach opening the thread and seeing that head.

done, you might like the one i put there instead. always felt Rafa made a mistake letting him go (see, even i can admit when my manager does something wrong ;)). one of the most under rated players in the PL imo.

Well the weekend really went well for us. We now look pretty safe although another three points would just make sure of it. Our remaining fixtures are Man City away, then home against Portsmouth, then away to Chelsea and finally home against West Brom.

Its looking good after Newcastle only drew the other night leaving us in 15th spot and 6 points clear of the relegation zone. We've picked up 24 points in the 17 games since Big Sam arrived, compared to 10 points for Paul Ince in 16 games. We won a game before Big Sam took the reigns which doesn't count for either manager.

Anyways the big favourite for Player of the Season seems to be Stephen Warnock. He has played very well in the latter half of the season, but I'd prefer to see Ryan Nelsen get it personally. I don't think we have any outstanding candidate like in previous years. I think Robbo, Samba, Ooijer and Jason Roberts would all be in contention.

The two new arrivals in January have both been excellent, and Gael Givet in particular has been outstanding for us in every game he has played but he won't be player of the year.

Its pretty much certain that Aaron Mokoena will get the goal of the season for his stunner against Sunderland in the FA Cup, its between him and Dunny for his goal against Everton at the start of the season. Personally I voted for RSC's goal against Coventry but it didn't get many votes.

Matt Derbyshire finished the season in style scoring yet again in Olympiacos' season ender. He scored 5 league goals in 7 appearances for them and 1 in 3 substitute appearances in cup games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Derbyshire played a blinder coming off the bench to help Olympiakos win the cup,

coming on at 2-0 down, he scored twice in a game that finished 4-4, then went on to score twice in the shootout, Olympiakos winning 19-18!

Looks like he wants to stay there, he is hoping the clubs can come to an agreement,

Sad news for me, i wanted to see this guy being given a chance, we could have done with him now!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_5271798,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Good win for Blackburn at the weekend! Thats us safe for def in all but the worst case senario!

Since I can't see us being caught now I'm going to turn my attention towards

First - Player of the season for us - This was a tough one as have to say I've been disappointed with alot of this season but at least we pulled away from the trouble in the end. I think Stephen Warnock deserves this as IMO while we had no real stand out player he was one of the few players that seemed to really want it even during the "Ince" period.

Second how we can improve the current squad.

Summer Signings - What do you guys think what type of player do we need? I'll post my own thoughts on this later but first to do a bit more scouting on championship manager :P

new away jersey got launched on the 15th! Have to say initial thinking is that I like it so I've order one just waiting for it to arrive in the post!

Link to the new away strip

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/0910-blackburn-away-officially-launched_3697

0,,10303%7E5919183,00.jpg

The time has come to say goodbye to the legend that is Tugay Kerimoglu. The man has been brilliant for us since 2001 right up until this season where his age seems to have finally caught up with him. As said in the past by other managers he would have been top of their shopping lists if he was younger. He is without doubt the best midfielder that has ever played for our club imo. A sad day for all followers of Blackburn Rovers. :(

I think there will be a lot of movement at Blacburn this summer.

Players definitely on the way out.

Tugay's going home, so is Ooijer, Mokoena is joing Portsmouth. Thats the definites so far.

I have a feeling that Benni McCarthy might be gone as well, and I still don't know if we will see Matt Derbyshire again. Roque Santa Cruz was expected to be going elsewhere but with his injuries and now an operation I just don't know if he is certain to go. He still has three years left on his contract so it would take a hefty fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sad day for us indeed to see Tugay go. He's been a fantastic player for us and we'll definitely be worse off without him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

well done tugay.

a great servant to Blackburn Football Club. A magnificent passer of the ball, with a cannon in his right foot. at times he just glided through games, hardly breaking a sweat. awesomely gifted, and a joy to watch in his pomp.

he deserved to have the captains armband on his farewell.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Tugay....40 fags a day and lasted into his late 30s ! what a player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Total Professional, Maybe not the quickest or most combative Midfield player, but as the saying goes 'He could see a pass', superb passer with gr8 vision, could see a player in a good position AND make the pass drop to his feet.

Great that he was still playing this year,k we could do with more of his quality.

Good Luck TUGAY! :)

Sad to see the end of Tugay as a player alright, wonder if there is anymore news on him taking a coaching role or something, talk of that seems to have died down since Sam came in.

Olympiakos have tabled an official bid for Derbyshire, no news on Blackburns response yet. I would love to see us hold onto him - but i wouldn't begrudge him Champions league football and more medals if Blackburn can't promise him first team football.

I love the way Big Sam is always so quick to move. And this was done very quietly, not even a hint of anything. :)
    Sam Allardyce has made his first foray into the summer transfer market wtih the capture of Elrio Van Heerden.

The South African international arrives on a free transfer from Belgium side Club Brugge and has put pen-to-paper on a two-year deal with the Ewood Park club.

A speedy midfielder who is comfortable on either flank or through the centre of the park, the 25-year-old started his professional career in Denmark in 2002 at FC Copenhagen, making his debut in 2004 before going on to play 26 times for the Danish club, scoring five times.

A move to Belgium followed in 2006 where he spent two years with Club Brugge, scoring two goals from his 67 appearances.

Capped 25 times, van Heerden is part of the South African squad that will take part in the Confederations Cup this June. Elrio left his country's training camp to sign for Rovers before jetting back to South Africa on Monday.

South Africa face Iraq in Johannesburg on 14th June, New Zealand in Rustenburg on June 17th before their final group match against Spain in Bloemfontein on June 20th.
    Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce has admitted new signing Elrio van Heerden will need time before he is ready for Premier League action.

The South Africa international winger has moved to Ewood Park on a free transfer from Belgian side Club Brugge.

Van Heerden has put pen to paper on a two-year deal but Allardyce will not be throwing him straight into the all-action environment of England's top-flight.

The Rovers boss wants the 25-year-old to spend some time working on his physique and expects it be closer to Christmas before Van Heerden is fully up to speed.
    Impact

Allardyce told the club's official website: "We need to build him up a little strength-wise, he's not the biggest of lads, but he has the similarities of his international team-mate Pienaar who plays at Everton and we all know how well he's done.

"So if he settles quickly and gets stuck in to the regimes that we have, the core strength work, the flexibility, the mobility and we build him up a little bit then I'm sure he'll make an impact as the season progresses.

"I'm not envisaging it will be from the start of the season, I don't want anyone to think that come the 15th of August he's going to be right out there, although that would be a major bonus if that was the case.

"I think in and around the middle of the season we should see the sort of development that we need and then we should see him use his abilities on the field from there on."

Talented

Van Heerden is part of the South Africa squad for this summer's Confederations Cup where Rovers fans will get a chance to see their new signing in action.

Allardyce added: "We'll obviously be out there monitoring him as well now we've signed him. Then when he gets back he's a lot of work to do to get to the Premier League level that we would want him to be.

"We've signed a very talented young man we feel, I think it is a great addition. He's got lots of pace, lots of ability, he can play both sides of the field, wide right, wide left.

"He's been with Brugge for a year or two and had a couple of injuries which has been hiding his talents for a while, but we've monitored him over the last few months."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

thats a decent start to our signing campaign :D

I love the way Big Sam is always so quick to move. And this was done very quietly, not even a hint of anything. :)

thats cause no one else wanted them!

;)

sad news regarding one of our ex players wifes. Hendry was always my fav player when I was growing up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lancashire/8144551.stm

sad news regarding one of our ex players wifes. Hendry was always my fav player when I was growing up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lancashire/8144551.stm

Club legend and a favourite of mine when i was younger too,

terrible news

http://breakingnews.ie/sport/rovers-sign-real-madrid-defender-salgado-423160.html

Wohoo we're going to win the league! Not quite but hopefully he'll turn out to be a decent signing for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Big Sam has always been a great innovator of technology and gadgets with his management, do you reckon he will have the team playing in contamination suits tomorrow night!?

Just for those who might not know,

Sam is to miss the next 3 games, he is due to have heart surgery soon after complaints during the week.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/8371989.stm

Wish him a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Said I'd drag this thread back from the doldrums. Now that Dindane has gone (Rovers were heavily linked with him) and Zigic looks like going to Brum, the two strikers we're left with according to all the sports sites are Piquionne and Beattie. I don't fancy either of them.

Word has it Sam is using Salgado to potentially try and lure Guti to Ewood. We'd have to pay him huge wages though, he's getting on a bit and I never thought he was that great anyway. I'm hoping we don't get him but, after last season's tenth placed finish and our last few games, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming season for Rovers.

I'm just praying we can hold onto N'Zonzi, Olsson and Jones. Defence is now our strongest area so we just need to add a midfielder and an experienced striker to help Kalinic up front. If we can't get a midfielder though, I'd be happy enough with just a striker.

Steven Reid will join West Bromwich Albion on the 1st July when his Blackburn Rovers contract officially ends.

I really hope everything works out for him, wonderful guy and a hard worker too. He really deserves a run of good fortune for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Steven Reid will join West Bromwich Albion on the 1st July when his Blackburn Rovers contract officially ends.

I really hope everything works out for him, wonderful guy and a hard worker too. He really deserves a run of good fortune for a change.

Rovers' fans aren't too happy with him in general though. We paid a few million for him and he was there 3 to 4 years and had one good season. The rest of the time Rovers havebeen paying his wages and for his rehabilitation and now he jumps ship straight away. Apparently he had no interest in staying to fight for a place.

Good news for Ireland though that he should get regular football.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Rovers' fans aren't too happy with him in general though. We paid a few million for him and he was there 3 to 4 years and had one good season. The rest of the time Rovers havebeen paying his wages and for his rehabilitation and now he jumps ship straight away. Apparently he had no interest in staying to fight for a place.

Good news for Ireland though that he should get regular football.
    Well let me correct you on that.

He was there 7 years and had a couple of good seasons including our two best seasons this decade where we finished 6th and 7th.
    Nobody is not happy with him, a lot of people are just regretful that injury robbed us during his time there.

You see this Rovers paying his wages things is a myth really, insurance kicks in after two weeks so in the case of Steven Reid the club have not been out much money. The nightmare for a club is a player who gets these knocks and misses one game every two or three. This guy will miss a load of games a season and the club will pay for a 38 game season.

Advertisement