Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portfolio Brief. HELP & ADVICE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

NCAD letters this week guys :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

so scared :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

Oh God so is it this week for sure?? I can't bear the suspense any longer. :(

It must be...IT HAS TO BE D':
    i hope it doesnt run into april...i just want to know now :(

I was told that they had "hoped" to have them out for this week.
    Then again it is very possible that it could roll into next week... you can never trust artists and their deadlines :D

For the sake of the fellow sixth year collective sanity, I'm banking on getting them this week. Irish Oral clashing with not getting in would be naaasty >_<

• Advertisement

After school today I went and asked my art teacher and she said she rang them a few weeks ago and they told her the last week in March. Which technically is this week, right? :o
    I've wasted valuable French oral time watching for the postman already. :( Let's hope it pays off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Pant,collapse pass out. Did my German Oral today,would be nice to get letter too,have it all wrapped up

• Registered Users Posts: 39 qwertyu

i rang ncad this morning people, the lady sed ''you will receive a letter at the end of this week, or next week....''

getting SOOOOO impatient.

By the sounds of things it looks like it will be early next week then :D

Seeing as we're nearly there best of luck everyone in advance. Here's hoping not too many of us are left disappointed.

I for one am fully prepared for a (likely) rejection :o

Funny enough there's also a documentary for RTE being filmed in my school at the moment. As I'm one of the lucky sixth years chosen to be 'followed', the whole bloody country is going to know if I don't get in >_>

aw yes , good luck everyone!
    @motorbreath...dont worry :) im sure you will!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nosmodias

Best of luck everyone! and don't worry NCAD are usually pretty punctual so if they say the next week-ish it will be. Its changed since I applied! you used to get the project after you got excepted! Is anyone applying to Crawford?

nosmodias wrote: »
    you used to get the project after you got excepted!
    what dyou mean? i know if you get accepted to ncad they give out a project you do over the summer before starting core.

I'm 100% prepared for rejection too, but I'll cry anyway. :p I just want the letter now, so I'm not driving myself crazy waiting! This has been the longest week ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nosmodias

Papillon! wrote: »
    what dyou mean? i know if you get accepted to ncad they give out a project you do over the summer before starting core.

oh sorry I misunderstood. I thought the brief for the portfolio was instead of the project you have to do once your excepted. sorry I didnt mean to confuse anyone! I applied in 2003 and got in but went to crawford instead. if there was a brief at the time I didn't follow it!

Still No letter :(
    Any news for you guys???

Nope nothing! :( I think I'll call them tomorrow and ask if they've been sent out by that time.

Nope nothing! :( I think I'll call them tomorrow and ask if they've been sent out by that time.
    I emailed them today,still waiting for reply.

Nothing my end either.
    So it shall be tomorrow or next week then.... hmmm place your bets here folks :D

Edit:
    In reading back over the thread there it's pretty obvious we've been really a right pack of worriers. Here's hoping it all pays off!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Good luck to you guys!
    I'm anxiously awaiting a letter from Ballyfermot now. I had my interview for Animation Drawing Studies last week and they said I'm definitely in, but they could've been bull****ting me for all I know!

Also had my portfolio assessed at Dun Laoghaire IADT today as well, no interview (yet...) but I'll be getting my results in May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 unugh

You will get Ballyfermot.They said the same to me and sure enough i had it(with just 5 drawings-ha).

So...Letters will be next week then hopefully.As I suspected nothing this week + everywhere should be on holidays for Easter the week after so they would be obligated to send them out next week.

+ Earlier when I said someone had got there letter,someone did infact get called for an interview.Thats it.

• Advertisement

STILL NOTHING!!! Now i'm getting annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 qwertyu

this is actually ridiculous! there's so much hype, and i'm expecting to be disappointed so it doesn't make it easier waiting on this letter to confirm :P getting really pissed off waiting on the postman everyday its pathetic, ncad need to get their act together!:mad:

I rang NCAD at lunchtime today and asked if the letters had been sent out yet, and the girl said 'Yes, you should get it middle of next week.' So I took that to mean YES the letters have been sent, but if so, then surely we would get them on Monday, not the middle of next week? :confused: So either they were sent out today or they're being sent out next week I'm so confused! :p Did anyone else give them a ring and if so what did they say??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 unugh

Ha.I wasnt expecting this.I remember last year it was around the same time ppl started getting letters(as in last day March-1st/2nd April).Considering they have at the least 300 LESS people to deal with this year I thought it would be more efficient.
    Maybe the lack of applications gave them more time to be really rigurous and thorough with who gets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mardybum

nosmodias wrote: »
    I applied in 2003 and got in but went to crawford instead. if there was a brief at the time I didn't follow it!

Hi everyone! I've been lurkin around feeding moral support without postin since back in ...january or dec, (you may remember me as VERY DESPERATE)

My head is totally wrecked waitin for this letter. I do take solice in what someone said about 1 in 3 people getting in... My flatmate rang me yesterday to say I had a letter, practically ran all the way home and it was just from Galway sayin to bring portfolios in April. Also I heard that Galway is no use. Im doin a portfolio course in Ballyier, and yesterday a girl came in who did my course last year. She started Galway in September and left coz she thought they were so ****! I also did a night course in NCAD last year and the teacher there said they were no good. Has anyone else got any opinions on this?

I'm really interested in the crawford thing tho, I got my letter from them the other day, got 525 points, which I was pretty happy with. Why did you choose them instead of NCAD?

On the first day of college in NCAD, we can all ask if we used to post on boards.ie!:)

mardybum wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I've been lurkin around feeding moral support without postin since back in ...january or dec, (you may remember me as VERY DESPERATE)

My head is totally wrecked waitin for this letter. I do take solice in what someone said about 1 in 3 people getting in... My flatmate rang me yesterday to say I had a letter, practically ran all the way home and it was just from Galway sayin to bring portfolios in April. Also I heard that Galway is no use. Im doin a portfolio course in Ballyier, and yesterday a girl came in who did my course last year. She started Galway in September and left coz she thought they were so ****! I also did a night course in NCAD last year and the teacher there said they were no good. Has anyone else got any opinions on this?

I'm really interested in the crawford thing tho, I got my letter from them the other day, got 525 points, which I was pretty happy with. Why did you choose them instead of NCAD?

On the first day of college in NCAD, we can all ask if we used to post on boards.ie!:)

i've applied to galway as well. got a letter from them telling me my interview date in late april. went to the open day thow and to be honest didnt think much of it. it was so badly run and the people showing us around the college were unable to answer simple questions...saying that thow it cud still be good...just judging by first impressions it wasnt :P

ive no letter from ncad yet either :(

mardybum wrote: »

Oh God, I hope so *fingers crossed, rabbit's foot, prays* :( I feel more pessimistic by the minute! I have a half-day at school Monday, so I'm going to come home and sit beside the letterbox with a hip flask. I have a feeling it's coming Monday, but that's probably wishful thinking! Congrats on Crawford, mardybum! :)
    Out of interest, has anyone applied to Limerick? I have it as my second choice but they haven't sent me a letter about an interview yet. :confused:

yeah ive applied to limerick too but they only wrote asking if i was still interested and they'd put my name down for interview but they never wrote back to me telling me when it is..
    lit is my second choice too :)

Good idea Weekend Warrior. I think I might just join in on that hip flask and letterbox combination :pac:

So glad it's almost over, someone came up to me today saying "Oh, I heard you got into NCAD". My heart nearly skipped a beat *pulls hair out* :p

Best of luck anyone waiting on the long haul with UL/IADT/DIT and Crawford. We're all bound to end up somewhere :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mardybum

my friend just told me that he called into NCAD today, and they said that they were posting out the letters on Monday and Tuesday, so we should all know one way or another by thursday at the latest.

ARghhhhhh.

Advertisement