Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Artane/Beaumont

Options
  • 17-08-2008 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I am due to move into a rented house in the above area next month. What are people's general opinions of Artane? I sense it is one of the better Northside areas. I will be staying in this area far 6 months at least. opinions welcomed.

Artane? 8 votes

Good
    0% 0 votes
    Bad
    75% 6 votes
    At least its not Coolock!
    25% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Depends what you define a better area as. A chinese student was stabbed to death there a few yrs ago by some local scum. There are a few dodgy areas nearby but it is generally a quiet and mostly safe area. It's not castleknock or howth but it's fine for renting and close to hospital,dcu, city centre,dart, 24hr tesco,eastpoint etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Artane? It's not a better area, it's not a terrible area, just average.

Full of young families and children. You might think that's good, the place is like Baghdad around Hallowen. But I suppose so are many other areas.

Meh, it's ok and I rented there for a year and a half.

Edit: I like your poll, very witty

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

What part of artane/beaumont as it can be a very fine line between good and bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭barneyeile

The house in question is in the Ardmore/Montrose estate, not far from the school and church there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

barneyeile wrote: »
    The house in question is in the Ardmore/Montrose estate, not far from the school and church there.

Yeah thats a fairly decent/quiet part. Well located for transport and shopping too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mmma

Hi,

Im planning to move to ardmore/beaumont rd and id like to know how the area is.
    Can somebody help?

M

Advertisement