Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what did you accept? (2008) And poll: who's going where?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

DCU
    Piste wrote: »
    Yay it's nice to see that most of you are happy with what you got :)

Medicine is 585* in Trinity this year...oh dear God let it go down next year :(:(:(

I can say with my hand on my heart that im certain it will, infact, im fairly certain it might drop to 480 next year! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

UCD
    Law and Arts in NUIM. I'm so pleased, it was my number 1. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

timmywex wrote: »
    I can say with my hand on my heart that im certain it will, infact, im fairly certain it might drop to 480 next year! :cool:

Lol I really don't see it dropping below 550 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Yeah it does doesn't it? I'm hoping the new aptitude test will put some people at a disadvantage and perhaps bring down the points, but it looks to be very easy from the ULSTER sample paper I've seen so if the Irish one is anything along those lines I'd say the points wont drop significantly.

Though maybe people wont realise this and loads will just aim for 500 instead of 600 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

DCU
    Lol I really don't see it dropping below 550 tbh.

it's a new system next year every 5points over 550 is 1 point so 600 =560

then there is an aptitude test worth 300

the minimum amount of point you need is 480:)+aptitudewhich is up to 300

so in theory .someone who gets 480 could get place over 600 pointer

In theory, but I'd say most people will do very well in the aptitude test so it wont really level the playing field all that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

DCU
    In theory, but I'd say most people will do very well in the aptitude test so it wont really level the playing field all that much.
    We will see but I think there will be a difference
    Mr Crystal wrote: »
    Why did they decide it was necessary to implement the new system for getting into medicine?

Some people have an aptitiude for medcine

Mr Crystal wrote: »
    Why did they decide it was necessary to implement the new system for getting into medicine?

To try to level the playing field a bit, so that it wasn't just super-academic people that got places in medicine. There's an aptitude test that will test other abilities that aren't learned off.
    We will see but I think there will be a difference

I think there will be a slight difference, but nothing too significant. I think medicine will still be extremely high points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Physics with astronomy and space science in UCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 emilyc

UCD
    Ck1989 wrote: »
    Woo, Multimedia in NUIM!
    Same here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭nubineeprincess

Primary Teaching at St.Pats!!yay!!!!:D:D:D
    did my leaving 4 years ago....but only really realised what i wanted to do this Christmas so applied again through CAO - yay back to the student life!!!LOVE IT!!!woohoooo:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 WetSeal

DIT
    EPL.......DCU......anyone?????:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭dip

DCU
    Business & Law in UCD, w00t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

UCD
    The new History course in Maynooth.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

UCD
    Steoob wrote: »
    ya, had 2 languages, needed 2 HC3's and 4 passes, she got 3 HC3's and 3 passes...

She may have the subject requirement and the points but have missed out on it when they do that random selection thing when there's loads of people with enough points.

Edit: Arts in Maynooth anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

DIT
    Blixa is off to DCU, so he is.
    One day soon I'll be a journo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

DIT
    WetSeal wrote: »
    EPL.......DCU......anyone?????:(
    that was my 2nd choice. Looked good!
    I won't be there now tho, I'll be in the same building (I think) though :P

My cousin got 500 in the LC and the course she wanted was 510, she was offered it anyway. Could it be because she is dyslexic?

• Advertisement

DCU
    My cousin got 500 in the LC and the course she wanted was 510, she was offered it anyway. Could it be because she is dyslexic?

But there is no 1 in 500 ,ok that was a bad joke but I think there must be extra marks for that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

RCSI

Did she apply as part of the Access programme perhaps?

Nope, she had no idea why she was offered the course, she thought the CAO might have made a mistake but accepted it anyway.

DCU
    Nope, she had no idea why she was offered the course, she thought the CAO might have made a mistake but accepted it anyway.

SHe will find out sooner or later and she deserved it more as well

Do you think they'll tell her "hey you got more points cos you're dyslexic"

If I got 510 and didn't get a place I'd be raging :p

DCU
    Do you think they'll tell her "hey you got more points cos you're dyslexic"

If I got 510 and didn't get a place I'd be raging :p

But other people dont have to cope with a disability.It can cause all sorts of problems .She had to work that little bit harder to get that 510

I guess you could use that same logic for people with bad memories though, but having a bad memory isn't a recognised learning disability.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

RCSI
    She should complain :D Unacceptable! She must be chuffed.

Yeah I'd be so happy if that happened, I'd probably feel a little guilty too.

• Advertisement

DCU
    I guess you could use that same logic for people with bad memories though, but having a bad memory isn't a recognised learning disability.

Well I had a good few bad memories,I don't think it is as hard as having a disability.Just because someone acts like its easy doesnt mean it is

Advertisement