Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what did you accept? (2008) And poll: who's going where?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

CIT
    Im going to UCC commerce and French!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

DIT
    Piste wrote: »
    My cousin got 500 in the LC and the course she wanted was 510, she was offered it anyway. Could it be because she is dyslexic?
    Yeah they do make provision for recognised disabilities, but only with proof from doctors and that
    Do you think they'll tell her "hey you got more points cos you're dyslexic"

If I got 510 and didn't get a place I'd be raging :p
    It does come up on your CAO acceptance form that you got extra
    -And there are a set amount of places in every course for people with a disability, she wouldn't really affect a person who didn't have a disability through her acceptance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

UCD
    Do you think they'll tell her "hey you got more points cos you're dyslexic"

If I got 510 and didn't get a place I'd be raging :p

Why would you be though, it's entirely fair that she should be offered that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

NUIG
    Multimedia in CIT first choice...... im so happy!! :D

Ahh! Same as me :) Class!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Jakkass wrote: »
    Why would you be though, it's entirely fair that she should be offered that place.

Because I would feel that by getting higher points I would be more entitled to the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

UCD
    Because I would feel that by getting higher points I would be more entitled to the place.

Taking the fact that dyslexia is a learning difficulty into account, the CAO system obviously decided it would take the same amount of effort for her to get 500 points than someone else to get 510. They obviously had some reason to do that. Therefore I would conclude that she would be just as entitled to the place as someone who got 510.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rm_2008

CIT
    OMG 40 OF YE ARE GOIN TO TRINITY. GEEKS!!:eek::p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

RCSI
    rm_2008 wrote: »
    OMG 40 OF YE ARE GOIN TO TRINITY. GEEKS!!:eek::p

This is the internet, what did you expect?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

RCSI
    Jakkass wrote: »
    Taking the fact that dyslexia is a learning difficulty into account, the CAO system obviously decided it would take the same amount of effort for her to get 500 points than someone else to get 510. They obviously had some reason to do that. Therefore I would conclude that she would be just as entitled to the place as someone who got 510.
    Unless the learning disability was already taken into account and adjusted for during the marking/examination process, in which case it would be unfair. I don't know if that's the case, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

CIT
    Im a shy man myself and i know what it feels like when you first start to talk to new people..He maybe more reluctant at the beginning of the relationship to open up,like myself,HOWEVER when he openly insults you in front of his friends or doesnt defend you its mean and condescending.If its at the beginning of the relationship and hes shy its ok in my opinion as many are but when he insults you its not on when hes not making any attempt to better the relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

RCSI
    Wrong thread? o.O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

RCSI
    Lol, i'll have whatever he's having.:P

CIT
    LOL @ fol20

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The LC board is a goldmine of advice- for all issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

LIT
    So it appears, funny as hell though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

RCSI
    Fol20 wrote: »
    Im a shy man myself and i know what it feels like when you first start to talk to new people..He maybe more reluctant at the beginning of the relationship to open up,like myself,HOWEVER when he openly insults you in front of his friends or doesnt defend you its mean and condescending.If its at the beginning of the relationship and hes shy its ok in my opinion as many are but when he insults you its not on when hes not making any attempt to better the relationship.

Looking for this thread I'm guessing. Weiiiird crosspost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

RCSI

K thx xXx.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

RCSI

totally

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭HELLO132

I know this is the wrong thread i just need an answer today

This probably asked a million times but i got offered my 1st choice but i really want to do my 2nd choice instead is there anyway around this?

Can i reject this offer and hope an place becomes available on my second choice?:confused:

Please help i'd be very grateful ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

DCU
    nope.
    reaply next year now

• Advertisement

CIT
    HELLO132 wrote: »
    I know this is the wrong thread i just need an answer today

This probably asked a million times but i got offered my 1st choice but i really want to do my 2nd choice instead is there anyway around this?

Can i reject this offer and hope an place becomes available on my second choice?:confused:

Please help i'd be very grateful ;)

Im pretty sure this qualifies as spam seeing as you already have a thread on it......

*poinnts to answer in original thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

CIT
    me! wrote: »
    Arts with Music in UCC!!!! My first choice:):)!! I'm SO happy!!!! Yay:):):)

Cya there!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

RCSI
    English and History in Trinity...came down from last year!! 5 points make all the difference!!

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ellie77

RCSI
    Catikins wrote: »
    Marino Marino Marino, primary school teaching college.
    Your poor future children! :D
    ME TOO!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

Trinity
    Business & Management DIT, anyone?

Advertisement