Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail on Nokia 6300 (V'fone)

• 18-08-2008 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Downloaded the app but it doesn't seem to want to open the data in my inbox. I just get 0KB displaying. Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You need an isp access point (one will ALL PORTS OPEN). The vodafone live portal access point wont work.

I am not currently, not will i ever be a vodafone customer so i have no idea of the access point name.

EDIT: have a gander over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The strange thing is that it worked fine on my older Nokia model on Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Other thing to check is this needs direct access to the internet - can't go through a proxy. So check your settings and make sure you're not using a proxy to access the interweb. Not your gmail settings but your general phone internet settings. Changed this and it worked for me (on my Sony Ericsson K800i).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Other thing to check is this needs direct access to the internet - can't go through a proxy. So check your settings and make sure you're not using a proxy to access the interweb. Not your gmail settings but your general phone internet settings. Changed this and it worked for me (on my Sony Ericsson K800i).
    What is why I asked the op to check his access point.

Advertisement