Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your DIT's 2008/2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Name: Simon
    Year/Course: 228/2
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Most of them/Rugby/Guitar, drums, gaming
    How to notice: Usually wearing a hat, either falling asleep or pretending not to be asleep 5 minutes into an Algorithm Design lecture

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Name: Nick
    Year/Course: DT 228/2 (Deffered so not going to 3rd yet :()
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Was in redsoc, dunno if thats still going
    How to notice: Fecking around in the labs, drink diet coke or fanta orange mainly, most likely hungover, find programming very stressful :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Me like this setup.Can't wait for another DIT yr.

Name: I prefer to remain incognito
    Year/Course: Oh jesus no, couldn't tell ya that now.
    Age: 20 although feels like 18, oh no she's protesting..., she dosn't like that I'm on the internet at the same time, she's jealous cause I'm ambidextrous.
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Garda siochana/Their Clubs are big and Black and hurt like hell/Their Interests include fighting crime, Clubimg ambidextrity gifted lads cause there drunk and making prank phone calls.

I'll be the very handsome, confident, brilliant humble chap around the kevin street area that likes to make stupid unhelpful comments about real problems DIT boardsie's have.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭allybabe84

Name: Alison
    Year/Course: 1st Year/ DT203 forensic and environmental analysis
    Societies/Clubs/interests: none yet/ none yet/ too much time indoors playing Wii/PS3/DS - hopefully I'll get out more when I start college:)
    How to notice: Blonde girl with no sense of direction

Name: Niall
    Course/Year: DT203 Forensics and Environmental Science First year
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Dunno yet/Music, gigs, drinking, bit of COD4
    How to notice: I'll be the one not getting asked for ID in the pub!

I'll be starting DT203 first year too so see you there...

Plus I applied as a mature student so nice to see someone else doing the course who's a little older than the norm!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

Name: Jessica
    Course/Year: DT556
    Societies/Clubs/interests: none yet,but willing to join so any suggestions,throw dem my way:D
    How to notice: pretty tall....will be quiet at first...and more then likely lookin lost :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

allybabe84 wrote: »
    I'll be starting DT203 first year too so see you there...

Plus I applied as a mature student so nice to see someone else doing the course who's a little older than the norm!!
    Cool, see you on the 18th!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

Name: Caroline
    Course/Year: DT203 Forensic and Environmental Analysis
    Societies/Clubs: none at the moment:rolleyes:...hoping to join some music and gaming socs, plus i like badminton so probably will join that club too
    Interests: Music, guitar, computers, reading, tv...
    How to notice: you won't!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 diggy11

Name:dannyYear/Course:Biosciences DT 206 Age:18Societies/Clubs:non yetinterests: music rugby dance How to notice:lookin cool

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

whoo my first sticky thread that i didn't sticky myself.

*iz proud*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Cremo wrote: »
    whoo my first sticky thread that i didn't sticky myself.

*iz proud*

Great thread tbh Cremo.

Nice call on the sticky mele

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Lol Im still waiting for someone doing my course to post :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Name: S****a :p
    Year/Course: DT024/2 (2nd year structural engineering, which is actually the first year of the structural stream), formerly DT025/1 (last year, common entry to engineering level 8)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: No socs/clubs to speak of - can't be bothered. Go to the gym myself, like sailing competitively and am a member of the RDF.
    How to notice: Asking someone if their laptop is connecting to the wifi and then when they say yes, asking if they can make mine connect :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Name: S****a :p
    Year/Course: DT024/2 (2nd year structural engineering, which is actually the first year of the structural stream), formerly DT025/1 (last year, common entry to engineering level 8)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: No socs/clubs to speak of - can't be bothered. Go to the gym myself, like sailing competitively and am a member of the RDF.
    How to notice: Asking someone if their laptop is connecting to the wifi and then when they say yes, asking if they can make mine connect :P

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mikia

Name: Michaela (also known as Mikia)
    Year/Course: 1st year - Visual Communication (Mountjoy Square)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: No socs yet, but hopefully quite a few! Interests..music (cudn live witout it), film, drama, art, sport, photography, creative writting, reading etc.
    How to notice: I'm the girl with long hair, dreamy eyes, mind always wanderin weird ways. Girl who often talks too loud, laughs at random times. I'l b prob walkin around pretendin im not lost, wen i'l v no idea where im goin. If you'l c me in the morning i'l b the one who'l b desperatly lookin for a cup of coffee after spendin a whole night chattin with a group of friends or just random ppl tho i met while walkin home. I'm rear i know xD bit crazy! :D but lovable, at least dats wat i'v been told :P I love gettin involved, hate sittin on my ass doin nothing! Yeap dats about it...don't want to bore ya to much :P :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Tuireann

Name: Tuireann
    Year/Course: 1st Year Architectural Tech
    Societies/Clubs/interests: soccer, games, music, writing etc
    How to notice: emm will be quite tall, and look like i know exactly where i am going! but in reality i will be clueless!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nerdnoc90

tinz18 wrote: »
    Name: Caroline
    Course/Year: DT203 Forensic and Environmental Analysis
    Societies/Clubs: none at the moment:rolleyes:...hoping to join some music and gaming socs, plus i like badminton so probably will join that club too
    Interests: Music, guitar, computers, reading, tv...
    How to notice: you won't!:p

Yay!! Finally someone who isn't a mature student doin FEA!!... Not that I've anything against mature students... I'm not sexist or anything:) (Eh, I think I meant ageist!:D) Oh sorry I forgot... Let me introduce myself!

Name: Michael
    Course/Year: DT203/1 Forensic and Environmental Analysis
    Societies/Clubs: none at the moment I'll see when I get up there :)
    Interests: Wouldn't you like to know? ;):p ...
    How to notice: I'll prob look lost, kinda quiet, bit nerdy! :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Good thread

Name: Richie
    Year/Course: DT022/4 - Mech Eng Bolton St.
    Age: Fairly old..... any one remember site presidents ;)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Paintball Baby
    How to notice: Usually around the SU in Bolton St with some sort of Paintball T-shirt perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭jessie11

Tuireann wrote: »
    How to notice: emm will be quite tall, and look like i know exactly where i am going! but in reality i will be clueless!

i know you:D:D
    i swear im not a stalker;):rolleyes:

Yay!! Finally someone who isn't a mature student doin FEA!!... Not that I've anything against mature students... I'm not sexist or anything:) (Eh, I think I meant ageist!:D)

Damn I feel so old now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Name: Colm
    Year/Course: DT310 / Postgrad Accounting
    Societies/Clubs/interests: none as yet :p / TBC :rolleyes: / GAA, Football, Rugby, online poker, gym...........whatever else
    How to notice: hmmmmm...........it seems i'm gonna be like most of you, someone clueless, in a hurry to nowhere , wearing jeans and a huddie.......emmmmmm........I like cake.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Bambi16

Name: Siobhan(Sibhy)
    Year/Course: DT365, business & management
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Whatever tickles my fancy
    How to notice: Tall, em...loud, always trying to make a joke, eating club milks too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Tuireann wrote: »
    Ah T-Man, joining me on the excursion from Blesso :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

nerdnoc90 wrote: »
    Yay!! Finally someone who isn't a mature student doin FEA!!... Not that I've anything against mature students... I'm not sexist or anything:) (Eh, I think I meant ageist!:D) Oh sorry I forgot... Let me introduce myself!

Name: Michael
    Course/Year: DT203/1 Forensic and Environmental Analysis
    Societies/Clubs: none at the moment I'll see when I get up there :)
    Interests: Wouldn't you like to know? ;):p ...
    How to notice: I'll prob look lost, kinda quiet, bit nerdy! :);)

I was beginning to wonder myself if there was anyone my age...wouldn't have worried me either way...i guess i'll be seeing you on the 18th!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 andrewosdit

Name: Andy os
    Year/Course:Starting first year of DTOO1 product design
    Societies/Clubs/interests:bubkiss!
    How to notice:u'll prob notice me texting on my phone as u walk by,inadvertantly asking my sister were the hell to go!! if u see me help me out wont ya :).....oh and wit a very messy crop of hair that i claim to be a mo hawk!

anyone going into the same course of me drop me a line!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

nerdnoc90 wrote: »
    Bah! The cheek of kids nowadays! :p
    I was getting worried that there was no one else doing the course.Can't wait for the 18th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 xfirefishx

Name: Lou
    Year/Course: MA Journalism (Aungier Street)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: I'll see when I get down there. Hopefully there will be some interesting things!
    How to notice: I'll be the one going on and on and on and on about how expensive things are down south and saying things like... "Oh my God, this pencil/sandwich/book/dog would only cost the equivalent of 1c in Belfast". Which makes me sound really fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 roisin morocco

howdy!
    havent a clue at how to use this thing..ha!
    Media arts anyone??

Name: roisin
    Year/Course: Media Arts (Angier Street)
    Societire/Clubs/Intrests: LAZY ASS!
    How to notice:I'll be walking around trying to talk to anyone that seems to know where the hell im supposed to go!!:D:D:D..... AHHHHHHHHHH LOSSSST??
    and i look foreign..rar.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Coconutqueen

Name: Ally
    Year/Course: 1st Year/ DT557 International Businness Studies and Spanish
    Societies/Clubs/interests: None yet!:p
    How to notice: Short blonde hair, round freckle-y face, pale and often blushing for no reason. Will be seen wandering around aimlessly askin every 2nd or 3rd person how to get to where im supposed to be! :D

I havnt met anybody doin my course this year yet and none of my friends are going to dit. :( Have a big fear of having no one to talk to for four years. Im not an antisocial wierdo or anything, just jittery at the moment I suppose! Is there anybody out there starting dt557 this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Leane00

Name: Leanne
    Year/Course: DT556

Societies/Clubs/interests: no Societies or Clubs yet, like venturers nd headin out!
    How to notice: have a 'what thw hwll is goin on . . . ?' expression! lol

Advertisement