Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your DIT's 2008/2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nemothefish

So your in the Scouts?

Societies/Clubs/interests: no Societies or Clubs yet, like venturers nd headin out!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ditmature

Hey Guys,

I'm not a student, so can't fill in the form of course/etc that everyone else has (oops).

What I am, though, is DIT's new Mature Student Support Officer.

My name is Bob and I'm a former mature student myself (at another college in Dublin, sorry), so I've plenty of experience in the field. I've just started here in DIT (like, last Thursday), and I'm eager to get out there and meet any mature students that might be using the boards or attending any of the DIT campuses.

I can be found at 163-167 Lower Rathmines Road, behind the Music Conservatory, and you can get a hold of me through boards.ie, or at my office at (01) 402 7658. You can also drop me a line at ms.info@dit.ie.

I'll be making regular visits to all campuses around the city too, so if you can't get to Rathmines, I'll get to you instead. Watch this space!

Enough blether. If you're a mature student and have any questions / queries / hopes / fears / whatever regarding your course / fees / accommodation / finance / whatever, feel free to gimme a shout!

I'll be at the DIT Mature Student Induction Day on this Wednesday 10th of September in Cathal Brugha St. Campus (room 16, 9am), which is certainly worth attending.

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Bob!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shaunob

Name: Shaun
    Year/Course: First YEar Visual Communications
    Interests: Bass, Synth, Orange Juice, Salad, Marlboro Lights

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭allybabe84

ditmature wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I'm not a student, so can't fill in the form of course/etc that everyone else has (oops).

My name is Bob and I'm a former mature student myself (at another college in Dublin, sorry), so I've plenty of experience in the field. I've just started here in DIT (like, last Thursday), and I'm eager to get out there and meet any mature students that might be using the boards or attending any of the DIT campuses.

I can be found at 163-167 Lower Rathmines Road, behind the Music Conservatory, and you can get a hold of me through boards.ie, or at my office at (01) 402 7658. You can also drop me a line at ms.info@dit.ie.

I'll be making regular visits to all campuses around the city too, so if you can't get to Rathmines, I'll get to you instead. Watch this space!

Enough blether. If you're a mature student and have any questions / queries / hopes / fears / whatever regarding your course / fees / accommodation / finance / whatever, feel free to gimme a shout!

I'll be at the DIT Mature Student Induction Day on this Wednesday 10th of September in Cathal Brugha St. Campus (room 16, 9am), which is certainly worth attending.

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Bob!
    Hi, I'm planning to go to the Mature Student talk on Wednesday, will I need to bring anything in with me or just myself?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ditmature wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Bob!

great yo have ya onboard bob

• Advertisement

allybabe84 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm planning to go to the Mature Student talk on Wednesday, will I need to bring anything in with me or just myself?!

I'd say it might be an idea to bring a notepad and pen, but otherwise just bring yourself! Lunch and coffee and whatnot will be provided.

See ya there :P

great yo have ya onboard bob

Cheers dude, you'll most likely see me at the Clubs & Socs Festival manning the Mature Students Soc desk...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Yazz

Name: Yasmin
    Year/Course: 1st Year/DT565 - Business and Chinese
    Societies/Clubs/interests: None yet

anyone doing the same course??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Yazz wrote: »
    Name: Yasmin
    Year/Course: 1st Year/DT565 - Business and Chinese
    Societies/Clubs/interests: None yet

anyone doing the same course??
    A friend of mine started that course last year, he seems to enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Flinter08/09

Hey all,

Whats the criac, my names Tracey Flinter and I'm an elected officer here in DIT Students Union! We run all the events and what not within DIT and also look after any academic or student life questions!!

First piece of advice I can give you is get involved! I spent 4 years in Cathal Burgha St (go on the Brugha) and by getting involved in Clubs, Socs and the Students Union I got to know people from every site and got plenty of freebies too! :rolleyes:

For the total college experience you have to join some sort of club or org its worth every minute!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Hi Tracey, I was wondering if you'd take a look at the Gig Soc thread on this forum?

Any advice would be much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Gareth-W-A

Name: Gareth Walker-Ayers
    Year/Course: 1st year DT501 Bmus
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Music, rugby...anything with a bit of fun
    How to notice: Large and loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Name: Lu
    Year/Course: DT008 electronics and communications engineering
    Interests: drinkin and shopping
    How to notice: Walking around lost and half asleep and most likely a hour late to every lecture

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

Name: Trevor
    Year/Course: DT228/1 (Only Starting)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Computers/Gaming/American Football
    How to notice: Ill most likely look lost or out of place. And you will probably find me at Leo Burdocks at break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Vikdrops

Name: Vikki
    Year/Course: DT104 First Year (seriously is anyone doing this??)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: No Soc yet, definitley will be in a good few!
    How to notice: Looking very lost, trying to fit in!!:o

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Name: Shane
    Year/Course: DT365/3
    Societies/Clubs/interests: RED Club, Surf Soc, Comedy Soc, Sports, Music etc!
    How to notice: Trying to rehydrate with 3 bottles of lucozade after a big night! or outside aungier st smoking

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

Name: Gavin
    Course: DT028 Transport Operations & Technology
    Socs:None but Karting and paintball straight away!
    Interests: Golf, Cars, Motorsports
    How to notice: Probably with a car magazine in hand, with a hoody of some sort on trying to find my way round while not knowing anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 E1

Name: Elaine
    Year/Course: DT571 1st year/ Social Care.
    Societies/Clubs: Nothin yet
    Interests: Food, wine (Actually all kinds of alcohol) Gym to work off all the food and alcohol.
    How to notice, Short, blonde looking for food and alcohol.

And did I say I was doing social care. I'm well qualified as I'm sure you can tell. Looking forward to lots of free lollipops...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rob-bob

Name: Rob
    Year/Course: DT001 Product Design
    Societies/Clubs: Don't get me started
    Interests: Sport sport, havin a right ol larf.
    How to notice: Probably telling jokes to mask an irrational fear of the incontinent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 The-Artstar

Name: Ewen
    Year/Course: DT557/1
    Societies/Clubs/interests: The one with the beautiful people.
    How to notice: I bought a really colourful bag that I thought was funky. It's actually sorta girly...LOL. Oh and really tall.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Feck it, I might aswell do this...

Name: Richard
    Year/Course: DT008/3
    Societies/Clubs: None
    How to notice: You won't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

E1 wrote: »
    Name: Elaine
    Year/Course: DT571 1st year/ Social Care.
    Societies/Clubs: Nothin yet
    Interests: Food, wine (Actually all kinds of alcohol) Gym to work off all the food and alcohol.
    How to notice, Short, blonde looking for food and alcohol.

And did I say I was doing social care. I'm well qualified as I'm sure you can tell. Looking forward to lots of free lollipops...

Yay! Finally, someone doing my course!

*waves*

I'll see you tomorrow! Or rather, you'll see me because my pic is up and yours isn't. Come say hey! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭davedrave

Name: Trevor
    Year/Course: DT228/1 (Only Starting)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Computers/Gaming/American Football
    How to notice: Ill most likely look lost or out of place. And you will probably find me at Leo Burdocks at break

I'm starting too, theres a Leo Burdocks near kevin street??!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well it's about 5 minute walk from kevin street, it's up at christ church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 panboy

Name: Adam
    Year/Course: DD228 2 >.> I hope XD
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Gamesoc, Netsoc
    How to notice: Tiny guy, much Hair , not quite sane

Mostly Seen wandering round with gamesoc Groupies.

Play many many games
    Live on hte internet , have only recently Looked at boards .. this place scares me .. full of tree huggen hippys everywhere o.o

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Name: Lu
    Year/Course: DT008 electronics and communications engineering
    Interests: drinkin and shopping
    How to notice: Walking around lost and half asleep and most likely a hour late to every lecture
    Max_Damage wrote: »
    Feck it, I might aswell do this...

Name: Richard
    Societies/Clubs: None
    How to notice: You won't...

Wow so you guys do know how to use a computer :P

Name: Artur
    Societies/Clubs: Trying to join Swiming & Canoeing
    Interests: Guitar, Languages, Travel, Geek topics except games
    How to notice: Constantly talking about DSP, because I never knew it existed before last week and I wish I still didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Name: Dave
    Year/Course: DT/310 (i see i'm not the only one...)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: GigSoc/music (bass/guitar/drums/gigging/etc), travel, birra boozin', having a good time however that may be.
    How to notice: I have facial hair.

pic

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nemothefish

DaSilva wrote: »
    Wow so you guys do know how to use a computer :P

Name: Artur
    Societies/Clubs: Trying to join Swiming & Canoeing
    Interests: Guitar, Languages, Travel, Geek topics except games
    How to notice: Constantly talking about DSP, because I never knew it existed before last week and I wish I still didn't

Conrats you have survived Berwicks VHDL .... LOL and now you have Tobin back to f**k with your minds.... I want to be back in DT008 I will be graduating this year....Is it clear to you now how much little O'Driscoll actualy does.. expect tech how to produce reports...

Good luck with the year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Conrats you have survived Berwicks VHDL

I didn't. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Vikdrops wrote: »
    [DT104 First Year (seriously is anyone doing this??)

I tell you why, because the world is on the brink of collapse, the mortgage system will totally disintegrate and everyone will start fighting for a space in the nearest caravan or bus. That's why nobody's doing your course and generally goes for courses like boatbuilding, roadkill management&valuation and Bear Grylls Institute.

Meanwhile, the banks will repossess most of the population's houses and will stockpile them with weapons to sell off to Hugo Chavez.

Ha, I tend to hang around your area in DIT Bolton Street. You may see me in one of your courses' computer labs.

Advertisement