Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation for Student in Gti galway

Options
  • 18-08-2008 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I am going to gti this year, where is the best place for accommodation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

I got a house in Terryland the other day, its like 15 minutes from Gti, but that won't help you really cause we've no rooms available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

The past few years have been absolutely manic for new students trying to get accomodation. The Galway Advertiser has the biggest & best list of rentals. The paper comes out on Thurs. but you can pick up the accomodation list at 2pm on the weds from their office on eyre square for a small fee (1 or 2 euro). This time of year there can be a queue of 100 - 200 metres of people for this list, so u need to be very quick. I queued 2 years ago - there were approx 100 people in front of me, I got the list and the first 20 places I called were all gone. I didn't find the accomodation agencies much use - they all said they would call back but never did. A lot of the auctioneers have places for rent but will only rent a house or apt, not a room. For GTI, any place in the city centre, father griffin road / whitestrand area would be best.
    Best of luck and don't forget ur umbrella :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 UpsideDown Face

oh really well there are 2 possible 3 of us anyway,
    was in galway today, completly insane trying to find something though

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

dilallio wrote: »
    ... you can pick up the accomodation list at 2pm on the weds from their office on eyre square for a small fee (1 or 2 euro)

Or it's on-line at the same time, for free.

... 2 years ago - there were approx 100 people in front of me, I got the list and the first 20 places I called were all gone.

Here's a hint: Most people start at the top of the list. A few start at the bottom. So - where in the list will YOU start???

• Advertisement

JustMary wrote: »
    Or it's on-line at the same time, for free.

Almost - 2pm from their office, 3.30pm online. At least you don't have to wait till thurs. anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LisaMarieXxX

What about salthill? I also heard this was good and close by, any truth in this?

Also looking for somewhere close to GTI this year!

What about salthill? I also heard this was good and close by, any truth in this?

Also looking for somewhere close to GTI this year!

Yes - Salthill is only 1km away. There's an estate called Ocean Wave between GTI & Salthill which would be fairly close - often see rooms for rent there and it's fairly modern - check it out on Google Maps and take a look.

Yes - Salthill is only 1km away. There's an estate called Ocean Wave between GTI & Salthill which would be fairly close - often see rooms for rent there and it's fairly modern - check it out on Google Maps and take a look.

Great, thanks for the fast reply as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Don't forget to try daft.ie but I get the feeling they are quiet these days trying to avoid student tenents! Good luck in your search, went thru it myself a few weeks back and it isn't fun:(

• Advertisement

Thanks! I'm not sure daft will be of much use because I'm just one person looking for a room somewhere, but I really appreciate the input! I also get the same feeling.. they're doing their best to avoid us :P but thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

In that case daft might help then,they have a section callled sharing where ppl advertise a spare room or whatever and say what sort of housemate they are looking for..check it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Brian j Nolan

the best place to stay is in the river side apparments.195 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This thread is from Aug 2008. Bit too old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement