Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And the parents reactions are!!!

Options
  • 18-08-2008 6:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

My parents can't comprehend that i got all the points i need to do Arts in UCC and more but not the C1 i wanted for french so i'm going to have to SHAME repeat french!! they're in poland and i've gotten 3 calls with them ranging from "you can repeat in bruce college !!" to "cant u do sociology instead" tot he COMPLETE ambiguouity of "look at your options and think about it!!!!"

=] joys! but i keep on reminding them that my brother, their son went to college doing something he didn't want to do and dropped out! which keeps them quiete for 5 seconds.....

I'm sure ye're parents are more understanding :P !
    but oh well no one's up at this hour to vent to

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Sorry to hear about that. Are you getting French rechecked?

What happens if you get it rechecked and get the grade you need? Can you then get your course or is it too late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

Mine were:

1. Angry for being woken up:mad:

THEN

2. Happy since I got my 1st pref:D

And Now

3.Sleepy:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Em_2008

nycman wrote: »
    Mine were:

1. Angry for being woken up:mad:

THEN

2. Happy since I got my 1st pref:D

And Now

3.Sleepy:p

+1 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

The Walsho wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that. Are you getting French rechecked?

What happens if you get it rechecked and get the grade you need? Can you then get your course or is it too late?
    wont be able to get my course ! :( results dont come out till october, but i kinda dont want to get it rechecked cause like if i spend the whole year studying french i'll be amazing for ucc ! :)
    NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    EXACTLY!!!! i've the inter-rail and a frikkin trip to japan planned for this year ! :)

• Advertisement

Nope, you can get the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Well I knew last night because of the Times but my mam's alarm clock woke me up this morning at about 6.15 so I took out the laptop then just to make sure I got my course!

Then when I heard my parents get up, I went downstairs to accept the offer with them which was nice. My mother got quite emotional though which was strange considering this is her 6th child going through this process!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ventura

It depends. I had to wait a year after i was upgraded last year[sigh :(]. Only starting college now. Pitty me.... I know people who got in after rechecks so it depends on the college or particular course id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

CoolCiaran wrote: »
    Well I knew last night because of the Times but my mam's alarm clock woke me up this morning at about 6.15 so I took out the laptop then just to make sure I got my course!

Then when I heard my parents get up, I went downstairs to accept the offer with them which was nice. My mother got quite emotional though which was strange considering this is her 6th child going through this process!
    Lol I was the same as you last night with the Irish Times but I just had to get up at 6 to make sure. We're doing the same course too.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Got my actuarial course in ucd.. all i got from parents is "good for you, when is the bill comming?" :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Haven't told them :pac:
    Think they were more excited over results and they knew I would get my first choice so they didn't care lol:D
    I'm still pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I didn't wake mine up yet...I've only been up 20 mins myself. Got bored waiting ofr the post so I came online instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I sauntered into the living room and told my mam that I got BESS.

"BEST?"

"BESS, mam."

"Oh right."

"Otherwise known as my first choice for college, ya know?"

"Congratulations!"

Bitch can make me a fry-up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I sauntered into the living room and told my mam that I got BESS.

"BEST?"

"BESS, mam."

"Oh right."

"Otherwise known as my first choice for college, ya know?"

"Congratulations!"

Bitch can make me a fry-up for that.

My parents don't even know what I am doing:pac:

Can't complain,they are paying for first year accomodation on monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Yuugib wrote: »
    Got my actuarial course in ucd.. all i got from parents is "good for you, when is the bill comming?" :o
    2-3 days. 1,050 yoyos ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Mammy is just delighted that I won't be leaving home.

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    2-3 days. 1,050 yoyos ;)

I think its going to be 4950 yoyos for me though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

Gratz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Ahh - accommodation. Well it's a good course. Especially if you like statistics. Any questions just pop over to the UCD forum ;)

I soo soo wish it was accomondation! Unfortunately its eu fees for me .. argh!
    Hopefully i ll be joining you still in a while :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Got a handshake from the aul fella before he went off to work this morning and then a lovely fry-up from the mammy for my 4pm breakfast today:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

My mother said "All the money I spent on your education and what do you have to shwo for it?! nothin!"
    So yaaa... Funny thing is, I went to a free school....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭melboix

Relief.

I've spent the last few months trying to decide whether I'd stay in Galway or go to Scotland. I literally just decided there that I'd stay and do Arts in NUIG.

This means they won't be financially fkd this school year, so I suspect they're rather happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I soo soo wish it was accomondation! Unfortunately its eu fees for me .. argh!
    Hopefully i ll be joining you still in a while :D

Aw that sucks :(
    I've a friend from the Philippines who's probably the smartest person I know and she has to pay fees, even though she's been in Ireland for 3 years.

aw geez :( dont you just hate when it happens :(
    I ve been here for 7y now... still no way aroung the system :(

Best of luck to your friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I got my course in Physiotherapy and knew I got it and told them that and their first reaction was "Imagine what you would have got if you had studied" Thanks parents. You always put a positive spin on it :D

Advertisement