Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat tree in Aldi

Options
  • 18-08-2008 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Got a brilliant 'cat tree' - cat scratching post combined with a hoodie and furry platforms for playing - in Aldi for €30 and the cat loves it.

I'd looked at a version of this in a pet shop, and in fact bought it, but it fell to pieces as I put it in the car and I brought it back and got my money back.

The big ones, the kind Aldi has, were around €100, so I left them there.

But the Aldi one is good: well made and solid.

At first the puss ignored it, but when I was playing with a laser pointer with her, I let her chase it up to the cat tree and she found her claws stropping it. She stopped, looked surprised and tried again. Aha!

Aha! for me too - maybe this will keep her claws off the Persian carpet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Did you just get it today/yesterday Luckat? I must get one too! Will head over to Aldi at lunchtime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Got it on the weekend. It's in a box about 18" square, and you have to put it together - pretty simple except for the top platform, which only has an internal nut on one of the holes (the one that takes the furry cylinder, not the one that attaches to the upright stringy yoke).

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_6681.htm

While you're there, try out the frozen crown of lamb and the lamb shanks in rosemary and mint sauce (if you're not a veggie). Mmm.

:D Hee hee - just got my cat tree - for 19.99! Don't know if he undercharged me or I bought a cheaper version - they all seemed the same on the shelves.

Now just the old assembly fun this evening!

Thanks for the tip Luckat!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭christinadublin

Bought a cat tree from Aldi about a year ago and my cat/kitten loved it. But he soon outgrew it and kept tipping over on him. It was such a shame. Ill pop down later and have a look at them.
    Thanks for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

make a cat tree, probably cost you the same amount in euro but you'll get to invest blood sweat and tears :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

make a cat tree, probably cost you the same amount in euro but you'll get to invest blood sweat and tears :)

I have an abundance of trees in my back and front garden, my little cat is free to come and go through doors and windows when i am at home, however, after four years, the little muppet still preferes to claw at my carpets!!! must be a female thing, strong minded like her owner :)

Milly went nuts at the picture of the cat on the box when I brought it in last night. :D Bushy tail, raised back - the works!

Never realised cats took in 2 dimensional pictures before!

Advertisement