Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car?

Options
  • 18-08-2008 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I'm thinking of changing my car. Now before I wasn't doing that many miles but now I'm doing 550 to 800 miles a week and need something that would be economical and reliable. Would appreciate any advice on this as I don't know where to start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,908 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

what is your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Bugatti imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'm thinking of changing my car. Now before I wasn't doing that many miles but now I'm doing 550 to 800 miles a week and need something that would be economical and reliable. Would appreciate any advice on this as I don't know where to start.

I drive a 01 Passat. Its a 1.9Tdi. You'd get one for about 6k atm.
    It does 600+ miles to a 60 litre tank. She's big, powerful and very comfortable.

The Octavia, A4 and I think Toledo are the same car under the bonnet, they only differ in looks and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Richie860504

About probably 15000 euro but as I'm living up north could pay also pay that amount in sterling. Just want to know what type of car would be best for this type of driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

for 15k you could move up the years in the cars I mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

With doing that kind of mileage a week you would want something comfortable both to sit in and drive. If you can stomach the high road tax then maybe a used 530d or E270 CDI auto might be worth looking at.

If you want something newer then maybe a Volvo diesel, possibly the S40 2.0d or an S60 D5? Volvos have very comfortable seats which is important if you are in the car alot.

Advertisement