Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front door lock, where to get replacment?

Options
  • 18-08-2008 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi guys,

We have a brass strip running down the inside of our front door. We have to pull the handle up so that we can turn the key to lock. This strip is not working and we need a replacement, i checked woodies but they dont have any. Does anyone know where we could buy a new strip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 AlonsoX

Is it a wooden or pvc door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 sparkle1

Its wooden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hi Sparkle, have you tried lubricating it?

Ours jammed a while back but we got some spray lubricant and it works perfectly again now. You need to spray it into the areas around each bolt.

PM me if you want to borrow the can I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Mine almost died, was always troublesome, but one day almost gave up, so we rang Munster Joinery (who made the doors and locks in Charlesland Park) and they directed us into town to pick a new one up - they gave it to us free of charge as they said they were guaranteed for 2 years - I reckon worth doing and getting yours fixed properly, just will have to install yourself though - kept my poor dad busy for a whole, but didn't take too long - most of the effort was in driving into Ballymount to pick it up (VERY hard to find)!!! :confused:

Advertisement