Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers Wellington? Sat 30th Aug - 7pm - The Tasting Room

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

watna wrote: »
    Yay.. another boardsie! Congrats on the job :D

Just confirming this is still on tomorrow at 7? I'm right around the corner in Base Hostel so would take me around 2 secs to get there!

Not sure if there is any left but if you text Tasting to 393 (20p a text) you get two free pints of Monteiths larger free in the Tasting room (its on in a couple of other pubs too). Was meant to post this earlier but hadn't the time - so Paul if your coming theres a free pint for ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Yep, this is still on. I'm confirming %100 now.

I will see you in the tasting room at 7pm with a bag of pineapple lumps in front of me. Hope that'll be enough to find each other! :)

EDIT: My OH will be with me at 7 and is then leaving for drinks elsewhere after people arrive - so look for a table with two people and the lumps!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Confirming my presence as well now.

Just spent an hour driving round Wellington getting lost trying to find a motel, but in my getting lost I passed by the Tasting Room so do at least know where to go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Don't forget the carnation milk. :D

robinph wrote: »
    Confirming my presence as well now.

Just spent an hour driving round Wellington getting lost trying to find a motel, but in my getting lost I passed by the Tasting Room so do at least know where to go now.

Excellent!
    smashey wrote: »
    Don't forget the carnation milk. :D

I was wondering when one of you guys would be by to say that!

I looked in the supermarket, they don't seem to have carnation milk in NZ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

How did this go? Sorry didnt make it out of Brooklyn in the end :)

pclancy wrote: »
    How did this go? Sorry didnt make it out of Brooklyn in the end :)

Twas a good night. We all left about 11pm. I went on to the housewarming and things got a bit messy! We'll have another one in the future anyway. Once we collect some more Wellington boardsies!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Right so, Pics of the evenin anywhere?

Right so, Pics of the evenin anywhere?

I have one pic of the pineapple lumps and a tin of condensed milk. After that the camera was put away!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

surely ye took a Group photo, for Posterity and the like

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Proof that there were actually Pinapple Lumps ( still not convinced that there was any pineapple in them ) and condensed milk present:
    2821892223_020c07b984.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

the tasting room - first place I got pissed in Welli. They do a poor fish 'n' chips. But they have monteith's on tap, all of them, which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yeah its a nice range of beers isnt it. ****ed up hangovers from mixing them all on the same night though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

monteiths does give you a series hangover, that's the only gripe i have with it

Have to say that I've not been having big issues with any of the Kiwi beers so far, well except for what I think was called Raddlers, but that was just wrong in so many ways. It took a good few vistis to various bars before I had to have the same pint more than once as there is a great selection to choose from which is something that Ireland is seriously lacking.

Advertisement