Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats & Welcome newbs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Ekels wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if it's difficult for three 1st year males to be put into the same house in Killmurray? We applied in February and put down one another's names.

I'd say get together with the other 2 and have a conference call with the Village Manager who should be able to sort you. Not sure if there's 6 bed houses in Kilmurry though?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

ninty9er wrote: »
    I'd say get together with the other 2 and have a conference call with the Village Manager who should be able to sort you. Not sure if there's 6 bed houses in Kilmurry though?

Kilmurry is 6-8 beds (depending on which house) to the best of my knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

ninty9er wrote: »

Cheers, man. I'll ring her tomorrow and plead my case. Couldn't stand being put in with a group of randomers, I don't care what anyone says about making friends etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Davey should be able to sort ya out, I know last year there were 3 of us down together and only 2 of us ended up in the same house so we bitched enough about it to him and he swoped the other lad in.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

cson wrote: »
    Davey should be able to sort ya out, I know last year there were 3 of us down together and only 2 of us ended up in the same house so we bitched enough about it to him and he swoped the other lad in.
    Good to hear it's not written in stone anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 *Sully*

I just accepted European Studies so UL here I come :D

Think im going to dromroe, im kind of worried now coz now I hear its hard to meet other 1st years there :confused:
    It was the ensuite bathrooms that lured me!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*Sully* wrote: »

Think im going to dromroe, im kind of worried now coz now I hear its hard to meet other 1st years there :confused:
    You'll meet folks thru clubs & socs, your class and basically pissing about in the college bars :)

Maek sure y'all make the beers in Week1!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

*Sully* wrote: »

I would have thought Dromroe would be the place for all the first years as students only learn after staying there that they should move to external college accommodation.

Jesus, I'd have thought the opposite, its sooo close to everywhere on Campus... I'm daydreaming here at the thought of getting up at 8.57 for a 9am lec in the foundation building and still making it.:pac:

Dromroe starts out brilliantly and has its advantages but my best years in college were those spent off-campus.

If I could do it again, I'd pick 14 Harvard for the four years!

• Advertisement

All I could do was laugh... most of the time. Then the tears came...

Otacon wrote: »
    All I could do was laugh... most of the time. Then the tears came...
    We know.

She told us you cried :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

kaimera wrote: »
    We know.

She told us you cried :pac:

Thats not all she told us.....2 leaves

Shame on you all. You never attack a mans castle during queen time.

Unless its to get pics.

Queen Time was reserved for when Peteee needed a time-out.

To this day, I wonder if kai ever hid in my closet when the laydeez were over...

Queen Time was reserved for when Peteee needed a time-out.

To this day, I wonder if kai ever hid in my closet when the laydeez were over...
    No.

I just sniffed the couch after... -.-

You do remember that I was on the bottom for that incident yeah? Course you do, stud!

You do remember that I was on the bottom for that incident yeah? Course you do, stud!
    Only took 60.seconds for ya to jump at the obvious funneh.

hook.line.sinker.

:pac:

kaimera wrote: »

Looks like ye had a good week 0 that year:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 moonbeam9999

U L here I come,Business and French, anyone else out there doing the same course,I am also confused about fees, is it orientation week we pay or week commencing the 8th,must we register online first or what????
    would appreciate any advice.

Gotta pay fees in orientation.

Yer guide [pray it aint 99-R :pac: ] will bring ya around and into EGO10 [idinit?] for processing :)

You pay the reg fee BEFORE you come to UL. You then keep the slip from the bank to prove it's paid and bring it with you to college.

you will NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER without this slip.

For subsequent years you can pay online using the student records system, but AFAIK there's no way for newbs to do this. Module registration takes place in Week 1 (8th September) and must be completed by the Friday of that week or fines will become payable.

I'm not guiding groups.....ich bin ein Seniorguide:P:P

Thanks alot u guys, thats a great help,us poor freshers,if anyone out there has first year books for sale(bus and fren.) wud luv to hear from u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

There should be a Bank Giro form in the orientation pack you get from UL. Head to the bank with this and pay there. As ninty9er said you keep the receipt and bring it with you on your first day and when you're being led around EGO10 someone will take it off you to show you've paid your fees for the year.

They sort out most of the stuff on the first day e.g. you'll get your ID card and your computer account sorted out (remember to change your password because if you don't it remains the same as your ID number). You'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't do this including Comp Sys folk who should really know better.

Best of luck with your course and enjoy your time in UL.

rmacm wrote: »

They sort out most of the stuff on the first second day e.g. you'll get your ID card and your computer account sorted out (remember to change your password because if you don't it remains the same as your ID number). You'd be surprised at the amount of people who don't do this including Comp Sys folk who should really know better.

The Gestapo, sorry SS have come to know this problem and the default password is now date of birth, which they didn't tell guides last year, which caused mass confusion in the Library.:rolleyes:

I really appreciate all the help and advice,nice one Mossin,oh and im staying in plassey,and luv the Blizzards,gud choice for first week in ul.
    anyone know how many hours my course will be?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

The course usually has 6 modules.
    So that's 2 lectures and a tutorial for each mosule, maybe more for French.
    In total, there is usually no more than 20 hours for BBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

nice one Mossin,

I'm sure he'll give you the chance to thank him in person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Oh were supposed to pay the reg fee before we go to UL? I thought we had to wait till we started.

Advertisement