Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats & Welcome newbs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

onesocks wrote: »
    500 students in 2-3 modules never a chance of being pulled out for a question... unless John Heneghan is still around, don't ever step out of line with that man, he can make you feel -> <- small :)

John "The Sherrif" Heneghan is most def still around. Auditing and Accounting Practices last semester I was landed with more than one on the spot questions. That was in a class of about 200 or so, so the oods aren't too bad all the same!

(Yeehaw!)

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

For orientation week, are there any days that are really essential to attend, or is it very loose and you need only be there for one of two days?

Please help! There's no timetable on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

Ekels wrote: »
    For orientation week, are there any days that are really essential to attend, or is it very loose and you need only be there for one of two days?

Please help! There's no timetable on the site.

It is absolutely essential to attend Day One of your Orientation Programme in order to enrol,register,get timetables etc. The second day is not essential but its part of the college experience and is worth checking in on at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

toushea wrote: »
    It is absolutely essential to attend Day One of your Orientation Programme in order to enrol,register,get timetables etc. The second day is not essential but its part of the college experience and is worth checking in on at least

I wouldn't say that...they're both essential. Orientation has always been two days; they've just rejigged it a bit this year to make day 2 more fun. Seriously though, it'll be good craic - you'll be guaranteed to meet people and get to know a few faces. It's all stuffy form-filling on day 1; day 2 is what college is really about!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

I wouldn't say that...they're both essential. Orientation has always been two days; they've just rejigged it a bit this year to make day 2 more fun. Seriously though, it'll be good craic - you'll be guaranteed to meet people and get to know a few faces. It's all stuffy form-filling on day 1; day 2 is what college is really about!
    I would agree with bluedolphin that both are essential days .I was merely speaking from a technical point of view i.e. the paperwork etc should all be completed on day 1 of orientation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

sucks for me though. I have my Debs on tuesday (who the hell chose that day!!!) and then i have to be at UL the next morning for orientation.

Nevermind a hangover, im still going to be drunk!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

sucks for me though. I have my Debs on tuesday (who the hell chose that day!!!) and then i have to be at UL the next morning for orientation.

Nevermind a hangover, im still going to be drunk!!!

Thats great craic! Last year we went out tuesday night, didn't get into the house til 4am and then proceeded to drink for another 3 hrs, went to bed for 2, got up at 9ish, finished off the last few cans and went orienteering the college with our guide dog Caitriona, still absolutely scuttered. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

cson wrote: »
    Thats great craic! Last year we went out tuesday night, didn't get into the house til 4am and then proceeded to drink for another 3 hrs, went to bed for 2, got up at 9ish, finished off the last few cans and went orienteering the college with our guide dog Caitriona, still absolutely scuttered. Good times.

Now, now; my guides were the model of efficiency and prettifulness given the level of hangover some of them (including me) had!!

Ah yeah i know, I'm messing.

I'd have given her one alright. You know, for shits and gigles like. :pac:

Ah yeah i know, I'm messing.

I'd have given her one alright. You know, for shits and gigles like. :pac:

Will you be among my flock this year?

• Advertisement

Oh I'll be "among" them alright.

Just not in the sense you're thinking. :D

Oh I'll be "among" them alright.

Just not in the sense you're thinking. :D

Either you're a perverted young lad (most likely) or I have a very dirty mind (also quite likely).:pac:

I'd say both tbh.

Anyway, they youngest they'll be is 17, I'm 19, so 19/2 = 9.5 + 7 = 16.5.

Its all good in the hood as they'd say in Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Heading up Tuesday, so much to bring up. And pay for. And good lord I am far too stressed.
    Darn accommodation, so expensive, wish I could switch to Dromroe or something (Capnavilla was the only one they had when I applied in February).
    Can't wait to sign up for some clubs/societies...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I'd say both tbh.

Anyway, they youngest they'll be is 17, I'm 19, so 19/2 = 9.5 + 7 = 16.5.

Its all good in the hood as they'd say in Leitrim.
    Some crazy way of finding out the youngest age you can go after???

1huge1 wrote: »
    Some crazy way of finding out the youngest age you can go after???

Half your age plus 7 has always been a general rule;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 a2dg

hey was just wondering if there are aerial points in the bedrroms in cappavilla, i know there is in the main living area but not sure bout the bedrooms , i know dromroe doesn't. anybody know?

p.s half ur age plus seven sound just right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 MIM-104

I've just moved into cappavilla and my room doesnt have a tv socket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jkeire

There could be one under the desk mine has one. have to say I'm loving it here already!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 moonbeam9999

what time do we have to be in college for registration?I may or may not stay monday nite,:D

• Advertisement

Anyone here know if the photo soc is any good? Had a look at the website and it seems a bit antiquated.Also what's the mountain bike club and outdoor pursuits club like? Had a look at the sites and it seems both clubs outings clash.They're all on Sundays for some reason :mad: I'm going to have to choose between them.

By the way has anyone here done Computer Systems?Any tips on how to be one of the surviving 25%?

Anyone here know if the photo soc is any good? Had a look at the website and it seems a bit antiquated.Also what's the mountain bike club and outdoor pursuits club like? Had a look at the sites and it seems both clubs outings clash.They're all on Sundays for some reason :mad: I'm going to have to choose between them.

Photo Soc is a small society but a good one. They provide photography for a lot of other clusb and socs events and RAG week etc....Clubs and socs recruitment is on Wednesday week from 6 to 9 in the Arena.

OPC is very popular, MBUL less so but with a more regular following. OPC tends to get a lot of drifters along with the long haulers.

what time do we have to be in college for registration?I may or may not stay monday nite,:D

I think you'll have to be in the Concert Hall for 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

What are the chances that I'll be in an apartment with one of you lot in Cappavilla?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I'm pretty sure I enrol Wednesday morning, at 9, like ninty9er said.
    I'm not sure if it's different for different courses, or if it's just the rest of the day's schedule that is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

It's different for different courses. A schedule should have been included in the information pack us n00bs got off U.L. :)

Depending on your course you'll be enrolling on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I'll have more info tomorrow evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 moonbeam9999

ninty9er wrote: »
    Depending on your course you'll be enrolling on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I'll have more info tomorrow evening.

can I just say that you are such a help to everyone,good on you.:P

can I just say that you are such a help to everyone,good on you.:P

No probs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

The Humanities courses are registering on Thursday.
    I believe the Engineering ones are on Wednesday.

Advertisement