Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats & Welcome newbs

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 elleA

*Sully* wrote: »
    I just accepted European Studies so UL here I come :D

Congrats! That's my lovely course. I have some first year notes if you need them... and the sociology books. My main advice having just completed 1st year European Studies would be to make yourself familiar with the Language Resource Area... http://www.ul.ie/~lcs/languageresourcearea/
    Located in the Main Building - A1-077. I found it very helpful! Also, the language departments organise meet up sessions for anyone studying a language to practice conversational language. There are always some native speakers at these gatherings so it's very beneficial as well as being a cool way of getting to know people.

*Sully* wrote: »
    Think im going to dromroe, im kind of worried now coz now I hear its hard to meet other 1st years there :confused:
    It was the ensuite bathrooms that lured me!

There are first years everywhere so I don't think you'll have a a problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Thanks for all the detail rmacm.Not sure if I'll make it through (I'm more of a crammer than a consistent studier) but it'll be an interesting year nonetheless :)

You can cram too it just makes life a little more stressful. You're better off working consistently as you'd be surprised at what will come back to you at exam time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jkeire

So far it's unreal here! Everyone seems sound and I know my way around the outside of the buildings fairly well! One quick question. How do I register my electives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

jkeire wrote: »
    So far it's unreal here! Everyone seems sound and I know my way around the outside of the buildings fairly well! One quick question. How do I register my electives?
    Online via student records.

that's grand. thanks a miliion!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

yeah, its class here - was at fred last night, that was so much fun! In a Business course with basically no-one i know though - being from Limerick that was a bit of a shock! But starting to get to know people!
    Cant wait for next week to start... of course come week 2 i'll be hoping for holidays but sure, isnt that just the way of it

Ok, I cannot register my electives or my UL email at home, or can I? Will tomorrow be ok to do all that, even though I have a german elective on in the morning? I don't think I could sound more like a first year if I tried! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Ok, I cannot register my electives or my UL email at home, or can I? Will tomorrow be ok to do all that, even though I have a german elective on in the morning? I don't think I could sound more like a first year if I tried! :o

Registration won't open until tomorrow morning (if we're lucky) on this website
    http://www.si.ul.ie/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn

email can be accessed off campus at
    https://exchstudent1.ul.ie/exchange

If it's on the course timetable all you need to do is turn up.

Yeah you can register from home if you so wish, it's done through the student records system and you can access that over the web from anywhere.

http://www.si.ul.ie/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn

You don't need to register your UL email, you should have gotten your account setup during your first day of orientation. You should be able to access it over the web by going here: https://exchstudent1.ul.ie/exchange

Login with ul\<id_number> and your password, which is apparently your date of birth according to ninty9er (unless of course you were a sensible person and changed it).

beaten by a FF'er what's the world coming to :pac:

rmacm wrote: »
    Login with ul\<id_number> and your password, which is apparently your date of birth according to ninty9er (unless of course you were a sensible person and changed it).

Complex passwords were introduced last year and must be changed on first logon....so yes...they're all sensible now:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

You don't need to register your UL email, you should have gotten your account setup during your first day of orientation. You should be able to access it over the web by going here: https://exchstudent1.ul.ie/exchange

Date of birth password doesn't seem to work for me.

Date of birth password doesn't seem to work for me.

Form

09Jan1989

otherwise whatever you changed it to when you logged on for the first time.

nope, no joy. I'll ring ITD tomorrow and see what the sotry is because my birthday, default 9999 or my new Student record don't work. I never logged on to the UL email yet either.

nope, no joy. I'll ring ITD tomorrow and see what the sotry is because my birthday, default 9999 or my new Student record don't work. I never logged on to the UL email yet either.

did you get an ID card yet?

ninty9er wrote: »
    Complex passwords were introduced last year and must be changed on first logon....so yes...they're all sensible now:eek::eek:

I suppose that's a good thing.
    ninty9er wrote: »
    09Jan1989

That isn't a complex password however, yeah I work in network security and I'm a paranoid goon :/

Hmm if you have an ID card just swipe it through one of those card reader PCs and it should reset your profile and password back to what it originally was.

That isn't a complex password however, yeah I work in network security and I'm a paranoid goon :/

The default isn't but the replacement must be at least 8 characters and contain 3 of:
    • Special characters (!"£$%*? etc.)
    • Capital letter
    • Number
    • Lowercase letter

Thank God it's not retrospective....I know people that struggle with their ID number in 4th year!!

@ jkeire....make sure the month component has a capital first letter. If you don't have an ID card you don't exist on the system and UL knows nothing about you....you are invisible.

Thanks for all that! I'm back in Cappa now so I'll go to whatever office I have to and sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

i'm the same, i changed my password but can't get email, can log into the student thing though, but none of my modules have shown up?

Advertisement