Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jews in Dublin ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Ang3lus wrote: »
    mike's place is still going strong :)

Good to hear that. I went their the odd time on my TA forays. Preferred the Irish bar near the US embassy though. Forget the name.. Mollys?
    humberklog wrote: »
    Don't like goldstar?Lo? Ma pi ton! Crate of Goldstar and a pack of noblesse and it's happy out.

Ah, now there's an ex-kibbutz volunteer if I'm not mistaken :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ang3lus

Sharing an apartment is also an option is it not ?
    would be cool to meet some new people from different places
    trouble is to find sane ones, lol :pac:

I just work alot with customers and it seems there are rarely any sane people :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

It's far too expensive to rent a single studio apartment in Dublin for you i reckon. You will easily find a room to let in a house/apartment share on a website like daft.ie for 400-500 a month. It will just take you a few days after you get here. Yeah dublin is expensive, but like anywhere if you're prepared to not be too extravagent you can get by on a minimum wage job and still have a good time going out etc Just don't expect to save anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

KBarry wrote: »
    Good to hear that. I went their the odd time on my TA forays. Preferred the Irish bar near the US embassy though. Forget the name.. Mollys?

Molly Blooms?.

we actually have an "irish" pub here called Dublin
    they have all kinds of irish beers there but the bar is pretty boring i reckon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Fionnanc

H Angelus. Military service coming up?
    Suggest living outside of Dublin, Some very nice cities with lower costs
    of living

nah, finished my military almost two years ago
    was tough but got over it :)
    i was thinking maybe Cork, but Dublin seems to have the most life in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

nah, finished my military almost two years ago
    was tough but got over it :)
    i was thinking maybe Cork, but Dublin seems to have the most life in it

You'll NEVER live with the accent.

Weldone on your military service. I was going to join the IDF back in 1988!.

It was pretty easy for non-Israeli citizens to join back then.

Gr8 Angelus,
    Have come across some poor souls abroad that are miserable and isolated but won't go home to do their service.
    Your standard of English is very good. You may want to consider registering with the Health Service Executive or an agency and get occasional work as a translator. In the previous Hospital I worked in one of the Irish Consultants was the translater for Hebrew, but If you speak Arabic you will get much more work. We also have many Russian immigrants that present to our health service/police/courts so if you are originally a Russian speaker you should do well. Recent reports released by our civil service reveal increasing money spent on translation services in the courts, but i assume this applies to all state services.
    A quick view of the online job sites reveals jobs translating for European languages only. Maybe other boards users no a good recruitment agency

thanks, that's a nice idea
    i only know how to say "stop i'll or shoot" in arabic
    i used to speak it very well but i forgot most of it, thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

what about game testing? if you speak two languages then it could be for you.

Hi Angelus

"Stop or i'll shoot". Could use that phrase in my current job.

wakaf wallana ana batuhak

that's in arab :)
    "stop or i'll shoot"

israeli soldiers usually don't catch the phrase right and say

"wakaf walla ana bathuak"
    which means
    "stop and i'll shoot"

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I remember once everywhere ran out of
    time.jpg
    so I had to get
    noblesselightssp.jpg
    vile smokes, too strong.

That's very unfair. If their arabic is that confusing they should shout their instruction in Hebrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

around 600 euros for an ok apartment and another 400-500 for food ?
    Sure, but add the usual bills, travel, a little entertainment and €1,500 is a lot more likely.
    are those apartments terrible or ok ?
    It depends on what you are used to. You will get a much better choice if you share a house or apartment with someone. For €600 you end up with "bedsits" (a studio where you may have to share bathroom or kitchen facilities) or places where they don't have photographs. :eek:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?s%5Bcc_id%5D=ct1&s%5Ba_id%5D=ga3&s%5Bmnp%5D=&s%5Bmxp%5D=600&s%5Bbd_no%5D=0&refine=Refine&search=1&s%5Bsearch_type%5D=rental&s%5Bfurn%5D=&s%5Brefreshmap%5D=1&search_type=rental

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

KBarry wrote: »

Ah, now there's an ex-kibbutz volunteer if I'm not mistaken :p

Nope, IDF/college for 3year but back pretty often as family's there.

Ang do sharing. You simply won't enjoy your time here working minimum and bed-sit living. It'll sap the strength from your soul and leave a sour taste in your mouth. Sharing you'll get to meet more people and get involved in the city life more.

yeah it seems like the best idea, sharing with other people
    thanks
    i might actually do that

Advertisement