Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are you an unhappy camper today??

Options
  • 18-08-2008 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

I missed out on my course by 5 points....

Energy Engineering in UCC - 535 points

My guidance teacher said it would probably be about 450 points:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

You might get it in the second round offers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Where can you check all the points? Can't find a site, too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Thank you, my brain isn't working yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Casper89

missed mine by 5 points too!!!!!!!!!!
    im kinda torn between excitment and disappointment because i was expecting it to be higher...but now that im just 5 points away its torture!!!
    if it comes down just once i got it.....or if not...im gonna have to appeal some of my subjects to see if i can go up, which i didn't want to have to resort to:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

A word of advice to the 2 posters who missed out by 5 points.

I did my LC two years ago, and got 470 points. I needed 475 for BESS in Trinity, so I went to view my exam. I wasnt happy with how my English was marked, and my teacher was sure Id pick up extra marks if I got it rechecked. I did, and I got the extra 5 points I needed.

However, I had already accepted my 2nd choice course in Waterford by the time I got the results of my recheck - that, and the course in Trinity had already started. I was offered a place the following year, but didnt take it for personal reasons (I transferred to Queen's University Belfast after a year in WIT).

So dont give up hope yet, a recheck could be succesful, and you could still get the course you want this year, even next year if it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I know how you feel.I couldnt f***ing believe it!!!I got 480 points and was hoping that would be under it.What a shock i got!! I also had civil & environmental down but thats a bit outta my range even with rechecking(I was well screwed by some of my correctors, i'm sure :mad::mad:).I got offered electrical and electronic(Just 300 points).Dont know that much about it except its a damn hard course. Not sure what i'm going to do do now....:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Because I regret the order I put my courses in. I had enough points for the course I wanted but the course I put above that took a huge dive in points and I ended up with that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

so you didn't want your first choice? thats a bit silly of you alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

so you didn't want your first choice? thats a bit silly of you alright.

Nah I wanted my first choice but that was way above what I got. I got my 4th choice but wanted my 5th. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Sparxx

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Because I regret the order I put my courses in. I had enough points for the course I wanted but the course I put above that took a huge dive in points and I ended up with that instead.

Ditto... I'm still happy enough though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I couldn't believe the points for that course were so high! Two of my friends wanted it, neither of them got over 500, but after the results they were convinced they'd get it!
    At least you got near it- second round offers perhaps? Keep the hope! Or rechecks!

I'm an unhappy camper because I missed out on my course too, and can't decide whether or not I want my second option. :(

Advertisement