Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband - opinions please!

Options
  • 18-08-2008 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all.

Due to renting, I can't really justify getting Eircom Broadband installed, but I do need broadband. Ideally, it could deal with torrents too. My housemate got O2 Mobile Broadband and is recommending that... but I'd really love to hear the opinions of everyone on here?
    I'm based in Santry by the way.

Cheers,

-JB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

O2 seems to be the best value at the moment, with 19.99 per month for 10GB. Not sure about torrents.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Cool... are the speeds decent with O2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Diarmey

Im on three broadband in the Portobello area its so slow I can't even watch videos on youtube,it all depends on your area and who is downloading what?

The guy in laptoplab recommended clearwire to me but you can't use any p2p networks but that'll stop people hogging all the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Steer clear of the mobile wireless companies (O2, Vodafone and 3 ) if fixed wireless broadband is feasible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 marigo

and what about digiweb-metro?any info? I need something to connect, faster than O2,vodafone or 3.
    has anyone digiweb metro-please I need advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement