Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to Dundalk

• 18-08-2008 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,

Does anyone commute to Dundalk IT from North Dublin. I would be going from Bayside. I am interested in knowing the ticketing options on the train. Any information would be good though.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well there was a girl in my class in DCU (Ballymun/Glasnevin/Santry area) who used to commute from Ardee by bus. It would drop off and pick up at Whitehall. Whether that's of any use to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You might get more answers in either the commuting/transport forum or the DKIT forum.

I know about the buses going from Dublin to Dundalk but not the trains. Bus Eireann and Matthews Coaches, like Dudess said, go through Whitehall then onto Airport (B.E) through Drogheda and then Dundalk. There's express services aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 tweet-tweet

Can it be forwarded?

Can it be forwarded?

I sent a PM so hopefully!;)

Moo'ed from College to DKIT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

I know that Iarnroid Éireann do trains to Dundalk which leaves you about 10-15 mins from the college, from Connolly station though I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nonrequired

Matthews Coaches go from Parnell St and pick up in Drumcondra and Whitehall. They stop outside DKIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Larianne wrote: »
    I know about the buses going from Dublin to Dundalk but not the trains. Bus Eireann and Matthews Coaches, like Dudess said, go through Whitehall then onto Airport (B.E) through Drogheda and then Dundalk. There's express services aswell.

What?

Trains to Dublin & Dundalk go from 6am to 9pm

But best option is to get the Matthew Coach €50 for a 10 trip.

Timetable
    http://www.matthewscoach.com/documents/Mathews%20Timetable%20V2.pdf

eamoss wrote: »
    What?

Trains to Dublin & Dundalk go from 6am to 9pm

But best option is to get the Matthew Coach €50 for a 10 trip.

Timetable
    http://www.matthewscoach.com/documents/Mathews%20Timetable%20V2.pdf

I was saying that I know about the buses to Dundalk but not the trains. I know trains go there, obviously. I just haven't used them to go to Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The only downside to the train is that it leaves you in the town and you either have to get a bus from the bus station to the college or grab a taxi. I recommend Sevens. They're student friendly so you're looking at probably less than €2 if you're lucky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement