Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Results

• 18-08-2008 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

Were ye happy with yer ACCA results?
    I passed P2 and failed P1 (thought I passed this).
    Happy enough though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

Yeah I got P2 and F8. Really happy, haven't failed one yet!
    Straight back into it this week though :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 anna08

Hi,

Just wondering if you know where is good colleges for F8 - Audit; P7 - Advance audit and P6- Advanced Taxation?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paulusmaximus

Failed P2, 46. Devastated and gutted. Its the last one i have to do and hadn't sat it in 18 months. Considering appealing it or just putting the head back down.

anna, BPP are excellent. I've done all the exams from the beginning and began in DBs but switched to BPP. the best thing i ever did. I find them so much better. When i did the audit exams, 2-3 years ago they had a small english guy lecturing(sorry don;t know his name). He was top class. Made auditing interesting and those two papers have been my top marks by far (high 60's) out of all the papers. I saw him there last semester so i take it he's still lecturing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 valmul

his name is Shaun Browne, I think he's still there this semester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭onehorse

Independent Colleges have an excellent auditing lecturer, Julie Hawkins is the best for tax.

Keep going with the exams they are well worth finishing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Back to Books

Feel your pain Paulusmaximus I was also greeted with 46 in P2 this morning. Gutted. I'm going to get the admin reveiw done even if I don't get marked up they still tell you what questions you went down on which will point you in direction of where your going wrong.

Got P3- 68% but don't feel I can enjoy it can only seem to focus on the fail :(

I had Shawn Browne for F8 last June- he's really excellent but be prepared to hear about his personal life.

Has anyone any advise on taking P4 v's P5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Don't think Julie Hawkins does advanced tax. Also heard she's not teaching at all for this sitting.
    I got the homestudy from BPP for both tax exams, worked out fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 valmul

Julie Hawkins isn't lecturing this semester, i checked the other day...

I've done all mine in BPP so far and passed all first time :)

just 2 left for december - gonna do P5 and P6 - I work in tax so it should be ok, not sure about P5 though, any suggestions re lecturer welcome....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Maclyn

Sorry for interrupting this post, well done to everyone with results.

I just noticed that Julie Hawkins is not teaching this semester, is this right? I was attending her course this time last year and due to a sudden grievance in the family I was unable to sit exams and what with baby due last may Julie was transferring my course to these sittings. I had sent her an email for material but had received no reply as of yet.

Do you know how I can contact her other than email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Back to Books

Maclyn I found this number on her study text. Its her business line as far as I remember, not sure how current it is (the book's a couple of years old) but it might be worth a try. Failing that I would try DBS- they should be able to let you know whats going on.

01 8464180

Hope this works out for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Maclyn wrote: »
    Sorry for interrupting this post, well done to everyone with results.

I just noticed that Julie Hawkins is not teaching this semester, is this right? I was attending her course this time last year and due to a sudden grievance in the family I was unable to sit exams and what with baby due last may Julie was transferring my course to these sittings. I had sent her an email for material but had received no reply as of yet.

Do you know how I can contact her other than email?

I was in her class just gone. She told the class (so I don't feel bad passing on what seems quite personal...) that she is going for a big operation and she will be out from the last class that she gives for the entire next semmester (at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

Hi again,
    In regard to Advanced Tax (which i am doing next myself) Mel Kilkenny in BPP Limerick is supposedly very good. Its starting on 21st august though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rainbow7

For P4 & P2 I heard that Liam Doran is the best lecturer!

I was just wondering where to do F8. I would appreciate if somebody share their experience. Many people said they past easily after doing the course in Griffith's with Umesh Rana. I heard as well that Dave O'Donoghue is pretty good.

What do you think? I know everybody judge in a different way but still advise could be very helpful!

I personally do not like the style of BPP. I did 1 course there & was not happy... DBS is not my favourite either but of course Julie Hawkins is second to none! On the other hand I would never go for the college but the best lecturers...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

rainbow7 wrote: »
    For P4 & P2 I heard that Liam Doran is the best lecturer!

I was just wondering where to do F8. I would appreciate if somebody share their experience. Many people said they past easily after doing the course in Griffith's with Umesh Rana. I heard as well that Dave O'Donoghue is pretty good.

What do you think? I know everybody judge in a different way but still advise could be very helpful!

I personally do not like the style of BPP. I did 1 course there & was not happy... DBS is not my favourite either but of course Julie Hawkins is second to none! On the other hand I would never go for the college but the best lecturers...

I agree 100% with you. Liam will get you passed, good craic too. Wouldn't touch BPP for P2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MMD

Hi all,

Qualified! So happy and relieved! I did most exams with BPP, very good for P1 & P3 (got them in Feb)...P2 (I had to resit), lecturer is ok..absolutely chuffed that I don't have to sit those exams again...ever!

Congrats to all others who passed and to those that didn't...keep the chin up..you'll get there..trust me, the feeling on qualifying is worth it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

MMD wrote: »
    Hi all,

Qualified! So happy and relieved! I did most exams with BPP, very good for P1 & P3 (got them in Feb)...P2 (I had to resit), lecturer is ok..absolutely chuffed that I don't have to sit those exams again...ever!

Nonsense - Straight into the MBA! ;)

Congrats! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rainbow7

Have you seen the pass rates from June 2008?

As far as I can see these are the worst results ever

http://www.accaglobal.com/students/study_exams/exams/passrates/professional_scheme

I see the results and I cant really believe what I'm seeing. F5 - 28% pass rate... i know it is difficult subject, but didnt know that much. Just sat it and got 78 ;] Anybody have access to pass rates from Ireland?

smcgiff wrote: »
    Nonsense - Straight into the MBA! ;)

Congrats! :cool:

Not a chance!....I am retiring my study desk due to old age and ill health after a few years of hard service!! Cheers mate tho anyways!:D

Just seen the pass rates there this morning...wow....that is a massive dip even from December...and 28% in one particular subject is both puzzling and a travesty IMO

raffles wrote: »
    I see the results and I cant really believe what I'm seeing. F5 - 28% pass rate... i know it is difficult subject, but didnt know that much. Just sat it and got 78 ;] Anybody have access to pass rates from Ireland?

Fair play to you raffles...that is excellent going considering the truly shocking pass rate! Well done

• Advertisement
Advertisement