Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargains in Donegal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

EVERYTHING is half price !! JUST GOT CIGARETTES AT HALF PRICE.. €4.25 A PACK !! get there quick folks this is a one day thing i think...EVERYTHING must go

Edit: ... just went back and bought 100 more...First time I ever saw a shop where everything in i was half price .. from sugar to special K to shoe polish. lol.. everyone was on the phone telling people and getting lists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

irish1967 wrote: »
    EVERYTHING is half price !! JUST GOT CIGARETTES AT HALF PRICE.. €4.25 A PACK !! get there quick folks this is a one day thing i think...EVERYTHING must go

Edit: ... just went back and bought 100 more...First time I ever saw a shop where everything in i was half price .. from sugar to special K to shoe polish. lol.. everyone was on the phone telling people and getting lists.

Where abouts is gallaghers?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

irish1967 wrote: »
    Get me a couple of cartons of Major and I'll sort you out later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 declan70

anyone wants to get there car remapped there is a special offer on here at the moment . http://www.ecu-remapping-service.ie/donegal-and-tyrone-engine-tuning/

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Cuba Hair Design in Ramelton half price every tues, wed, thurs and nice staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I picked up a, discontinued model, Garmin Nuvi 600, for €63.00, at Halfords - Letterkenny.

Brand new, never registered, so qualifies for the free map update. These units only have enough internal memory for the UK & IRL maps, but do have an SD card slot, if you wish to add extra maps.

€63 for a brand new, widescreen sat nav, with MP3 & Jpeg viewer, plus the latest maps = not bad at all!

Only had another two in stock, so don't shoot me if they're gone :)
    If you go into the store, over where the Sat Navs are, there is a cabinet with a "Reduced to Clear" sign on it. There is one in there on display.

HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Samsung 450 32' LCD TV is €400 in Currys Letterkenny and £350 (€391) in Currys Derry, with the higher tax here and no need to travel to Derry, thats a good price match.
    Also someone said that the ROI Currys TV are compatible with the new RTE digital but Northern Ireland Currys TV's wont be, not 100% sure on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Senna wrote: »
    Samsung 450 32' LCD TV is €400 in Currys Letterkenny and £350 (€391) in Currys Derry, with the higher tax here and no need to travel to Derry, thats a good price match.
    Also someone said that the ROI Currys TV are compatible with the new RTE digital but Northern Ireland Currys TV's wont be, not 100% sure on this.

Wherever you buy, ask to make sure it can decode MPEG4 if you want to get the Irish DTT. Shop assistants may not always be up to date with this knowledge. If you can, research the model number and ask over on the Terrestrial forum where there is a sticky for this purpose.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd suspect it's a LE32B450, and all B models have MPEG4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

byte wrote: »
    I'd suspect it's a LE32B450, and all B models have MPEG4

The very one (just checked)
    Not to drag this off topic, but would this TV have MPEG4 if sold in the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Senna wrote: »
    The very one (just checked)
    Not to drag this off topic, but would this TV have MPEG4 if sold in the UK?

Yes. As long as the full model numbers are the same, the specifications should be identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

'all sports' in donegal town today, everything 1/2 price, not much left

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mary's in Donegal have Cadbury's Creme Eggs at 3 for a euro.

Going to see if I can hatch out some chocolate hens......

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I know it's not Donegal but they are doing them 5 for €1 in Dublin. Bear in mind, this is the shop that does 3 kinder buenos for €1!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I know it's not Donegal but they are doing them 5 for €1 in Dublin. Bear in mind, this is the shop that does 3 kinder buenos for €1!

lol... I love those eggs, and they all sold out before Easter...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Alpro milk, Letterkenny
    Full case (12 cartons) of Provamel milk (a.k.a. Alpro) is under 16 Euro in Orion's, Letterkenny (used to be Simple Simon's). Works out at 1.29 per carton.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

Not just in donegal but Dunnes are doing 24 Corona for €19.99 at the minute. great summer beer

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

priced these all round ireland and the uk online.

bose in antrim are £640 reconditioned £699 new
    bose direct 799 euro

sony centre letterkenny 640 euro new
    no ****

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Larrson

Don't know if this qualifies to be on here? But there is a public auction in Drimarone Hall at 7pm on Weds the 15th Sept, might be a few Bargains to be got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just when I see the post above- for all you beer lovers Tesco are (or were) selling 40 bottles of Bud for €30.

€20 per slab but get another at half price so 40 for €30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Larrson wrote: »
    Don't know if this qualifies to be on here? But there is a public auction in Drimarone Hall at 7pm on Weds the 15th Sept, might be a few Bargains to be got there.

Em, where is Drimarone Hall again?
    Is that the Sligo side of Donegal Town?

No, its towards Letterbarrow, out past the Mill park hotel about 5 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Larrson wrote: »

details
    http://www.donegalbluestacks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=8

I was at at Drimarone where they are going to have the auction, just having a nose around, quite a lot of stuff there already, mostly old furniture. I was talking to a guy who was going to sell 200 bags of turf but said they charge 25% commission of the selling price which he said was far to much to give away as he said he would be able to sell them locally. So as a man like myself who is always on the lookout for a bargain i bought 30 bags off him For € 65 which i think is a bargain, he also delivered them to my house so i am well pleased with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pennylemon

I was in K Style last wk (behind Solo and watson Hire) and he seems to be very competitive! Im sorry to admit that Im an over the border shopper for most things but this guy seems to have a good few bargains. I trailed Letterkenny the other day, furniture, tile and floorin shops and I did not find one thing I liked that I could afford.
    Im of no relation to K style, I just like a good bargain. And fair play to him because he seems to be the only one whos bringing down prices in south Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Firblog

I'd know K Style too, bought all my tiles from him there (before he started out on his own) and he did me a good deal. He's now got some furniture too, priced a big wardrobe from him an he was easily the cheapest..

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

Any one happen to see any nice american style side by side fridges,at a good price,on sale in the county.i can get a samsung in irwins for 650 but it has a tacky finish i like the stainless steel finish.i have a 900mm wide space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

attic insulation in Homebase, €13 per roll (think thats for the 200mm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lily marlene

Any girls out threre looking for a formal dress, LC Clothing in Buncrana are selling off their formal dresses for €50 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 katemc

thanks for that,

Advertisement