Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

excuse my ignorance!

Options
  • 18-08-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. feel free to move. I have asked a few people now so I know I am not the only ignorant person in the country so here goes...
    Russia is sort of invading Georgia??? I am assuming it not Georgia in the usa. So where the fxx is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

gubby wrote: »
    sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. feel free to move. I have asked a few people now so I know I am not the only ignorant person in the country so here goes...
    Russia is sort of invading Georgia??? I am assuming it not Georgia in the usa. So where the fxx is it?

Squashed between Russian and Turkey (you know were these countries are?)

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/commonwealth/dfnsindust-georgia.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I am assuming it not Georgia in the usa. So where the fxx is it?
    Google-land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

So where the fxx is it?

South of Cavan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

When news of the incident first broke, the RTE News site provided a helpful map-
    http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2204/48e8349fea7a54a9ebcaf25eb8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    South of Cavan.

Cavan have warned that if Russia continue their advances that armed conflict would occur... the cavan minister for defense has already imported 10,000 hurleys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Rovi wrote: »
    When news of the incident first broke, the RTE News site provided a helpful map-
    http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2204/48e8349fea7a54a9ebcaf25eb8.jpg

Haha... I want to say that's been faked... but with the RTÉ website you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Steve_o wrote: »
    Cavan have warned that if Russia continue their advances that armed conflict would occur... the cavan minister for defense has already imported 10,000 hurleys...

now i know ya'r lieing....sure them cavan lads wouldnt know what to do with a hurl!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'd imagine that Georgia must be somewhere near Russia. Them big tanks are a whore to drive over long distances, and what with everyone being conscious about their fuel usage recently.. I'd say twenty miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

taidghbaby wrote: »
    now i know ya'r lieing....sure them cavan lads wouldnt know what to do with a hurl!!

Thats true too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

Steve_o wrote: »

Which no doubt they will borrow from neighbouring Counties...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

An american asks the question on yahoo answers

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080808091149AA3VGTk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you are not trolling....

Go back and enroll yourself into the local community education programme. Or learn to google and seek answers yourself. Seriously, it takes like 2 seconds to open up google and find out. Takes a hell of a lot longer to log into boards and start a new thread.

If you cannot figure out simple things like this then I await evolution to cast you aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I had an hilarious image of people in Wicklow panicking when they learnt that the town of Gori was being surrounded by tanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

If you are not trolling....

Go back and enroll yourself into the local community education programme. Or learn to google and seek answers yourself. Seriously, it takes like 2 seconds to open up google and find out. Takes a hell of a lot longer to log into boards and start a new thread.

If you cannot figure out simple things like this then I await evolution to cast you aside.
    be nice!!! Some people are not as smart as the rest of us:P

OP; do you know how to use google?:D

Am only messing, but seriously yer question has me in stitches:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Tis west of Marioland.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I had an hilarious image of people in Wicklow panicking when they learnt that the town of Gori was being surrounded by tanks :D

The russians are welcome to Gori as far as I'm concerned. They may as well take Enniscorthi while they're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Magpie!

I'd say people in Wexford were even more upset. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Hill Billy wrote: »
    The russians are welcome to Gori as far as I'm concerned. They may as well take Enniscorthi while they're at it.

Ironic given the topic that you two don't know your geography very well.

Magpie! wrote: »
    I'd say people in Wexford were even more upset. :rolleyes:

Damn slow internet. Beaten to it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

My ma asked something similar the other day.

She thought they had attacked Georgia in the US, yet a massive war hadn't started almost a week later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

wow, just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

BEHIND YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

javaboy wrote: »
    Ironic given the topic that you two don't know your geography very well.
    What's with this "you two" malarky boyo or did the gag fly over your head?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd really hope the OP is in a tiny minority, but sadly I think there are far more people ignorant of anything outside their own area than there should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd really hope the OP is in a tiny minority, but sadly I think there are far more people ignorant of anything outside their own area than there should be.

Go west across the atlantic and there is a landmass of 3.8 million square miles with a population of 300million with the same knowledge as the OP (and of course the gob****s who voted no to Lisbon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Go west across the atlantic and there is a landmass of 3.8 million square miles with a population of 300million with the same knowledge as the OP (and of course the gob****s who voted no to Lisbon)

I was wondering how long it would take for Lisbon to be mentioned...:rolleyes:

Hill Billy wrote: »
    What's with this "you two" malarky boyo or did the gag fly over your head?

I just looked at your location "The Hills". That probably means Wickla. It's all becoming clear now.

I retract my "you two" malarkey and hereby redirect all my derision and scorn squarely in PeadarofAodh's direction.

Apologies for any offense caused.

boneless wrote: »
    I was wondering how long it would take for Lisbon to be mentioned...:rolleyes:

It's the new Godwin's Law.

This thread's been Lisboned. Pronounced Lis-boned not Lis-bond.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Anyhow, we all know Georgia is in Dublin around Merrion Square.

Advertisement