Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT appeal

Options
  • 18-08-2008 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

Anyone sucessfully appealed the VRT sum by questioning the revenues OMSP value of a car.

Based on the online VRT calculator the OMSP's seem very high compared to current market prices.

Oh and no VRT rants please, we all know how unfair it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,908 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yes, there was a post on here a while back where a guy got money refunded. From memory he used a lot of ads for cars of similar milage and the same spec, both dealer and private.

You have to pay the VRT on the car first though, then appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Hi there,

I got the OMSP for my car down by 7k earlier this month. You need good solid proof its wrong... my car was a special edition but very same spec as another model they had on their data base so i sent them proof from the official manufacturer website.

word of warning the actual VRO office are not a bit helpful in doing this they say "oh you pay the high price now and appeal later" I didnt do this. I rang the CVO office in roslare made sure to get the actual girl who added my model to the database and using email I showed her why it was too high. She then dropped it by 7K.

Then I rang the VRO office back and they said they were very surprised I got talking to her in the CVO office as they dont deal with the public. I had sent all the details for OMSP reduction to the VRO office but they didnt sent it on to the CVO office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Hi there,

I got the OMSP for my car down by 7k earlier this month. You need good solid proof its wrong... my car was a special edition but very same spec as another model they had on their data base so i sent them proof from the official manufacturer website.

word of warning the actual VRO office are not a bit helpful in doing this they say "oh you pay the high price now and appeal later" I didnt do this. I rang the CVO office in roslare made sure to get the actual girl who added my model to the database and using email I showed her why it was too high. She then dropped it by 7K.

Then I rang the VRO office back and they said they were very surprised I got talking to her in the CVO office as they dont deal with the public. I had sent all the details for OMSP reduction to the VRO office but they didnt sent it on to the CVO office.

Thats what I wanted to hear, fair play to you for disputing it. I think that a lot of people just grin and bear the higher OMSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Hi there,

Someone with a listening ear at the VRO...Surely not!!:pac:

Advertisement