Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partners personal adverts in The Echo

Options
  • 18-08-2008 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever placed an advert in "Partners" the Evening Echo's personal ads section?

I placed one in that paper by text last week and got an incompletet PIN number by automatic return text.
    I phoned the operators of this service (They're in Dun Laoghire) and I was told to add a 'zero' to the PIN. Now when I access my advert, I'm receiving replies to another person's advert. Weird eh? Is there a potentially serious breach of people's privacy when using these adverts?

This is the second time this has happened to me. I guess I should really get out and have a life but I think there could be a serious security issue with these Evening Echo personal adverts.

John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

A life is recommended OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

They are a hoot! I read one in the 'mens' section where a young male, 19, was seeking a fat, hairy male in his forties for fun, etc. The best ones are the long, drawn out ads, guaranteed to be a nutjob!

They are a hoot! I read one in the 'mens' section where a young male, 19, was seeking a fat, hairy male in his forties for fun, etc. The best ones are the long, drawn out ads, guaranteed to be a nutjob!

Tell the truth,it was YOU looking for the fat hairy forty year old now wasn't it...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Bros123 wrote: »
    Tell the truth,it was YOU looking for the fat hairy forty year old now wasn't it...:rolleyes:

Hey, look over there!

*runs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Don't be mean guys. I mostly post in the PI forum where people are regularly encouraged to do things like place ads or use internet dating in an effort to meet people. Please be aware that by making a big joke out of it you could be destroying someone's confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bros123 wrote: »
    A life is recommended OP.

Very mature.

gimmick wrote: »
    Very mature.

Well maturity is something I'm lucky to have in abundance......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

So the OP is having trouble meeting people. I'm sure he's brilliant at plenty of other things that you guys might be having trouble with.

To learn some maturity you guys should read the PI forum sometimes to educate yourselves on some of the problems other people struggle with.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

I doubt it would be much of a security issue. Unless you can have conversations going over and back on these message service type things. In that case it could be bad...

sunnyside wrote: »
    So the OP is having trouble meeting people. I'm sure he's brilliant at plenty of other things that you guys might be having trouble with.

To learn some maturity you guys should read the PI forum sometimes to educate yourselves on some of the problems other people struggle with.

This isn't the PI forum and if the OP saw this as a problem I'm sure he would have posted there.
    I am mature and I also have a good sense of humour.
    You should try and find one.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement