Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script viewing...

Options
  • 18-08-2008 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, do script viewing forms have to be in tonight or will tomorrow morning do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Better off getting the form back in today but tomorrow is ok I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

The form has to be returned to your school by Tuesday August 19th (tomorrow).

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

I went into my school today to fill in that form, but there was no one around and I'm going away tomorrow. Curses..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

You can view your papers without getting them rechecked right? I just want to have a look at one or two but probably won't end up getting them re checked.

YOu can do this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Yes you can look and not appeal shorty. Im doing it with 5 of mine. Wanna see what I got for my history and geography projects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

meeka wrote: »
    I went into my school today to fill in that form, but there was no one around and I'm going away tomorrow. Curses..

exact same with me. I cycled in in the rain and the place was like a ghost town, so i had a smoke in the yard then cycled back home in the rain.
    I'm gonna hve to do the same tomorrow. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 stuba9

Where it says "Paper" do i put in Honours or Paper1/paper2??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

stuba9 wrote: »
    Where it says "Paper" do i put in Honours or Paper1/paper2??
    I didn't put anything in that box....My prinicpal said it was fine...I got the impression that it didnt matter at all....Do the schools have all the papers there anyway?

I was given my appointment for viewing the papers on the Saturday morning.

Does anyone know if the marking schemes will be released online before that date....or will we be given a copy of the marking schemes along with the paper when we go in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Lux.

Damn electric picnic... Really wanted to see my English paper 1! Oh well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭22diamonds

One of my teachers is driving quite far to view my spanish paper with me on saturday. He is only comin to limerick on the saturday. What if the appointment i get is on friday or sunday? can i change this? also, i'm working all day friday so there's another reason i might have to change. any know about changin the appointment day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 haysie

im viewing lcvp, havent got my date yet.. anyone getting lcvp rechecked?? i was well robbed out of marks..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

i wasnt happy with a merit, i put in alot of effort and i got 94% in the mocks, i think i deserved a distinction, i gonna view it anyway and see if i was hard done by..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

22diamonds wrote: »
    One of my teachers is driving quite far to view my spanish paper with me on saturday. He is only comin to limerick on the saturday. What if the appointment i get is on friday or sunday? can i change this? also, i'm working all day friday so there's another reason i might have to change. any know about changin the appointment day?

There is only Friday and Saturday for viewing.

And you could have asked your school to give you Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

haysie wrote: »
    im viewing lcvp, havent got my date yet.. anyone getting lcvp rechecked?? i was well robbed out of marks..

Yeah im checking LCVP out I got a distinction in the mocks and went down to a merit and my teacher was a real harda$$ when giving marks...so im a bit suspicious.

Mark200 wrote: »
    There is only Friday and Saturday for viewing.

And you could have asked your school to give you Saturday

There is three viewing days Friday, Saturday and Sunday according to my recheck form.

Bajingo wrote: »
    Yeah im checking LCVP out I got a distinction in the mocks and went down to a merit and my teacher was a real harda$$ when giving marks...so im a bit suspicious.

Yeah i got a merit and i deserved a distinction my portfolio was perfect and in the mocks i got a high distiction so im curious.. i gonna view it anyway and see what the story is :rolleyes: its twenty points down like so its well worth to get it a check if ya feel ya deserved a higher mark

There is three viewing days Friday, Saturday and Sunday according to my recheck form.
    no....the third one is the Saturday afternoon! 2 - 5pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I just ticked the friday box on my sheet, was I not supposed to do that, either way im going in on friday the 29th...

Does anyone know the times for that day off the top of their head?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

1huge1 wrote: »
    I just ticked the friday box on my sheet, was I not supposed to do that, either way im going in on friday the 29th...

hahah no I don't think you were supposed to do that. It won't make any difference though

Friday: 6pm - 9pm

Saturday: 9am - 12pm

Saturday: 2pm - 5pm

I asked for the last one, and I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

1huge1 wrote: »

I put an asterisk beside the time I wanted and the school sent the slip back to me. I'm viewing on the Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Oh well the principal is my neighbour and he wouldn't care,

thanks for the times. Wonder if all my teachers will turn up for it.

Does anyone know if the marking schemes will be released online before that date....or will we be given a copy of the marking schemes along with the paper when we go in?

blue-army wrote: »

When you go in they have them anyway. They gave out a little booklet from the SEC explaining the process when we got our results.
    1huge1 wrote:
    thanks for the times. Wonder if all my teachers will turn up for it.

I wouldn't bank on it. I'm going to ring the school when they are all back and ask two of my teachers to view my scripts with me (one at a time) if they can.

blue-army wrote: »
    no....the third one is the Saturday afternoon! 2 - 5pm

Oh I must have miss read it in a fit of excitement on the day...

When do you find out what day you can check your results does your school let you know or the SEC?

Oh I must have miss read it in a fit of excitement on the day...

When do you find out what day you can check your results does your school let you know or the SEC?

The school does. Someone at your school is designated "Organising Superintendent" and they sort it all out.

Advertisement