Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing in Waterford City

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sonners wrote: »
    Edited my last post to change a word, did'nt realise it was such a big deal. And I fail to see where I got personal in any of my posts.

Well, you have to read the charter in all forums before posting :) Anyway, its all explained in the charter why we had to take that stance. And for the record, im not accusing anyone of getting personal im just saying in general.
    I'm stepping back from this now, it seems my posts have been misinterpreted as trying to start something or attack other posters. This is not the case, I am merely trying to explain the current situation from the viewpoint of people living with this for the last two months. You might not like it but we dont like living with it either.

I know everyone wants this trouble to end I'm not denying that but some of the posters seem to think that Saturday's events just came out of nowhere. This feud is ONGOING. Not a day has passed over the last 2 months without some sort of incident. I'm merely trying to make people aware that not everything is being reported and infact things are worse than they may seem.

Id prefer you didn't have to step away. Your comments are more then welcome on this site, even if people don't agree/support them. Its a discussion board after all. :) I don't think people are misinterpreting your posts, im just passing on a friendly warning to a slightly heated conversation before it gets to late. Its not aimed at any poster in particular.

I think people are fully aware the feud is ongoing over the last number of months (it was quiet enough during spraoi) and that is why most entry points to the city had armed guards present, garda pulling over cars looking dodgy etc. Though that seems to have been scaled back. People just have the wrong attitude to it all.

As for standing up for travelers - I am in no way condoning the behavior that these traveler families have been acting nor how others have done in Waterford in the past. I don't think what they are doing is right or understandable for that matter. I have been defending the sweeping generalizations made about travelers as if every single member of the traveling community were all dangerous people and they are the only people that do such crimes in Ireland. The same defense stance you and others are doing towards members of such estates and the defense I fully agree and support.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Black Hyundai failled top stop for a Guard heading towards the old Kilmeaden road.. ended up chasing him down through housing estates out to ardmore park, and into a field between ballybeg and kilbarry halting site, where another number of garda units were already headed, some (dont know if all were caught) of the occupants were brought in by the cops when it was all over..

fair play to the first cop on scene.. he braved following a car alone (unsure of who was aboard, why they ran, what weapons they may have had) followed the car till the very end, and got a successful result.. many of you will say "ahh well thats his job" but id say its a lot more scary when its 1am and your heading out towards the old kilmeaden road in pursuit of god knows what? :eek:

Somebody must have been listening to the radio last night;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »

Was thinking that myself, but don't the guards use mobiles now over the radio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

*wink**wink**nudge**nudge* :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't think it's fair to assume apathy towards the situation in the affected estates by simply comparing the ".... in Ballybeg" and "mayhem in Johns St" threads for the simple reason that the Johns St incident was witnessed by more people and therefore there was a lot more to talk about with contributions from many different users. I alone have 20 posts in that thread sure!

The input of people involved in all the incidents is vital I think for us to get a complete picture of what's going on, so I'd urge people like sonners to continue posting because I can assure them that it's not in vain.

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to assume apathy towards the situation in the affected estates by simply comparing the ".... in Ballybeg" and "mayhem in Johns St" threads for the simple reason that the Johns St incident was witnessed by more people and therefore there was a lot more to talk about with contributions from many different users. I alone have 20 posts in that thread sure!
    Good point there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Not to mention that Ballybeg and related incidents have been spread over several threads, so it is unfair to count just the one and compare it to the Johns Street thread.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully wrote: »
    Was thinking that myself, but don't the guards use mobiles now over the radio?
    Sometimes, but still an awlful lot of activity over the airwaves

Ah okay. Thanks.

What's all this?

• Advertisement

What's all this?

Well.. im not sure whether you read what he quoted and you still have questions or missed it..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56957786#post56957786

I was just wondering how he was listening to the Garda radio, assuming that's what he was listening to.

I was just wondering how he was listening to the Garda radio, assuming that's what he was listening to.

Scanners, but I think its illegal to listen into emergency services. There is a forum for queries on scanners - not sure what one (I thin Aquos posts there if im not mistaken?) tho.

Anywhome, suppose we best be heading back to the topic. The lady in question is only 18 and stabbed two people. Due in court. Gardai looking for witnesses but I assume people wont be willing to go forward!

Gardai in Waterford have arrested an 18-year-old woman in connection with the stabbing of two other women in the city early this morning.

The victims, one in her late teens and the other in her early 20s, were stabbed in the back in the John's Lane area in the early hours.

One of them is still being treated in hospital, while the other has been discharged.

Gardai are appealing for anyone with information about the incident to come forward.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/teenager-held-over-double-stabbing-in-waterford-city-1458218.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Sully wrote: »
    Scanners, but I think its illegal to listen into emergency services. There is a forum for queries on scanners - not sure what one (I thin Aquos posts there if im not mistaken?) tho.

OT: Not illegal to use or to listen to any emergeny frequncies. But it would be illegal if you were in a car chase with the gardaí and you used one to help you escape!

The guards have a tender out for a new digital encrypted system that would put a stop to this.

OT: Not illegal to use or to listen to any emergeny frequncies. But it would be illegal if you were in a car chase with the gardaí and you used one to help you escape!

The guards have a tender out for a new digital encrypted system that would put a stop to this.

Really? I was told differently on Boards. Interesting as I know of people with it and the Guards didnt seem to bothered! Cheers for the tip!

On topic again... the lady in question has been refused bail due to previous convictions. Apparently her mother/solicitor asked that she be out on bail with conditions including living at home with her mother. The guards asked how she can control her, and the mother replied that the girl knows the house rules. The Judge disagreed based on her history so she didnt get bail.

(According to todays News & Star)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cassle

This girl was in the year below me in school. When I was 8 , she put me in a headlock for kicking her accidentally in a game. True story.

Advertisement