Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxes of Wine

• 18-08-2008 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Are there any good boxed wines available in Dublin? According to the New York Times today, they are seriously improving in quality. The fact that the wine stays drinkable for up to four weeks is very appealing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

gogglebok wrote: »
    The fact that the wine stays drinkable for up to four weeks is very appealing.

Funnily enough, I've never had a problem with my wine spoiling before I can drink it... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I've never had a problem with my wine spoiling before I can drink it... :o

It's that pesky ninth bottle that does me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

gogglebok wrote: »
    The fact that the wine stays drinkable for up to four weeks is very appealing.

Up to four weeks? I get longer than that out of some boxes, perhaps twice that.

Don't get the impression that I am particularly abstemious. I buy 10 litre boxes, and use them for vin ordinaire when I am not opening a bottle of better wine.

It's no help to you: I buy my boxes in France, and the quality is certainly respectably good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

/* Imagines P. Breathnach in cravat and top hat enjoying boxes of wine */:D

Ah no seriously, any boxed wine I've consumed whilst not in France has been absolute poop. Aldi Badgers Creek has to be avoided at all costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Thanks all. I guess I'll hold off for a while and wait till I get to France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I bought one in a spar in belgium the week before last and while it wasn't good it certainly wasn't terrible...not that I really noticed after the first few liters ;)

Advertisement