Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW E36 Alarm/Immobiliser Button replacement

Options
  • 18-08-2008 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi

I have a E36 BMW 318 1997 which has an Alarm/Immobiliser. however the device which is on my keyring has the buttons damaged due to wear and tear so i am unable to use the alarm. does anybody know where i can get this replaced without having to go a BMW dealer and get fleeced

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Is it a separate fob or part of the key?

http://search.ebay.ie/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=e36+alarm+fob

Just order the shell on the EBay site above & off you go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

Its a seperate black fob with 2 buttons on it. its round in shape and as it says on that e bay link the connector to the keyring always breaks.

So if i get one of these replacements do i need to get someone to open up the old fob and take out some piece and put in new replacement? excuse my ignorance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I think you should be able to do this yourself, failing that maybe some one of your friends is handy at this kind of thing. It should be straight forward enough to do, I think there's only one or to small screws involved.

Thanks for that rebel ranter

I've just received the fob that i bought off e bay for the E36 but it doesnt work with the fob i have

when i checked the car i discovered that it is a cobra Alarm it has a black round fob with 2 grey/green buttons on it.

my problem is the buttons are damaged so i basically cannot work this

Maybe its not a standard BMW alarm/immobiliser perhaps it was an add on

Anyone know where i can get a replacement fob cover the alarm still works its just the buttons that are damaged

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

any cobra dealer should have cases in stock.....you'll find them on ebay too....part number 7777

I'm in galway,we stock them here....

Hope this helps.

Great stuff pounder thanks a mill

Advertisement