Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So you're coming to UCD....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

kev_s88 wrote: »
    hahah cheers for that.will probably just go in on thursday morning for the basic guide or whatever it is.not arsed staying for "El Presidente" and the lectures :)

actually one more question....are the Student ID's photographic ID?
    Yeah, they have a photo on them. They'll take one of you when you go to get one. The more important things of the week are getting the student card and attending any of the BBQ type meet and greets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Yeah, they have a photo on them. They'll take one of you when you go to get one. The more important things of the week are getting the student card and attending any of the BBQ type meet and greets.

haha yeah and all the free films there showing during the week.thanks for hte help anyways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Geo08

You'd probably be better off sitting on the toilet than going to the welcome speech by Heir Brady.

But what about the free scarf :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Depends on how much you want a "Look at me, I'm a first year" statement. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

What's the difference between the Student Club and the Student Centre. Are they the same building?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Geo08 wrote: »
    But what about the free scarf :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    They really are pulling out all the stops this year :pac: I thought you just got a wallet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Geo08

They really are pulling out all the stops this year :pac: I thought you just got a wallet.

Maybe cause credit crunch will leave us with nothing to put in a wallet & the scarf is to help us keep our heating bills down :pac:

Geo08 wrote: »
    Maybe cause credit crunch will leave us with nothing to put in a wallet & the scarf is to help us keep our heating bills down :pac:

UCD really have researched this whole thing very well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

alan4cult wrote: »
    What's the difference between the Student Club and the Student Centre. Are they the same building?

No, the Student Club is the Student bar between Quinn and the restaurant, the Student Centre is where the Students Union and Astra hall is near the sports centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Anybody else here going to be at the BBQ's, free films etc on their own? Just curious if only groups of pre-existing friends from secondary school show up or if people who don't know anybody show up too

• Advertisement

samsamson wrote: »
    Anybody else here going to be at the BBQ's, free films etc on their own? Just curious if only groups of pre-existing friends from secondary school show up or if people who don't know anybody show up too

im probably gonna be at some of the stuff on my own.not gonna go to everything though.too much travelling to get there and back for me........plus the fact that im a lazy bastard :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭chrissor

I only know two friends going to UCD so I will probably be wandering around on my own too.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

I know one or two people but I'd prefer to meet and get to know some other people. Think I'd enjoy it more. :)

Bring on the BBQ. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bob.

yeh il probably wander around on my own, since my friends are there for different orientation days, im going up wednesday night, in a house with about 11 other students, so il have time to wander around, but i hope to god the house isnt full or dry ****es that study 24/7. like damn i was in the house today for a bit, and my new (unknown) roomate has a flowery bed cover...hrmm btw i though modules would be easy to do, but im just after choosing them all pretty quickly, not many options for science dudes (DN030) the only options are maths crap really, gah.. oh and any good freebies going around? i saw some sweet bank of ireland man bags being given out for free, not too shabby either.

Bob. wrote: »
    yeh il probably wander around on my own, since my friends are there for different orientation days, im going up wednesday night, in a house with about 11 other students, so il have time to wander around, but i hope to god the house isnt full or dry ****es that study 24/7. like damn i was in the house today for a bit, and my new (unknown) roomate has a flowery bed cover...hrmm btw i though modules would be easy to do, but im just after choosing them all pretty quickly, not many options for science dudes (DN030) the only options are maths crap really, gah.. oh and any good freebies going around? i saw some sweet bank of ireland man bags being given out for free, not too shabby either.

hold on.what day is the barbecue on???

and is anyone going in on thursday for Arts meeting thingy?

i presume (hope) theres a bbq all week..but it wouldnt be the hightlight of the day for me, and from now on, id say your gonna hafta pronounce arts as "Orts"

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

. like damn i was in the house today for a bit, and my new (unknown) roomate has a flowery bed cover...

What's wrong with flowery bed covers...?

What's wrong with flowery bed covers...?

umm.....nothing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

i presume (hope) theres a bbq all week..but it wouldnt be the hightlight of the day for me, and from now on, id say your gonna hafta pronounce arts as "Orts"

Hey, 5 years in UCD and people can **** off if they think I'm saying "Orts". :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ill be wandering around on my own aswell. Because I have no friends in UCD.

And ive been here 4 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Should be one of my mates there on the thursday and friday. Should see another on wednesday, mr. science A-L :P

Really looking forward to it all starting, to be honest. First time in about 10 years I've looked forward to school starting :D

ughhh im going in now to get my student ID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

Perhaps all new UCD boards students should meet up on the 8th? I can already see all the nervousness and awkwardness now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

We could get t-shirts identifying ourselves :P

Raemie wrote: »
    We could get t-shirts identifying ourselves :P

Hehe!! Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing. :cool::rolleyes::D

I say we have a boards meet up in UCD??? Is there anyone else here going into Science (DN008) that will be up there tomorrow? Or anyone in general, for that matter. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭bebeebutterfly

Or no, funky looking hats or roses to identify ourselves! lol
    I'm going tomorrow but I'll miss a few things cos I've to take the train back.

You don't get ur card if u don't register..
    Can I register there or have they stopped doing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Raemie

I'm not going in till thursday, Art omnibus (n-z). I dont know if ill stay long, it sounds pretty dull, but i need my student card and to get apartment keys and such. Anyone else going on thursday(whos willing to wear a crazy hat :D)?

I may not stay long myself. Will wait and see if anything is going on. Getting my student card is goal number one. :D:D

Crazy hats sound fun. I'll wear in my russian style hat with ear flaps. hehe!! may be too warm but what the hell. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

Or no, funky looking hats or roses to identify ourselves! lol
    I'm going tomorrow but I'll miss a few things cos I've to take the train back.

You don't get ur card if u don't register..
    Can I register there or have they stopped doing that?

I'm pretty sure you can register in admissions in the Tierney Building.

Advertisement