Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So you're coming to UCD....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭bebeebutterfly

Ooh Russian flap hat!
    Don't be too surprised when I charge over and try it on! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Ooh Russian flap hat!
    Don't be too surprised when I charge over and try it on! :D

Charging may be a bad idea. I could be tempted to take defensive action. the hat takes me over when I'm wearing it. :p

Just make sure you're waving a white flag. lol!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I completed the first stage of registration today (im a shiny new postgrad) and it is showing that my student card is available for collection. I thought it was only 1st years who could collect theirs this week, or does being a new postgrad also count as a 1st year in this sense? It would be great if i could pick it up before next week as I need to renew my gym membership at the weekend (and hopefully pay the student rate!)

Oh and phase 2 still not available, even though apparently you can register modules from today :rolleyes:

*waits patiently*

ooh ooh *idea*

We could all do that gun thing with our hands, like shoot a gun at each other (you know what i mean?), when you recognize someone. and all the non boards users will be all jealous (...or scared) cos we've a secret code rofl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Yeah, module registration isn't open yet for some reason. I'll just keep checking it for the rest of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Raemie wrote: »
    I'm not going in till thursday, Art omnibus (n-z). I dont know if ill stay long, it sounds pretty dull, but i need my student card and to get apartment keys and such. Anyone else going on thursday(whos willing to wear a crazy hat :D)?

i dont have any crazy hats but i'll just look out for the rest of you lot.....i can look like the outcast of the group.its like 10am we have to be in at on thursday morning isnt it???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

ooh ooh *idea*

We could all do that gun thing with our hands, like shoot a gun at each other (you know what i mean?), when you recognize someone. and all the non boards users will be all jealous (...or scared) cos we've a secret code rofl!

that might not be the best idea.i know one of the nerd societies does that as a fun game and i have no intention of being mixed up with them lol :D

ooh ooh *idea*

haha!!! :D

I like the way you think. ;)

Sounds like a plan. I'm really tempted to bring my russian flap hat in now. Hehe!!

haha!!! :D

I like the way you think. ;)

Sounds like a plan. I'm really tempted to bring my russian flap hat in now. Hehe!!

oh do! i don't have any out of the ordinary hats but at least we'd all recognise you

kev_s88 wrote: »
    that might not be the best idea.i know one of the nerd societies does that as a fun game and i have no intention of being mixed up with them lol :D

Ah but we'll be doing the "cool" version, (paint your hand blue maybe) and if they try it with us we take out our machine guns (both hands). So yeah, work on your sound effects! but not too much, don't want it sounding too realistic

• Advertisement

Ah but we'll be doing the "cool" version, (paint your hand blue maybe) and if they try it with us we take out our machine guns (both hands). So yeah, work on your sound effects! but not too much, don't want it sounding too realistic

Is this a college we are going to, or a mad house?? lol!!!!! :D:D

I actually happen to do amazing sound effects.........................:rolleyes:

Those nerds won't know what hit them when the cool "gun shooting" people arrive. :P

Is this a college we are going to, or a mad house?? lol!!!!! :D:D

I actually happen to do amazing sound effects.........................:rolleyes:

Those nerds won't know what hit them when the cool "gun shooting" people arrive. :P

We will enter the college, but exit the mad house!
    Then our goal (and hopefully our studies) is complete.
    haha Yes! *high five*
    But respect to the college nerds, they'll be the ones earing 6/7 figures a year, with cool cars and they'll be building real machine guns with us on their minds. Actually... I think I might join their group..

I can see all the 2nd years and up laughing at us noobs now. yay noobness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I was planning on heading in now to pick up my student card, but after a quick read through of this thread im not going in without backup.

Xhristy wrote: »

Just wear a "Xhirsty" name tag and run around campus.
    We'll find you there

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I was planning on heading in now to pick up my student card, but after a quick read through of this thread im not going in without backup.

lol! just wear an imaginary bullet proof vest to protect you against our imaginary weapons and you'll be ok! :D

Xhristy wrote: »

Oh.......very well prepared. ;)

You must remember that you do not choose the hat group, the hat group chooses you but you will be chosen. For that fact, you must be ready at all times. :rolleyes::D:cool:

Well I dont really know of good meeting places in UCD. I'll probably get lost tomorrow or something.It would be typical of me. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

hey can anyone help me when i signed into my ucd connect and checked the mail i got one saying i have a module clash saying

"Time Conflict on Wednesday at 1700 between MATH10070 - Introduction to Calculus (16355 ) and PHYC10090 - Physics II (41346)

Please check for other offerings and change your registration to avoid this."

the thing is i checked both these in the module registration and they're both core modules in my second semester they both also say preselected and automatically registered

So can anyone help me

Ronanc1 wrote: »
    hey can anyone help me when i signed into my ucd connect and checked the mail i got one saying i have a module clash saying

"Time Conflict on Wednesday at 1700 between MATH10070 - Introduction to Calculus (16355 ) and PHYC10090 - Physics II (41346)

Please check for other offerings and change your registration to avoid this."

the thing is i checked both these in the module registration and they're both core modules in my second semester they both also say preselected and automatically registered

So can anyone help me

that's strange go to your timetable and see what you have on the wednesday, maybe they just meant another one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

We could meet up at the rifle club or maybe archery...lol

• Advertisement

^they mightn't be too pleased with our invisible weaponry, but I am sooo joining archery!

^they mightn't be too pleased with our invisible weaponry, but I am sooo joining archery!

That wont stop me from getting an imaginary bulls eye though. :p

We all know mountaineering rocks. :D:D

We should set up an invisible society, now there's an idea! We'll play imaginery sports, watch non-existant films and have thunderous debates with invisible people...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We should set up an invisible society, now there's an idea! We'll play imaginery sports, watch non-existant films and have thunderous debates with invisible people...
    Now that sounds like something out of CTYI!

Now that sounds like something out of CTYI!

What is CTYI?:o

Oh dear! That's genius! Let's do it. We can sit out on the campus grounds in our invisible building, looking out the invisible skylight, we can bring a couple hundred kgs of food, (can't let the invisible people go hungry). Great, we'll let the invisible people set iy up though, - you know how good they are at this kind of thing.

What is CTYI?:o
    is it the centre for talented youth or something?
    cos daaamn that's us :D

Oh dear! That's genius! Let's do it. We can sit out on the campus grounds in our invisible building, looking out the invisible skylight, we can bring a couple hundred kgs of food, (can't let the invisible people go hungry). Great, we'll let the invisible people set iy up though, - you know how good they are at this kind of thing.

Though I do believe the alcohol should be 100% real :cool:

is it the centre for talented youth or something?
    cos daaamn that's us :D

Centre for talented youths of Invisibility;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bob.

gahhh.......less than 24 hours before campus opens, i get an offer for campus, they're really giving out the offer too late, like i just paid a deposit for another place...

the email:
    Dear Student

Thank you for your application for accommodation in UCD for the coming academic session 2008/09. We are delighted to inform you that based on the application submitted we are in a position to remove you from the waitlist and offer you a room at one of our residence. If you wish to accept this room please contact the accommodation office immediately (01 716 1005) and we will send out a pack with residential details in the post. If you have any others queries again please contact us at the above address.

Regards
    The Residential Services Team

if someone wants to pretend they got the email go ahead and see if you can get a place

Advertisement