Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So you're coming to UCD....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

Bob. wrote: »
    gahhh.......less than 24 hours before campus opens, i get an offer for campus, they're really giving out the offer too late, like i just paid a deposit for another place...

the email:

if someone wants to pretend they got the email go ahead and see if you can get a place

Rent it to a member of the Invisible Society. This way when you're too inebriated to go home you can just use the room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭bebeebutterfly

gahhh.......less than 24 hours before campus opens, i get an offer for campus, they're really giving out the offer too late, like i just paid a deposit for another place...

the email:

if someone wants to pretend they got the email go ahead and see if you can get a place

OMG!! I want it!! I tried ringing but keep getting voicemail!

the email:

they said that u have to ring and refuse so they can offer it to someone else,
    so can u do that plz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

so what are we doing for our UCD Boards get together???

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

kev_s88 wrote: »
    so what are we doing for our UCD Boards get together???

Its definitely a good idea to do something. What would everyone be interested in doing????? :)

• Advertisement

Its definitely a good idea to do something. What would everyone be interested in doing????? :)

i think just pick a time and a place to meet.although we need to find a time when everyone is free.we could do like whats done at the normal boards beers and everyone bring the same thing (can of condensed milk) so we can recognise each other.

I think the lake would be a good place to meet up considering it is smack bang in the middle of campus. I also believe a can of condensed milk should be replaced by a can of cider...

i think just pick a time and a place to meet.although we need to find a time when everyone is free.we could do like whats done at the normal boards beers and everyone bring the same thing (can of condensed milk) so we can recognise each other.

Some people were saying Monday8th.
    so how about then. would everyone be free at 12pm? Like lunch time hehe
    Oh no, not the lake :eek:

Thats probably best. Not much point in organising something major, just see what happens. :)

So its on the 8th anyways, was that what others were saying??

Some people were saying Monday8th.
    so how about then. would everyone be free at 12pm? Like lunch time hehe
    Oh no, not the lake :eek:

Unfortunately, I'm not free at 12, I dont think. If the timetable I have now, stays the same, I have lectures at 12 and 1 and again at 4. I'm only free before 12, from 2-4 and anytime after 5. Although, I could make time but probably not the best idea. lol!!!

Sorry for the double post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Couple of tins behind Brady's gaff sound good? :P

^haha maybe not the best idea
    is monday not when the freshers ball is on?
    Dang I can't go do that!
    Sure look we'll have a couple get togethers then.
    So post on when ur free and we'll organize a few so that nobody misses out.

I think I have a 3 hour lecture on wednesday afternoon, so maybe not that day, lol. What about Friday? At the giant egg thing outside the Vet buildings...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ok, well i just got back from attempting to get my Student Card. I was cutting it quite late at 16.30 but i got in there, drove around for a while with no idea where to go, came to a few dead ends before i went to that help centre at the N11 entrance who told me to go left, Road Closed, so i went back to the help place and they told me to go out towards Donnybrooke and go left after AIB, where the **** is AIB??? I drove around for another while asking randomers where the Astra Hall is. Nope. Totally lost at 17.00 so i had to go home.

Now, on my orientation leaflet thing it said that today was for Arts students Surnames N-Z, which is me, will i be alright going in tomorrow? Providing i can find the bloody place.

For an orientation week i was very dis-orientated, shocked at the lack of sign posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Lol, I'd say someone was taking the piss re AIB.

You'll get used to the place.

I think I have a 3 hour lecture on wednesday afternoon, so maybe not that day, lol. What about Friday? At the giant egg thing outside the Vet buildings...

I think everyone was saying Monday.
    So how about every day next week at one o' clock.
    Just turn up to one at the egg. and u're bound to see someone there. u have to have at least one "1o'clock" seccion free a week right?
    So everyone good with that??

Sean_K wrote: »
    Lol, I'd say someone was taking the piss re AIB.

You'll get used to the place.

No I've seen it, it's there. it's close to the Clonskeagh road. but i'm terrible with directions sorry. but yeah it's close to an entrance, I took it on the 11a bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Ok, well i just got back from attempting to get my Student Card. I was cutting it quite late at 16.30 but i got in there, drove around for a while with no idea where to go, came to a few dead ends before i went to that help centre at the N11 entrance who told me to go left, Road Closed, so i went back to the help place and they told me to go out towards Donnybrooke and go left after AIB, where the **** is AIB??? I drove around for another while asking randomers where the Astra Hall is. Nope. Totally lost at 17.00 so i had to go home.

Now, on my orientation leaflet thing it said that today was for Arts students Surnames N-Z, which is me, will i be alright going in tomorrow? Providing i can find the bloody place.

For an orientation week i was very dis-orientated, shocked at the lack of sign posts.

The guy must have meant the AIB at Clonskeagh, as you turn left after that to get into the campus. You are grand, you can get your student card for the next 3 weeks in the student centre (where Astra Hall is) afterwards you can get it in the admin building. You should take a campus tour so you dont get lost. Ask the orientation guides about it and they will help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Thanks for clearing that up. Ill try again tomorrow.

im free at 11-12am on monday and 12-1pm on tuesday and wednesday

sure we may as well find out what subjects everyone is doing. im doing music, drama and philosophy.and i have arabic on monday nights as my elective.anyone gonna be in any of my classes?

Im doing engineering with arabic on tuesday nights (you should switch :D)
    So yeah ppl, Monday at eleven. we got three free at that time.
    At the giant egg.
    y'all cool with that?

• Advertisement

I'm free anytime before 12 on Monday, after 1 on Tuesday, after 2 on Wednesday, after 1 on thursday and free between 11-1 on Friday. hehe!! :)

I'm studying Physics, Maths and Geology. Anyone else in my classes?? I can make Monday at 11, free till 12. :)

cool, everyone be there
    or be square...
    ...u dont want to be square, do u? :D

Im doing engineering with arabic on tuesday nights (you should switch :D)
    So yeah ppl, Monday at eleven. we got three free at that time.
    At the giant egg.
    y'all cool with that?

im in for monday at 11am at the giant egg.whats the item were bringing to distinguish ourselves?

wanted to do arabic on tuesday but ive got other stuff on so i cant.

Oh, I love that big egg too. Hehe!! :D:D

I thought it was hip to be square???? :P

We'll most likely just magically know each other when we see, waiting around. Maybe just do something simple like carry bottles in our hands. hehe!! :)
    What happens if its lashing rain, its Ireland afterall. lol!!

I'll PM a couple of you with my number if it makes things a little easier??

oh no, we cant bring anything to distinguish ourselves.
    that takes away all the guessing fun.

Flight of the Chonchords - Jenny

Look it up on youtube :D

if u see someonee at the egg at 11, just say something, probably someone from here or some stalker reading this (be gone stalker we have invisible weaponry!!).

It's hip to be circular - like the egg, eh?

I'm doing Med and have healthcare imaging at 11 on monday. Though it seems I have an hour off at 1 pm mon-thurs

I'm doing Med and have healthcare imaging at 11 on monday. Though it seems I have an hour off at 1 pm mon-thurs

Well we can always arrange an extra meetup. I'm free at 1 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. :)

We'll most likely just magically know each other when we see, waiting around. Maybe just do something simple like carry bottles in our hands. hehe!! :)

if it's raining we have to go the nearest indoor building,
    which is....(someone help me out here).
    ha everyone will have a bottle.
    we'll just know.

i say we all just agree to have a drink in our hands when we're standing at the egg.that sounds good.

good idea PM'ing your number.i might do the same :D

• Advertisement

oh no, we cant bring anything to distinguish ourselves.
    that takes away all the guessing fun.

Flight of the Chonchords - Jenny

Look it up on youtube :D

if u see someonee at the egg at 11, just say something, probably someone from here or some stalker reading this (be gone stalker we have invisible weaponry!!).

It's hip to be circular - like the egg, eh?

HELLO................HI!!!
    Hello man sitting in the park.................i just said hi...woman in the park lol

Advertisement