Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any new kids got an Offer today?

• 18-08-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

Any members get their offer in the post / on the interwebamathing today for a course in DKIT?

Excited? Nervous? Excited? :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Yeah, my son got his first choice today. Applied Music at DKIT and he is really delighted. :D

Although at 6.30 this morning he wasn't that talkative and just jumped back into his bed once he had accepted!

He's a very cool bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Yeah, my son got his first choice today. Applied Music at DKIT and he is really delighted. :D

Although at 6.30 this morning he wasn't that talkative and just jumped back into his bed once he had accepted!

He's a very cool bloke.

lol.

One of my house mates is going into second year Music now. It seems like a cool course. I'd do it only I don't play any instruments :p

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

Got my first choice of Computing in Internet Technologies :)

Sorting out my accommodation as we speak :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Didnt get Applied Music. Gutted. Doing a PLC so I can do it next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Didnt get Applied Music. Gutted. Doing a PLC so I can do it next year.

Carpo, I'm sorry for you man. I know that you flew your audition and all.

Look, sometimes things happen for a reason but keep trying and you will get it next time out.

Keep the faith.

• Advertisement

Yeah my audition went ridiculously well. If the course isnt full my music teacher/principal said she was going to try make a "special case" for me haha. Wont work, but it was sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

sorry to hear that carpo, you might get it in the second round of offers?

Unfortunately I didnt get the requirements. Although I thought id passed Physics, obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 i-want-my-nic

I applied yesterday for Biosciences in course vacancies, I have more than enough points and the min. the requirements - so fingers crossed :D

Unfortunately I didnt get the requirements. Although I thought id passed Physics, obviously not.

fail by much? theres always the chance you will get a pass with an appeal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I applied yesterday for Biosciences in course vacancies, I have more than enough points and the min. the requirements - so fingers crossed :D

I got Bioscience, twas my first choice. Didn't accept yet, I'll have to tomorrow =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Be prepared for the endless amount of surveys you'll be asked to do.

Did anybody who accepted their place go to the Open Day or visit the college at all beforehand?

Just wondering because I know some people who didn't and they had no idea what it was going to be like and some were surprised and some were a bit doubtful.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Be prepared for the endless amount of surveys you'll be asked to do.

Did anybody who accepted their place go to the Open Day or visit the college at all beforehand?

Just wondering because I know some people who didn't and they had no idea what it was going to be like and some were surprised and some were a bit doubtful.
    I went to the Open Day in October and the Computing Open Day in March (I think).

Got my on-campus accommodation anyway so yay :p

Good stuff. Are you living in the apartments then?

Good stuff. Are you living in the apartments then?
    Yep, 2 of us coming up from Dublin, deposit and all paid. Just need to cough up €1600 by Wednesday for me rent :(

Slashman X wrote: »
    Yep, 2 of us coming up from Dublin, deposit and all paid. Just need to cough up €1600 by Wednesday for me rent :(

The apartments are good but very expensive.

Only thing wrong with them is the fact that there seems to be inspections going on a lot so you've to be very tidy and also if you're planning on having any parties then you have to be concious about noise or the security will be around to you.

If you want to get your deposit back you'll have to be extremely tidy for the year or you won't get it back.

The apartments are good but very expensive.

Only thing wrong with them is the fact that there seems to be inspections going on a lot so you've to be very tidy and also if you're planning on having any parties then you have to be concious about noise or the security will be around to you.

If you want to get your deposit back you'll have to be extremely tidy for the year or you won't get it back.
    Aye I know, and my room at home isn't exactly the tidiest in the world :(

I'll be home on the weekends anyway to work and to get me ma to do me washing :D

Hopefully I get some sound roommates anyway.

Aye I know, and my room at home isn't exactly the tidiest in the world :(

I'll be home on the weekends anyway to work and to get me ma to do me washing :D

Hopefully I get some sound roommates anyway.

I didn't live in the apartments but I was there a good few times last year during the year and everybody seemed to get on pretty well with each other.

Try and get friendly with the landlord too. Always a plus if you're gonna try and get your deposit back.

Be hopeful though that you won't get room mates who don't pull their weight.

I didn't live in the apartments but I was there a good few times last year during the year and everybody seemed to get on pretty well with each other.

Try and get friendly with the landlord too. Always a plus if you're gonna try and get your deposit back.

Be hopeful though that you won't get room mates who don't pull their weight.
    Know what you mean. I'll probably end up being the one not pulling his weight :D

I'd say all the "mad lads" will be elsewhere given the cost of the apartments.

It's a bit obvious that I'm not the most outgoing of people :(

Know what you mean. I'll probably end up being the one not pulling his weight :D

I'd say all the "mad lads" will be elsewhere given the cost of the apartments.

It's a bit obvious that I'm not the most outgoing of people :(

That might change. Go to the Freshers Ball anyway and mingle.

In the first two weeks I met my friends for life. I never realised how easy it is to meet friends.

• Advertisement

In the first two weeks I met my friends for life. I never realised how easy it is to meet friends.

Awh. Would I be one such person? :)

What year are you guys going into if you don't mind me asking :p

We are both going into second. Why do you ask, good sir?

im...LOST wrote: »
    We are both going into second. Why do you ask, good sir?
    Just curious as it seems your spirit hasn't been broken as of yet :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

Heyas! i applied 4 pharm.science in vacant places ive more than enough points so hope ill get it coz id love 2 get in!any1 doing it but is it easy 2 transfer if your not happy??id like it but just incase i could coz i had my heart set on nursing, cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Got my first choice of Computing in Internet Technologies :)

They still do that? I thought they stopped that course alltogether. Cause there is like only 1 person left in 4 year doing that course.

im...LOST wrote: »
    Awh. Would I be one such person? :)

I don't know. You might be. We'll see how this year goes first. :D

keefs08 wrote: »
    Heyas! i applied 4 pharm.science in vacant places ive more than enough points so hope ill get it coz id love 2 get in!any1 doing it but is it easy 2 transfer if your not happy??id like it but just incase i could coz i had my heart set on nursing, cheers :D

if you decide early on that you dont like it then it can be easy enough to transfer but the longer you leave it the less likely you are to be able to transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭injured365

Moving up there as well meself from way down south......I must be crazy....going into those apartments as well....second go at college for me.....better work out this time

• Advertisement

injured365 wrote: »
    Moving up there as well meself from way down south......I must be crazy....going into those apartments as well....second go at college for me.....better work out this time

Cork to dkit is quite a move!! good luck with it, dundalk is great craic if you take part in and enjoy a good social life

Advertisement