Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Wii deals

• 18-08-2008 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm thinking of buying a wii and am wondering is there anywhere that does a package with 2 controllers & nunchuks as the basic console only comes with one of each. I have checked a few shops and they are pricey enough to buy seperately.

I am living in Dublin but would happily take a spin to somewhere in NI to save a few bob (just looking at the argos.co.uk site instead of .ie and after conversion its a lot cheaper than in ROI)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I guess you would have to factor the cost of a trip to NI and your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dinos

i bought a separate nunchuck and controller on www.dealextreme.com
    found them excellent, very fast, no delivery charges.

I then got one of the other deals here on the wii console itself - think it was smiths.

(On a complete aside, combined my purchase and got a couple of mp3 players for my/dh car too, which were really cheap and much better than anything here)

hth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

dinos wrote: »
    i bought a separate nunchuck and controller on www.dealextreme.com
    found them excellent, very fast, no delivery charges.

I have used them before, never had a problem so will check them out for an extra controller etc
    cronos wrote: »
    I guess you would have to factor the cost of a trip to NI and your time.

have been planning a shopping trip across the border for a while so not too bothered about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

I bought at pixmania
    Wii console +Sports pack =219 plus 8-in-1 added, all for 238 + package
    happy with it but i saw virgin store sellign this for 240+game something
    Get from USa as they are cheaper there

I actually bought one in argos is newry. checked what I got online and it was about the same as pixmania but pixmania would also charge P&P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

What did you pay in argos newry? I'm interested in getting a bundle, preferably one with the wii fit add-on, so would like to find the best price for this! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

ASTRACLUB wrote: »
    ....Get from USA as they are cheaper there
    The Wii has regional lockout built into it. Unless you want to hack it and ruin your warranty I wouldnt buy from the US. You might save money but you then have the hassle of trying to make the wii work with european games.

muckety wrote: »
    What did you pay in argos newry? I'm interested in getting a bundle, preferably one with the wii fit add-on, so would like to find the best price for this! Thanks

I got a package with the console, an activity pack (tennis racket add on, baseball bat etc), docking station for charging the remotes and any £35 game (got mariokart) for ST£219. Also bought an extra nun chuk and a controller (well actually bought a game with a free controller). Came to £269 over all, was charged €342 on my CC card.

I bought it in the argos in Quays shopping center, there is also a game stop and HMV selling wii's. One (or possibly both) of them had packages with the wii fit included, can't remember the price of em tho! Sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭lizzyd66

I bought one at the weekend in Sainsbury's next to Ikea in Belfast. They had the standard offer of £179 for the console with sports . They had another offer with Tiger Woods PGA 09 for £189. I know you have to factor in the petrol and your time but if you were up there anyway would be worth getting it there. It works out roughly €222 for the console , the price in Smyths here is €269.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i bought one last week and got a wii, wii play with extra controller and an extra numchuck for 285 in Zavvi, which basically comes to around 20 euros more than up north, so unless you're going there already, a trip up to newry just for that isn't worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

I paid 249 in marks and spencers (yes really!) for the basic console + sports, which was the cheapest I came across without travelling to NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

Was in HMW today and they have it for €239 now

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

i had to gift my existing one to bro so went to last week to blanch and got

Wii console+Sports+ 2 extra games for 239 euro in HMV/W
    student will get 10% more discount on zavi card (but not on package deal
    )
    rgds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

mariokart for wii- 34.95 in tescos compared to 50 euro in most other outlets.:)

Advertisement