Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laura brady got 565

Options
  • 18-08-2008 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

ha!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Ok it's not funny to poke fun at someone else's misfortune- put yourself in her position. Don't get me wrong, I didn't like her self assured style either but your post was really in bad taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Who? Relevance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 whateva eva eva

i appologise but i just had to bring it up. Her arrogance was unforgiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Who? Relevance?

From the Irish Times exam diary. There was a thread about her during the Leaving Cert because many people disliked her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Link please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Who? Relevance?
    http://www.skoool.ie/exams2008.asp?id=4989

i actually had to google it

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NU8

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055308156

That's the link for the thread (mostly) about her.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

It was her third time doing the LC, she got something like 540/545 last year but decided, for some reason, to repeat again. Came of kinda smug in articles she wrote for the Irish times. Wow, I would hate to be her right now. How can you do 6th year 3 times and 5th year twice in private schools and not get 600?! Still though, bad form gloating at someone elses misfortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

who will next year's diary writer be?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

she's gonna be a dentist :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ah yes I do recall this story, ah well if she takes the LC for the 4th time though the girl is a lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I don't think there's any point in revisiting the whole Laura Brady thing, it got pretty ugly at the time with all the exam time heightened stress :rolleyes: You have to feel sorry for her and wonder why she left herself open to so much scrutiny about her results unless she was absolutely sure of getting the points she needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yes she was annoying, yes she was arrogant and stuck up, but she doesn't deserve this. Laughing at someone else's misfortune is worse than being full of yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement