Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Conditions Garretstown or Inchydonney

Options
  • 18-08-2008 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

hi, I'm New to this forum, just wondering if anyone has been down garretstown beach today, I'm wondering what the conditions are like, I've checked surfgtown.com but they haven't updated the pic in ages.. And my chart reading skills with magic seaweed aren't great.

I'm thinking about taking a drive down later from cork but want to be sure there's some descent waves would suit beginners.

If anyone has seen the conditions please share.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Should be huge and cross onshore with moderate cross onshore winds after work.
    Try to find somewhere east or SE facing for smaller, cleaner waves.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

twas offshore/cross offshore for a couple hours this evening till the wind swung around. gtown strand was huge alright, garrylucas was more manageable. (1st time ive seen rideable waves there in a long while).

shaping up to be pretty sweet tomorow

• Registered Users Posts: 47 GiuseppeConlon

Thanks Guys, didn't get out yesterday, but will take a spin this evening for sure..

happy Surfing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 GiuseppeConlon

Managed to get out yesterday, best days surfing for me in a long time nice clean breaks and plenty of push in the waves.

Got very busy on the beach from 7 on, lucky I got ther ewhen it was about 5 and people were still getting home from work :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

Anyone out in Garretstown today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

fattestman wrote: »
    Anyone out in Garretstown today?

Yes, it sucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

swell is swell, make the most of while whatever little of it is here!

should be a tad bigger tomorrow though...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Windguru says 6m swell in mayo on thursday....if only the wind would die down.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭keryl

Yeah 14ft in some places and the wind is crazy.

Advertisement