Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Nicked... Time for a new one!

Options
  • 18-08-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

Right, had my bike pinched whilst at the gym (locked under a cctv camera outside of the place, the little bugger had the lock off faster than I put it on).

It's not the end of the world. It was only a Carrera Virtuoso which I bought for £224. I believe however that I'm insured under my home insurance with a £50 excess so happy me.

It's a commuting bike primarily but couples as a training bike for triathlons although I intend to buy a proper tri bike over the winter to actually compete with.

So with a budget of around £300- £400 what would be a good bike to go for or am I better off going slightly more hassle free and getting a new Virtuoso or Valour from Halfords because it wasn't a bad bike and in fairness to it for the year or so I've had it it hasn't given me any trouble despite the fact that it's a Halford bike.

Cheers for any suggestions.

Advertisement