Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating,do i have to do irish and maths again?

Options
  • 18-08-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

as the title says,im repeating this year after doing my leaving two years ago,do i have to do irish and maths again?or can i do other subjects to make up my 6 subjects?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

you don't have to do irish and maths if you have already satisfied the minimum course requirements for those subjects.

but if you need say an OB3 in maths but you got OC1 then you have to do maths again.

if you don't do irish and maths you can't count them for points.

so check very carefully that you have already satisfied the minimum requirements in these subjects

Ignore the above if you are applying for medicine through the new route

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Justin10

do you have to do english again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Rochey18 wrote: »
    do you have to do english again?

same answer as above for any subject unless you are applying for medicine through the new route.

again you couldnt use english for points

• Registered Users Posts: 31,939 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You have to have 6 subjects, if you did 7 for the L.C then you can only drop one. Make sure that grade you got in that exam, as pathway said, meets entry rquirements. It CANNOT be used for points. People always make that mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

subject requirements passing english, irish, maths, foreign language and/or getting certain grades in these subjects or any other subject can come from any year you have sat the leaving cert. Points total can only come from one year, so your best points total from either 2008 or 2009 if you repeat - but not a combination of your best grades over the two years

so if you have satisfied requirements say by passing Irish and Maths this year and did both at ordinary level, you could drop both of those, keep your other five subjects and take on another subject at higher level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

thanks for all the help,i got a D2 in ordinary level maths and B1 in ordinary irish so i might drop maths as my course requires a D3 in ordinary level.i could probably get an A1 in rish if i really tryed but maths is something i dont think ill ever really improve on

Advertisement