Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finishing up ACA training contract early

• 18-08-2008 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi all

I am finishing up my ACA training contract on 31st Oct with a big 4 firm.(3 year contract) I haven't taken any leave this year yet and have booked the last month off as holidays therefore actually finishing in september.
    I have now accepted a new job and wanted to start at the begining of Oct. will there be any issue with the institute? Someone mentioned in HR that there might be a problem with this cause I am contracted to my existing firm till 31 Oct!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭notlongleft

if u bring it to the inst s attention u ll have a problem. My office is closing (BIG 4) and we asked for our contracts to be signed off early - at the beginning of sept - have all the time worked etc and the firm contacted the inst and they said no that we have to stay until the end of october.

However i am leaving a week early and the partner has no time off signing off on my final week as holidays. Once the partner doesnt mind u should be fine but i wouldnt go downt he route of bringing it to the attention of the inst - then u will have a problem

Advertisement