Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analyse this?

Options
  • 18-08-2008 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Last night I has a really disturbing dream in what was a very bad nights sleep. So I fell asleep around 12.45am after reading a self-development book and was asking myself alot of questions about my future beforehand.

Anyway I awoke at 3.15am with a totally blocked nose my hayfever injection is starting wear off and after a few kilometres of tissues later I got the airways open again and went back to sleep and fell asleep again.

Then I had a really strange and vivid dream in which my uncle was after suffering some sort of attack and was languishing in front of us and I held his limb hand and it was if I could really feel the cold and limbness, I woke up afterwards. I felt really traumatised as my Uncle is sick in real life and no-one knows what is wrong with him as they won't tell anyone and he has dis-improved alot over the last two years. I think it may be stroke side affects or else Parkinson’s Disease. It upset me as I know something is wrong yet there is a veil of secrecy and I am worried that this dream is an omen of things to come in the future.

I often don't remember my dreams except either really emotional ones like this or else erotic ones:o. I was contemplating alot of things all day yesterday and I wonder if this is my unconscious mind trying to tell me something. I am undergoing alot of major life changes right now and am moving home and have seen my personal finances improve vastly, I would say this has been the biggest year of change in my life since I hit puberty all those years back and I wonder if my dreams are messages from the depths of the unknown of the subconscious human mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

In general, any people in your dreams are you

So it could be how you feel about your uncle, or else its just a direct transfer of your worries about his illness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Perhaps the self help books coupled with your asserting yourself on other aspects of your life have awoken a need in your unconscious to stop allowing others decide what you do and don't know about important matters,in this case your uncles health?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

mumhaabu wrote: »
    I felt really traumatised as my Uncle is sick in real life and no-one knows what is wrong with him as they won't tell anyone and he has dis-improved alot over the last two years. I think it may be stroke side affects or else Parkinson’s Disease. It upset me as I know something is wrong yet there is a veil of secrecy and I am worried that this dream is an omen of things to come in the future.
    It would seem that your dream was prompted by your concerns for your uncle. Sometimes the mind processes things when in a sleeping state. I am very skeptical about your dream being an "omen" or some other kind of prescient paranormal explanation.

Advertisement