Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

blood!! (Summerslam Spoilers)

• 18-08-2008 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

anyone else feel that the lack of blood in the HIAC match at summerslam took away some of the drama from the match.I personally feel that a good juice job adds to the realism of a match and helps people to susped their disbelief.
    anyone agree??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

All WWE programming is rated PG now. So you won't be seeing much unneccessary blood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Norman213 wrote: »
    anyone else feel that the lack of blood in the HIAC match at summerslam took away some of the drama from the match.I personally feel that a good juice job adds to the realism of a match and helps people to susped their disbelief.
    anyone agree??

Couldn't disagree more. Watch the Rock/HHH Ironman match from Judgment Day 2000, there was your realism and suspense with not a drop of blood in sight. Until Taker came down and ruined the whole f*cking thing at the 59th minute.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I love a good juice job. JBL/Eddy at Judgement 2004 was a pretty mediocre match, until Eddy bled all over the place and suddenly I was glued to the screen. Of course, Eddy went into shock after the match and nearly died, so obviously getting colour in wrestling is a bad thing from a humanitarian point of view, but the point stands; blood adds drama to a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I love a good juice job. JBL/Eddy at Judgement 2004 was a pretty mediocre match, until Eddy bled all over the place and suddenly I was glued to the screen. Of course, Eddy went into shock after the match and nearly died, so obviously getting colour in wrestling is a bad thing from a humanitarian point of view, but the point stands; blood adds drama to a match.
    Good to see you can keep these things in perspective anyway.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Seriously?! :eek: How much blood did he lose?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Norman213

Couldn't disagree more. Watch the Rock/HHH Ironman match from Judgment Day 2000, there was your realism and suspense with not a drop of blood in sight. Until Taker came down and ruined the whole f*cking thing at the 59th minute.

VR!

i see where your coming from but i think your missing my point.
    i wasnt saying that the lack of a juice job takes away from all matches, just matches of this nature (HIAC,No DQ,Cage,Elimination Chamber,etc).

An iron man match is presented as a true athletic contest in that endurance,stamina and athletic ability are required. Its also fought under regular rules, not no dq so the chances of weapons shots and the expectations of there being a heavy juice job(or any blood for that matter) are fairly minimal. The emphasis in this type of match is not brutality and violence.

On the other hand, the HIAC match is presented as the most deadly in pro wrestling where the particpants are ment to use everything at their disposal to win...and in a match where ladders,chairs,steel steps,tables, cameras and the cage itself where used its hard to believe that either man could take part in such a match without bleeding heavily.

This is why i feel the lack of a juice job in this match frained it of the level of drama seen in other HIAC like the takers/micheals one and the cactus?hhh one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I think Fozzy said it right where all programming is PG now.

But it amazes me how they can still have:
    A man knocking a woman out with a stiff punch, a "broken glass" arm wrestling match, and a big fire thing?

Anyway on to the topic point:
    I think blood handled at a reasonable and realistic fashion is better than some crap we see. For example, for my birthday last week i got a double dvd wrestlemania X-7 :cool: And the Rock/Austin match has a bit of blood, but its only from a tap of a bell, and it didnt just last a few seconds.
    But sometimes when it just goes on and on it takes away a bit from what the wrestling is supposed to be like. I never knew why wwe wanted flair to juice so much.

I never knew why wwe wanted flair to juice so much.

Funny you mention that, but his first stint from 91-93, during a period where juicing was a no-no in WWE except for very rare occasions, i remember reading that he actually got fined for his juicing at Wrestlemania VIII against Savage, As Bret had already juiced earlier in the night.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

i remember reading that he actually got fined for his juicing at Wrestlemania VIII against Savage, As Bret had already juiced earlier in the night.

I might be wrong because Bret's book is loaded with detail and it's hard to remember it all but his take on it was that he manged to persuade Vince that they juiced "hard way" and that's why they didn't get in trouble in comparison to Flair.

• Advertisement

I might be wrong because Bret's book is loaded with detail and it's hard to remember it all but his take on it was that he manged to persuade Vince that they juiced "hard way" and that's why they didn't get in trouble in comparison to Flair.

That sounds about right to me alright. And to his credit, Piper did nail him with a rather nasty looking bulldog halfway through that match.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

I just read that chapter last night. Bret and Roddy convinced McMahon that it was accidental when Roddy booted Bret in the head. Then Savage and Flair got fined 500 dollars each for blading in their match. I think in certain matches a fan expects to see blood.HIAC is a match that more often than not gets color. I myself wouldnt care about blood in a match if I am entertained by whats going on. I havent seen the latest HIAC so I can't comment on wether or not the match could of benefited from a blade job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

taker was hit with everything, ladders, chairs, the cell, steel steps, the camera, so you did kind of expect a bit of blood from all that! in other matches they have been hit with less and still bleed! (last first blood match anyone?! :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

taker was hit with everything, ladders, chairs, the cell, steel steps, the camera, so you did kind of expect a bit of blood from all that! in other matches they have been hit with less and still bleed! (last first blood match anyone?! :rolleyes:)

But you kinda HAVE to bleed in a first blood match.:rolleyes:

Advertisement