Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colleges

Options
  • 18-08-2008 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

When should you hear from the college with dates and timetables etc. after accepting your course from CAO?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Id image you'll be posted out the info, so proberly by next monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I just got a text from UL, they must of got my number of the cao site, told me they'd be sending me a package or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

You should receive a package from them with various pieces of information like bus schedules, housing and most importantly where and when to turn up. This should arrive a few weeks before you're due to be there.

You'll probably get some sort of orientation on the first day along with your timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

1huge1 wrote: »
    I just got a text from UL, they must of got my number of the cao site, told me they'd be sending me a package or something.

don't get too excited.....it's probably homework :D

If you're going to trinity you'll probably get your stuff last since, well, Trinity doesn't start 'til October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Myth wrote: »
    If you're going to trinity you'll probably get your stuff last since, well, Trinity doesn't start 'til October.

Oh man I want my package now ohh well....Trinity starts a month later than everywhere else so does that mean it closes later for the summer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ah no. Unless it arrives in the next 2 weeks I'll be away on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

yea i remember I got mine very late. Was worried for a while. Don't worry, it'll arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Ah no. Unless it arrives in the next 2 weeks I'll be away on holiday.

Wait a minute, aren't you just back? :eek:

Yes. >.> That wasn't a holiday though, that was srs physics-related business.

Trying to decide on a laptop to get now. Bleedin' integrated video cards...

Myth, do you know if TCD does any kind of laptop discount deal of any worth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll have somma that!... except that sounds absurd, and is probably a joke... aaw:(

Even so, I must get myself a laptop too, a cheap one, but preferably one on which I can play counterstrike... maybe I'll go post in the laptop forum (there's probably a laptop forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

raah! wrote: »
    I'll have somma that!... except that sounds absurd, and is probably a joke... aaw:(

Even so, I must get myself a laptop too, a cheap one, but preferably one on which I can play counterstrike... maybe I'll go post in the laptop forum (there's probably a laptop forum)

Let me know if you find such a forum :p

I've been looking at the Dell Studio 15 with a better video card option... must be able to play TF2. I mean, what's the point of having a portable computer if it's no good at LANs?

I'd wait for Myth's answer before saying anything for definite, but I have heard of UCD doing deals for laptops. They just seem to be crap usually.

EDIT: Lads, there's a forum on boards.ie for EVERYTHING. Laptops -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=529

Yes. >.> That wasn't a holiday though, that was srs physics-related business.

Trying to decide on a laptop to get now. Bleedin' integrated video cards...

You know I don't read every post :p

Trinity does a laptop deal, used to be with HP and Dell, and a separate one with Macs. I remember talking to someone about how they weren't going with HP anymore... UCD generally do the same ones though, so as far as deals go you'd be much better buying one yourself (the ones on offer in the 'deals' would be €1,000 minimum, so you can get a cheaper one easily. Plus you can always save money using OpenOffice or http://www.software4students.ie). The above is information from at least two years ago mind, so it could easily have changed since then.

Although really you probably won't need any laptop for any course but it does come in handy, particularly in fourth year.

And if you're looking for information while you're pondering those days away before you get your bits of paper from Trinity, ask away in the TCD forum!

Advertisement