Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowing in Dublin

• 18-08-2008 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

Time to make good on my own oaths and join a rowing club in Dublin. I'm moving to a new place around Spencer Docks in two weeks, and St. Pats/Stella maris rowing clubs have been mentioned. Thing is I can only find one e-mail address for St. pats, and no contact info at all for Stealla Maris.

Any chance someone might have some info to help me out, or even be a member of either club? Or indeed any other clubs looking for soem fresh meat?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to Sailing & Boating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

oh right, apologies, didn't even know there was a "sailing & boating".

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

I think that Poolbeg Yacht and Boat Club have contacts with Stella Maris. Check out Neptune at Island Bridge for the other type of rowing.
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 scraggymess

All the good river rowing clubs are within a hundred metres of each other. If you've rowed before then Commercial, which is next to neptune. Or if you're a total novice then join Neptune. Its expensive, time consuming and tough, but the people are great once you get to know them.

I row in Dublin btw and have done both types of rowing. River rowings much much better if youre serious about it

Advertisement